• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

VaporGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Very interesting, 408 whp is a very legit Numbers indeed, the sound is really impressive, especially considering that it is a basic exhaust... the difference must be coming out of the 4 th gen coyote.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Assuming a 15% DT loss, that is spot on with rated non active exhaust numbers of 480hp.

I'd say the car is very green and will pick up once it's gotten some real miles on it too.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
This is a great sign for these cars if the basic convertible gt makes thus and it's not even fully broken in yet. So the preformance versions should make good numbers. I'd say the DH might make 420-425 to the wheels. And the preformance pack might get to 415 as this dude said. Especially after a 1k miles.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I used a basic whp to crank hp calculator, and it went to a round 480hp. Considering it is not broken in, I wonder what it will be pushing? 490? I also cannot wait for the DH to be put on the dyno

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
That car has more in it. Like those guys were saying, if the speed limiter could be removed and pulls were made in 6th or 7th gear, it would make higher numbers. I always use 6th when running 10R80 cars on my dyno.
Also octane is everything. I can't say for sure because I have not seen a Gen 4 calibration, but older gens have the ability to add as much as 10 degrees timing advance if the knock sensors don't pick up on knock. So if these models are same, true 93 octane or even a little more can make a huge difference in power.
Lastly they could open up the air boxes and see if that adds anything since the Gen 4s run speed density vs mass air.
I plan to see what mine is capable of once it comes in.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
That car has more in it. Like those guys were saying, if the speed limiter could be removed and pulls were made in 6th or 7th gear, it would make higher numbers. I always use 6th when running 10R80 cars on my dyno.
Also octane is everything. I can't say for sure because I have not seen a Gen 4 calibration, but older gens have the ability to add as much as 10 degrees timing advance if the knock sensors don't pick up on knock. So if these models are same, true 93 octane or even a little more can make a huge difference in power.
Lastly they could open up the air boxes and see if that adds anything since the Gen 4s run speed density vs mass air.
I plan to see what mine is capable of once it comes in.
Do you think that ford used the same plastic restriction piece for the intakes on these for EPA as well? If so then like you said there could be more power there.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I really hope ford performance drops a power pack

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
This is the first i had seen. 408 to the wheels, not active exhaust and not broken in, seems legit to me.

It’s going to be hard without a comparison to an gen 3 coyote same day so we don’t know how good those numbers are. This dyno could read low or high who knows but let’s say 420whp she’s happily broken in and have good gas in it. That’s what most mach 1s and bullitts made

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
Do you think that ford used the same plastic restriction piece for the intakes on these for EPA as well? If so then like you said there could be more power there.
Quite possible. In short time, we will know what we can and cannot do without tuning the car. Ford had to lock down the PCMs on these cars to keep big brother happy...but Ford is not completely stupid and knows the aftermarket stuff helps drive the sales of their Mustangs. SO I imagine they have left some stuff for grabs on the table that the aftermarket can work with without having to tune the cars. I think we will be able to do intake mods and exhaust mods to free up some power with the stock calibration in place. I for one, plan to find out.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Quite possible. In short time, we will know what we can and cannot do without tuning the car. Ford had to lock down the PCMs on these cars to keep big brother happy...but Ford is not completely stupid and knows the aftermarket stuff helps drive the sales of their Mustangs. SO I imagine they have left some stuff for grabs on the table that the aftermarket can work with without having to tune the cars. I think we will be able to do intake mods and exhaust mods to free up some power with the stock calibration in place. I for one, plan to find out.

This is the one thing ford has anyways been good about more so than Chevy and dodge. Is aftermarket support and parts. Chevy basically went lol not our problem and if it wasn’t for the corvette being mid engine, sales wouldn’t be anywhere near as strong because you got a lot people that love to mod and having full encrypted ECU’s, it’s kinda of a middle finger to the aftermarket. We don’t really know this is going to go down with ford as far as tuning but I’m sure something is coming from FRPP, roush or both. We shall see but currently i wanna see more dyno data and especially curve data, because this gen 4 coyote is very rev happy with this early dyno

HotboyyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 accord
Did any of you notice the exhaust tips are single on each side and not dual tips?
Yea you have to have the active valve exhaust to get quad tips now on the GT.

tmc1995

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Thanks for the clarification...will be careful when ordering my Borla S type....
Sponsored