• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Family Squabble

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
In lots of videos… the S550/S650 comment sections get salty

there are ALOT of LUND tuning fanboys, and because the S650 can’t be TuNeD bY LunD it’s a non starter dud.

amazing to watch.
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
In all honesty- if I didnt have my 350R - I would probably buy a Dark Horse - grabber blue -
@roket in my opinion has done the best build I have seen on a Dark Horse so far...

As much as I love Blue Ember- I love Grabber Blue more
aw, thanks! honestly, Grabber Blue was my 3rd choice. i originally ordered it in Blue Ember, then switched to Dark Matter Grey, then to Grabber Blue. Splash Yellow would have been my first and only choice if i could've gotten it on a Dark Horse

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
I've had to many cars to count and been in several communities, and the Mustang community seems to be exclusive to keeping it in the family.

Same stuff happened with the Fox vs SN95 guys, the 4v vs 2v guys, and the S197 S550 guys.

OP
OP
Modn

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
I’ve got nothing but love for my 24 from S550 owners and older versions in person. Maybe it’s internet people having nothing better to do.
It may be just that.

OP
OP
Modn

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
In lots of videos… the S550/S650 comment sections get salty

there are ALOT of LUND tuning fanboys, and because the S650 can’t be TuNeD bY LunD it’s a non starter dud.

amazing to watch.
Yeah, that may just be where I'm getting that vibe. Gets nasty pretty quick.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
you expected different?
Yes and no. To me, the Dark Horse is great and all (especially with the 6-speed TREMEC), but aside from that, how many people track their Mustangs versus just daily drive it? Also, I would love to see a Dark Horse 6M (non-handling package) vs a GT Performance Pack 6M on a track to see the similarities and differences as far as handling and endurance. I know the Dark Horse will handle better and last longer, but by how much really?

Side note: I am aware that the Performance Pack for the GT is 6/4 piston brakes front/rear, staggered 19" wheels, additional engine oil cooler (I think), additional structural braces and tuning for suspension and nannies, 3.73 Axle, etc.

I honestly would have opted for a Dark Horse Premium with the non-handling package, but seeing as it's still considered track focus, and I don't plan on tracking it, it was more like I was paying $4000+ more for different front and rear facias and exhaust tips. Just my opinion.

raceheart77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many
Many can't upgrade to the S650....and yes, it is a significant upgrade.
Exterior and Interior alone makes the S550 look like a $25k car compared to the S650.
The hate will be there because they know they can't get one in the near future.
They will get murdered trying to trade in their S550. No one wants one unless it is a specialty GT500, GT350, Mach 1 etc..
When they say the new rear is ugly, I laugh my ass off. The sharp S650 back end is a rock star compared to the dumpy S550 rear.

Last edited:

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 23 Bronco Sp, 12 Boss, 66 V8 Coupe
for me as i said previously, if i had the money i would buy G7 just on the exterior looks alone, with that said i (personally) do not like the interior, esp the digital screens....i think they took away from the look and feel of the "old school" mustang vibe. all the newbies love their digital screens because they grew up looking at them. also Ford marketing is targeting the "younger" crowd so they put in what THEY want, not what the enthusiast wants. its business. you buy what you like.
also right now a new mustang is not practical for me...2 kids, on the go, the Edge and Bronco Sport serve their purpose, and we like the look and feel of them. if i was single and didnt care, sure i would have 1 of every generation (if i could afford it) and live my life.
we all nit-pick on the new stuff... i didnt like the G6 when it first came out, but then i saw it in person at Charlotte 40th anniv back in 2014 and went home and ordered one that week....
all in what YOU like.
also, family squabbles all the time but they eventually come back and love each other....
one big happy family!

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Many can't upgrade to the S650....and yes, it is a significant upgrade.
Exterior and Interior alone makes the S550 look like a $25k car compared to the S650.
The hate will be there because they know they can't get one in the near future.
They will get murdered trying to trade in their S550. No one wants one unless it is a specialty GT500, GT350, Mach 1 etc..
When they say the new rear is ugly, I laugh my ass off. The sharp S650 back end is a rock star compared to the dumpy S550 rear.

OK that wasnt very nice to say .....

