• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
his employer IS skeer'd of the company yanking their advertising budget though.
I genuinely don’t think so lol but agree to disagree
Sponsored

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
Folks are completely missing the point. