• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front inner wheel well issues

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
Bummer but not unexpected. So nothing new to report on this issue? I just ordered an EB so I'm hoping either Ford or an aftermarket fix comes out soon for this issue.
I doubt Ford will do anything about this until it affects them financially in some way. I had high hopes that I would have an opportunity to discuss the issue with a technical person but they seem to have a strong first line of goal tenders that prevent any such thing.

hopefully the aftermarket companies keep their ears and eyes open🤞
Sponsored

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
1704473218231.png

1704473273995.png

So the flaps are a good fit, but they do not cover the hole underneath, as you can see. I honestly don't see the point of putting these on, as they would not cover the hole underneath, where all the salt/gravel can still enter the wheel well lining area.
I did not fill/block off the underside of the gap completely; I think it's important for drainage if moisture builds up in there. I will get mine up on a lift in the spring and see how things have gone after one winter of driving with the kydex covers I did fit. All said, I did spray a good amount of fluid film all up in those areas to at least HELP until a more solid option is available.

Awt2858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium PP, 2019 Honda CBR650R
Does anyone know if the DH models, especially the handling pack ones, have this same exposed hole? With a different aero package maybe there is an aero piece attachment, a differently shaped liner or something of that sort that would otherwise close off that opening? Hypothetically, cost cutting could be a reason that non-DH hp cars have this exposed. My GT pp was just shipped from the factory this week so I haven’t gotten to see any of this myself.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Does anyone know if the DH models, especially the handling pack ones, have this same exposed hole? With a different aero package maybe there is an aero piece attachment, a differently shaped liner or something of that sort that would otherwise close off that opening? Hypothetically, cost cutting could be a reason that non-DH hp cars have this exposed. My GT pp was just shipped from the factory this week so I haven’t gotten to see any of this myself.
My DH has the same opening in the front wheel! I haven’t heard of one DH without the hole in the front wheel well! It seems all DH have them! I hope the newer ones would have been closed by now after the complains reaches the Ford manufacturing company to upgrade it to prevent it! Who knows?

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Am I crazy for thinking this is a non issue? Not like covering that hole is going to do anything other than keeping out some big rocks.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Am I crazy for thinking this is a non issue? Not like covering that hole is going to do anything other than keeping out some big rocks.
I'm sure there is a reason for the hole, even Ford are not that stupid when it comes to design and there must be a reason it has changed from the S550. Could be for aero reasons, reducing wheel well pressure, as this is a known problem on all cars. There is an air curtain opening on the front of the wheel well on the S550, is that still there on the S650?

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I'm sure there is a reason for the hole, even Ford are not that stupid when it comes to design and there must be a reason it has changed from the S550. Could be for aero reasons, reducing wheel well pressure, as this is a known problem on all cars. There is an air curtain opening on the front of the wheel well on the S550, is that still there on the S650?
But hasn’t Ford given us any explanation is the biggest question and also the rattling of the rock that gets people little crazy about that noise! Obviously Ford hasn’t really thoroughly tested and find this out? Sorry I think that was a terrible job!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I once had a fuel filler tube rust though so there’s that.. you know exposure to the elements and structural member and what not but otherwise maybe aero will keep it dry if it was just a bit more finished ….

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
But hasn’t Ford given us any explanation is the biggest question and also the rattling of the rock that gets people little crazy about that noise! Obviously Ford hasn’t really thoroughly tested and find this out? Sorry I think that was a terrible job!
Are they required to provide an explanation of every design change?

It will be interesting to see if it changes on job 2 cars as they start being delivered soon.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse

It will be interesting to see if it changes on job 2 cars as they start being delivered soon.
Wait and see!

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury

I too an very interested to see if anything with regards to this hole changes on the job 2 cars as I just recently ordered a Mustang myself. I probably won't see mine until late Spring or even Summer which could be a good thing if a fix is implemented.

At the very least hopefully we can some sort of easy aftermarket fix and maybe an explanation from Ford as to why this hole even exists.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I, too, have a GT with the PP and the opening is there. As mentioned it does collect some trash from the road.

C.A.R.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My 2024 GT convertible has the openings behind the front wheels. My dealer has not heard of the problem. I just covered the openings with duct tape as a temporary fix until Ford comes up with a solution. As others have said, I cannot think of a reason for the holes but does anyone know of a potential downside to covering them? I have had the car since last October 23 and have less than 300 miles on it so I obviously don't use it much. Mainly because Ford suggests not driving the summer tires when it's below forty-five degrees. I'm in southern Kentucky and the temp is frequently below 45.

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
[/QUOTE
In 1000 miles the brace that comes off my K member was down to bare metal, the chassis paint is chipped down to primer, stones were/are wedged in between the sheet metal of the fender and the chassis, stones are wedged in along the pinch mold and plastic rocker trim, stones collect in the protection board.
Sponsored