• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Gonna be hard to go from 900whp to 400 not gonna lie

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Compares well to the Stingray at about 440hp and 410 ft-lbs to the wheels.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
My gen 1 MT82 car with long tubes, airaid race intake and E85 only made 420 wheel..

through a stock auto on pump 93 is VERY impressive.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Can someone do a graph to compare the gen 3 stock vs gen 4 stock. If they have the time that is. Ik this gen 4 is making what the mach 1 made it looks like.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Very interesting, 408 whp is a very legit Numbers indeed, the sound is really impressive, especially considering that it is a basic exhaust... the difference must be coming out of the 4 th gen coyote.
Not gonna lie I'm pretty disappointed with that sound. Moves exhaust up my list of priorities.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
That equates to about 494 hp at the crank and 438 tq at the crank if my math is right. Not sure it is though. Which makes no sense because the manual accelerates to 60 in 4.3, the same as a 2015 according to one of the journal sites, other than weight gain. From 2015 to 2024, the mustang gt pp gained about 200lbs give or take

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
That equates to about 494 hp at the crank and 438 tq at the crank if my math is right. Not sure it is though. Which makes no sense because the manual accelerates to 60 in 4.3, the same as a 2015 according to one of the journal sites, other than weight gain. From 2015 to 2024, the mustang gt pp gained about 200lbs give or take
Today's drivetrain losses are a total mystery. Best guess is 15%, could be higher or lower, but that puts it at 480bhp which is exactly what Ford quotes.

That doesn't factor in dyno variance, but I wouldn't expect the car to be over or underrated.

To the people talking break in, I doubt this thing sees anything beyond negligible gains after miles get put on. Break in's more about the rest of the drivetrain rather than the engine.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
The real tell is the trap speed in the 1/4. We know the 6M cars have junk ratios (and not an aggressive enough rear gear, IMHO) and it trapped what...almost 115 in the recent MT test? Strapping a 10A to that is going to add a hell of a lot more MPH.

If these cars can consistently trap around 120MPH(ish), it's a clear sign they are making their advertised power. I can't wait to see times down the 1/4 from some owners, too. Keep in mind, we're getting into some cool fall air, so we should see some very good times.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
That car has more in it. Like those guys were saying, if the speed limiter could be removed and pulls were made in 6th or 7th gear, it would make higher numbers. I always use 6th when running 10R80 cars on my dyno.
Also octane is everything. I can't say for sure because I have not seen a Gen 4 calibration, but older gens have the ability to add as much as 10 degrees timing advance if the knock sensors don't pick up on knock. So if these models are same, true 93 octane or even a little more can make a huge difference in power.
Lastly they could open up the air boxes and see if that adds anything since the Gen 4s run speed density vs mass air.
I plan to see what mine is capable of once it comes in.
Here in Germany the lowest is 95 Octane. You can even get 98 and also 102 Octane which is better for the car in terms of performance, more reach, cleaner engine etc.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here in Germany the lowest is 95 Octane. You can even get 98 and also 102 Octane which is better for the car in terms of performance, more reach, cleaner engine etc.
Is that Octane or RON? Two different measurements.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
Is that Octane or RON? Two different measurements.

#MON-Motor Octane Number
#PON - Pump Octane Number
#RON - Research Octane Number

In the US you have MON(at the pumps you measure in PON) and in Europe it is measured in RON.

PON sits somewhere in between MON and RON.

98 fuel in Europe is 93 PON and 95 RON is 87 MON(91 PON)

So Premium is 95 RON and Super is 98(97-ish) RON

***Edit: Disclaimer I might have mixed it up :D

Last edited:

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#MON-Motor Octane Number
#PON - Pump Octane Number
#RON - Research Octane Number

In the US you have MON(at the pumps you measure in PON) and in Europe it is measured in RON.

PON sits somewhere in between MON and RON.

98 fuel in Europe is 93 PON and 95 RON is 87 MON(91 PON)

So Premium is 95 RON and Super is 98(97-ish) RON

***Edit: Disclaimer I might have mixed it up :D
Thanks for that explanation. In my State it's mostly 93 but a few stations have 94.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS, 22 2ss1le
The real tell is the trap speed in the 1/4. We know the 6M cars have junk ratios (and not an aggressive enough rear gear, IMHO) and it trapped what...almost 115 in the recent MT test? Strapping a 10A to that is going to add a hell of a lot more MPH.

If these cars can consistently trap around 120MPH(ish), it's a clear sign they are making their advertised power. I can't wait to see times down the 1/4 from some owners, too. Keep in mind, we're getting into some cool fall air, so we should see some very good times.
That is if the car weight was the same as last gen. It seems the new gen gained 130 lbs across the board. MT scaled their car at 3933 lbs with manual. The engine is also lower in torque which does not help in off the line acceleration. It would be nice to see a gen3 vs gen4 same tire, same day, same fuel, 10 speed auto drag race comparison!

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The power curve, especially up top, is quite impressive. Then Gen 3 falls off pretty fast after 6800rpm, while the Gen 4 power is flat to 7500rpm. You need a GT350 or CJ manifold to carry power like that on older generations, so the new dual intake manifold must be very similar to those in design.
Sponsored