• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front inner wheel well issues

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
FWIW, I checked my S550 earlier. There's a bulge (out) in the same spot, shaped a bit differently, but close to yours. The liner is all one piece. I didn't try to pull it back and look in, as there are fasteners close-by.

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium/Vapor Blue/PP/401A
FYI, those with a 2024 Mustang Performance Pack, you should have in the trunk of the car, side bottom air deflector/strikers. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that they would fit in this hole in the fender wheel well you are describing.
S650 Mustang Front inner wheel well issues 20231107_131401

S650 Mustang Front inner wheel well issues 20231107_131510

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
FYI, those with a 2024 Mustang Performance Pack, you should have in the trunk of the car, side bottom air deflector/strikers. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that they would fit in this hole in the fender wheel well you are describing.
20231107_131401.jpg

20231107_131510.jpg
They will direct airflow that direction but do not cover the hole.

edit: added image

S650 Mustang Front inner wheel well issues IMG_0689

Last edited:

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
20231107_131401.jpg

20231107_131510.jpg
Sorry, know, they are further in, but good thought though.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
This is problem. I had rocks in the side rails, the pan under the radiator, the pan under the engine, and the rear pan. I understand they are for Areo, but they do hold a lot of debris. The hole behind the front wheels just seems like a design flaw. I'm not driving mine in the snow and salt, but for those who are this is going to be a big problem area.

The pans also hold a bunch of water. There are weep holes, but they don't work that great. I washed the car before I put it away for the winter. The next day I went out and drove up and down my driveway because the rust on the rotors bothered me. I couldn't believe how much water came out when I was going back and forth hitting the brakes.

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
This is problem. I had rocks in the side rails, the pan under the radiator, the pan under the engine, and the rear pan. I understand they are for Areo, but they do hold a lot of debris. The hole behind the front wheels just seems like a design flaw. I'm not driving mine in the snow and salt, but for those who are this is going to be a big problem area.

The pans also hold a bunch of water. There are weep holes, but they don't work that great. I washed the car before I put it away for the winter. The next day I went out and drove up and down my driveway because the rust on the rotors bothered me. I couldn't believe how much water came out when I was going back and forth hitting the brakes.
Hopefully enough of us voice our concern to the dealers and Ford they will make some adjustments and improve the inner wheel wells. The fabric material isn’t the greatest choice either, the previous generation used plastic.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Hopefully enough of us voice our concern to the dealers and Ford they will make some adjustments and improve the inner wheel wells. The fabric material isn’t the greatest choice either, the previous generation used plastic.
plastic gets brittle and cracks over time though.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
I imagine any welders out there could fashion up a patch, but they'd have to grind away the galvanized coating and so would have to treat the metal with rust resistant/epoxy based paint.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
my 16 S550 used the fabric material. When did they change it to plastic and then back?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Thought this was the last ICE model Mustang for Ford ..thought I read this model is running from 24-28 and that’s it ..so I would assume they won’t adjust anything ..think they are more focusing on a Full EV version next
Cars receive rolling updates for this sort of thing all the time

• Haha
Reactions: Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I Just completed the closure process on the inner fender - This is what i did

Have you had the opportunity to perform the smoke test? Or i should say, been able to take them out for a drive and see how they hold up?
Sponsored