• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DTOWN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
I didnt mean to sounds like I was defending Ford, but I also realize that a 4 month turnaround from order to delivered in this landscape would be unrealistic especially on a '24 MY "all new" model.

Im traveling to Iowa from California to pick up my Mustang so I would LOVE to get an ETA or even know if these will ship anytime soon.
You have to be in Dearborn to feel it. From one side you're looking at your already produced car.... parked in a lot 5 minutes away from you, and on the other side, you see that hail...knocking on your glass window and trying to get their way in. And like if that's not enough, you look at the weather forecast and you see a serial aggressive hail storms coming your way.

Our only concern is that these cars might get damaged, and then we suddenly find ourselves waiting for another 6 months.
Sponsored

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Are you scheduled for September?
No, not scheduled, no VIN. Just wishful thinking.

I have the same order as you, not yet scheduled. At this point I unless we get scheduled in October, it will be next year/spring for sure.

I've stopped "expecting" it this year at this point 😅
Agreed.

It is disappointing that my dealer has a Dark Horse ordered with VIN and build sheet, but it is not AP or HP.

Podsadka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EcoBoost
IMO, it's completely asinine on the part of Ford to continue to hold onto and expose $150+mm of finished inventory to these conditions over & over (3rd hail storm in as many weeks) and gamble with potential damages as opposed to putting them safely in our garages.
Where should they store them, then?

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
What would happen if all of our cars were hail damaged? Would our dealer still expect us to buy it? I had to put $1000 down and got a pretty decent deal overall but I don't want a repaired car even if they would discount it honestly.

Podsadka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EcoBoost
I will store my car for them in my garage all they have to do is ship it to me and I can solve their problem lol
I think they should be shipping them instead of storing them.
Solves two problems, Fords storage issue and my not having a Mustang in the driveway issue. :cwl:
There really is no pleasing people. Say they shipped them right away before the quality was where it should be, then you’d be complaining that they should’ve fixed everything before shipping them out. But now they hold them to make sure the quality is good and people are mad they aren’t shipping.

Trinz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT (Awaiting)
There really is no pleasing people. Say they shipped them right away before the quality was where it should be, then you’d be complaining that they should’ve fixed everything before shipping them out. But now they hold them to make sure the quality is good and people are mad they aren’t shipping.
I don't you're getting what the others are talking about. Ford never came out and said that they were holding shipping due to quality issues. We have proof of so many produced cars sitting in lots. The main concern is the weather damage to all these cars.

Think about it, what good is having 100% quality checks done before shipping if there's weather damage before the customer even gets the car. Kinda counter productive if you think about it. If there were serious quality issues why even wait till so many cars are produced to address them ?
Also why even do the media drives if the quality issues are that prominent.

It's not much about pleasing people, it's more about people being concerned about an expensive purchase. I'm spending a lot of money for this, so of course I would want something new and well built not refurbished due to weather damage.

That's the logic.

Not trying to prove you wrong bud, just my two cents on the matter.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
they should just do like Nissan and get hail cannons for their parking lots. they're cheaper than buying acre wide nets, but not as cheap as open sky

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
We’re all here because we like Mustangs and we like to talk about them. Some of us are optimists some pessimists. That’s what makes it interesting.

The part I don’t like is when I talked to Ford customer service back in early June I was given an ETA. When that day came and went I called and got another, then another. It’s a rinse and repeat. Better customer service would be “We are experiencing X or Y issues and we don’t have an ETA” That’s would have been a completely reasonable response in my opinion. Because I was told my car was complete and was given an ETA, I now have an expectation of delivery.

Some of you feel differently and that’s cool too. We can just agree to disagree about it. Eventually we will all get our cars or move on to something else.

Thereallotddenning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
It was meant to be a half hearted joke on my part. But also what’s not a joke my car is sitting in a lot in Dearborn and like all the other cars there has presumably passed QC so the longer they sit the more they open the door to QC issues related to elemental damage. But I’m not Ford and we are all on this roller coaster together so no sense in trying to understand them just time to sit tight and wait.

MickB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT
well I hope they get delivered soon and I have a 2010 mustang GT premium to trade in

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Not to make light of the recent hail storms and anyone waiting, but any number of things can happen to a vehicle once built and en-route. Until the car is signed for at the dealer, it is the property of Ford. I do understand Members placed orders and put down deposits. I'd done same with mine.

When there are problems after being built, Ford repairs back to spec and returns the car to shippers to continue. The dealer and the buyer will never know anything, other than there was a longer-than-expected delivery time. It's my understanding all manufacturers do same. The car hasn't been sold or even titled. It will present and be listed as new.

Hail cannons. I had to look that up. Cool. :thumbsup: Everyone installed tent-like units in their parking lots here. Things have changed the last year or two alone. Maybe Ford will install device/s (cannons, nets or tents) in the future.

I can appreciate the anxiety of waiting and not knowing. For the few instances I've read of people receiving cars with issues, they occurred in transit, not while sitting at the plant. I'm not sure if that helps or not. :crazy: I doubt Ford will release anything that isn't right. If it was my order, I'd like them to keep it until everything is correct.

Regarding the feeling of frustration while waiting, for me, it was the fulfillment of a long-term goal, years in the making. Job changes, moves, saving, working for people you'd rather not work for. The reward was the car I ordered and received. That I had to wait six months for its arrival, it was something of a rounding error, a shoulder shrug. Enjoy the wait. :sunglasses:You're accomplishing something most people will only ever dream of doing.

They're coming. Have faith :please: they're coming and it will be everything you expected (all of it good).

Last edited:

Cindy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP DIB
What would happen if all of our cars were hail damaged? Would our dealer still expect us to buy it? I had to put $1000 down and got a pretty decent deal overall but I don't want a repaired car even if they would discount it honestly.
You would never know they were hail damaged. I just had a car repaired from damage, you can't even tell. No holes drilled, either. My current Mustang apparently had shipping damage that was fixed. Found out years later when body shop took it apart to fix something. They said they fix cars all the time from shipping damage.
Picture attached from marble sized hail. Can't see anything on car now.

S650 Mustang First 2024 Mustang orders being shipped to dealers now! rt quarter panel2

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
You would never know they were hail damaged. I just had a car repaired from damage, you can't even tell. No holes drilled, either. My current Mustang apparently had shipping damage that was fixed. Found out years later when body shop took it apart to fix something. They said they fix cars all the time from shipping damage.
Picture attached from marble sized hail. Can't see anything on car now.

rt quarter panel2.jpg
Same thing happened to me when my dealership in MA had to trade cars with a dealer in MD to get a car for me. Hailstorm in NY set back delivery 3 days, but the work was flawless and I couldn't tell where any damage occurred. Hail damage is a setback, not a deal-breaker, for me anyway. Shit happens.

I want my car yesterday and I sold off my 2012 Mustang too soon, but they can keep my car and get it right rather than waste my time with recalls. We should all be happy soon enough.
Sponsored