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
I can remember when the 2015 was revealed & most everyone cried that it looked like a fusion! Been watching since then to see when they would do a redesign I'd really like. Hence the 24 DH purchase. JMO!

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
When the Mach 1 was introduced, I saw much of the same. Over time, a lot of the negativity went away. People tend to gravitate into their own camps. Being the 7G forums, you'd expect a lot of pro-S650, anti-S550 comments. At the 6G forum, it would be reversed.

Any time an opinion is involved, emotions can come out, either from the one offering or the one receiving.

Some can give an opinion, be as objective as possible and move on. Some can accept an opinion and do same. From our nature, we'd like to hear something positive, but this isn't always the case. I feel we fail in two areas.

First, some just can't shut up about something. You made your comment, objective or not. Thanks. Kindly move on and give the next person a chance. And some cannot accept something. It's like an offense anyone could ever think differently than they do and they cannot let it go.

Another area I've noticed in people in recent years is the amount of anger and hated some can generate about a topic. This, I do not understand. Opinions? Cool. Busting balls? OK; they can be funny, even endearing. But to come in and crap on something for no other reason than you hate it, I don't get it. The Internet plays a part. Some people post comments in forums I'd like to believe they'd never say to someone at a car show.

These topics (comparing Mustang generations or even models) also come with dick measuring. People have laid out sometimes a lot of money for their cars; they want to believe theirs' will always be the best at this or the fastest at that and cannot accept anything otherwise. Again with the emotions.

Will the S650 be "better" or "worse" than other generations? IMO, it's way to early. Some previous generations are enduring; they will always be popular. Others? Not so much. Accepted for sure, but peoples' preferences might weight more to one than another over time. It'll be several years before the dust settles on the S650.

In the mean time, you bought your vehicle for whatever reason. Go out and enjoy it without thinking of what anyone else feels about it. Part of the reason we've done all this is to have a great time. Fun. Unfortunately, that's lost on people sometimes.

Last edited:

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
The issue, if there is one seems pretty obvious to me. The actual 550/650 differences, small as they may be, have created a distinctly different culture around the two cars. This is just exactly as Ford intended and what they saw as necessary to insure the ongoing existence of the car. In this regard Ford has been wildly successful. There are many, many examples of what I’m talking about and they don’t need to be litigated ad nauseam again here but as one such item look at the digital screens. What has been more polarizing?

This complete culture shift is very obvious if one spends time on both forums and pays attention to the difference in the focus of the subjects and discussions. Without putting a value judgement on it clearly they are two different worlds. One could characterize it as old vs. young but that would be far too simplistic.

Bottom line is that we 550 guys are either going to have to adapt and learn to live with the 650 largely as built or somehow keep our existing cars propped up forever. It’s gonna be interesting!

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I'm certainly rooting for the mustang success and want the 7th gen to be a smash hit but it comes down to reliability and price.

Ever since the pandemic Ford's quality is 💩. Leader in the number of recalls. "Quality is job one [none]." Good luck with those aging 2021+ models where Ford basically had the bean counter accountants take over and make the cars. For reference, I keep my vehicles for a long time (10+ years). Most are ready to ditch their car after the lease ends/warranty ends so of course they will never experience the bad quality... it is only once the car ages out and the 2nd/3rd/4th owner gets to experience the poor quality from Ford. The 2015-2019 years have so far stood the test of time but so much was changed out for cost cutting measures during the pandemic that it makes me fearful for those aging 2021+ S550 and new S650 models. This coming from someone in the industry.

Now for price, it is just hard to stomach a $65k GT when only a few years ago the equivalent was around $45-50k. Yes, inflation has the factor there but when the S650 comes out and isn't really a new generation car but more of a nicely revised interior/exterior update of the S550, it begs the question where that $15-20k difference is coming from. I certainly would expect a price increase on the next gen car but by that much? IDK. Part of me thinks that the price increase came from the fact that Camaro and Challenger are gone... so those buyers from those brands will look at the $65k mustang and not realize that is was much more affordable in the past simply because there was competition for buyers.

We can debate all we want about S550 and S650 but the reality is most mustang fans are just glad to still have it around. I personally think the S650 will do well as it captures new buyers either from new tech it has or through reduced competition for those that still want a muscle car. I will hold out for a possible S650 Shelby but I'm not going to hold my breath on that.