• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front inner wheel well issues

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I have the space and plenty of jack stands, I'll pull them off at some point before Monday when the 550 goes in for a polish before I put he on the market.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
I have the space and plenty of jack stands, I'll pull them off at some point before Monday when the 550 goes in for a polish before I put he on the market.
That’s awesome, if they worked you could achieve hero status!

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I pulled the right front wheels of my 2018 and my 2024.

First I found this, this looks like one of the air deflectors that were installed at delivery, it doesn't look like its installed correctly, even if you overlook the loose screws. One of those could have ruined my new PS4 ASs.
S650 Mustang Front inner wheel well issues dXSHDmW

Before I remove the liners it looks like there is a gap in the 2018 in the same place where there is a hole in in the 2024. Do you think it's worth exploring further?
S650 Mustang Front inner wheel well issues x7IDJZh

S650 Mustang Front inner wheel well issues Xdall0o

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I pulled the right front wheels of my 2018 and my 2024.

First I found this, this looks like one of the air deflectors that were installed at delivery, it doesn't look like its installed correctly, even if you overlook the loose screws. One of those could have ruined my new PS4 ASs.
dXSHDmW.jpg

Before I remove the liners it looks like there is a gap in the 2018 in the same place where there is a hole in in the 2024. Do you think it's worth exploring further?
x7IDJZh.jpg

Xdall0o.jpg
Yes you are right and the 550 doesn't have the full length protection, also It doesn't look like the 550 has the additional brace that the 650 has coming off the K member. The additional brace is what was taking the brunt of the stones along with helping trap stones and debris on our 650. Looks like perhaps they modified the K member with a brace but didn't make the change in the inner fender well to protect as well and see the trapping potential of the full length protection board.

I would say its not worth going any further. - Thank you for trying!

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anyone wants any further pictures or info I will keep the wheels off until tomorrow. I will be removing the 650 in search of a plastic connector I dropped.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
If anyone wants any further pictures or info I will keep the wheels off until tomorrow. I will be removing the 650 in search of a plastic connector I dropped.
I ended up using my extendo grabber tool through the lower grill. Thx.

edit: re: looking for the plastic connector I dropped

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Yes you are right and the 550 doesn't have the full length protection, also It doesn't look like the 550 has the additional brace that the 650 has coming off the K member. The additional brace is what was taking the brunt of the stones along with helping trap stones and debris on our 650. Looks like perhaps they modified the K member with a brace but didn't make the change in the inner fender well to protect as well and see the trapping potential of the full length protection board.

I would say its not worth going any further. - Thank you for trying!
Just came across this post from @NH-Woodster who posted about his Predelivery inspection of his EB convertible. This quote is very interesting:

"The front wheel well liners seem to be a new design without the big hole above the rocker panels and they now overlap the top of the rocker panels."

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/predelivery-inspection-failure.159829/

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just came across this post from @NH-Woodster who posted about his Predelivery inspection of his EB convertible. This quote is very interesting:

"The front wheel well liners seem to be a new design without the big hole above the rocker panels and they now overlap the top of the rocker panels."

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/predelivery-inspection-failure.159829/
Wow, I sure hope that is the case, hopefully we will get more intel as more receive theirs.

If it is confirmed, I will begin petitioning my dealer for the updated liners.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
pics of this no hole would be nice on Job 2 builds. A few comments of it’s different yet takes less time to take a pic than post it’s different lol

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
There is plenty of information on inner fender air turbulence. It looks like Ford has deliberately placed this opening. It is somewhat helpful at higher highway speeds but most beneficial at higher track speeds. Ford did extensive wind tunnel testing for s650. This might be great for a track car like the DH but for the average person with normal driving conditions it should not be that advantageous. I will be still be covering this opening on my job 2
(12-14) built car. Trash and rocks be gone.

Iceman28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse
Ford, you are monitoring this forum. You can stop all the speculation about this opening in the liner. It's obvious the opening was manufactured into the liner. What is the purpose of this slot, besides letting gravel in?

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I removed the liner today to try and find the connector I dropped, there it was along with some stones, this is at 150 miles driving on clean roads.
S650 Mustang Front inner wheel well issues qbZx356

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I removed the liner today to try and find the connector I dropped, there it was along with some stones, this is at 150 miles driving on clean roads.
qbZx356.jpg
The worst part about those stone are they wedge them selves in cutting through the paint. I had a really hard time getting some of them out as well as at the front K member brace.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to tape it up for the short term as I won't be putting many miles on it until spring. There are probably people out there that nothing about this and that space will get packed with debris and cause corrosion. I did talk to my sales guy and he said he would look into it.
Sponsored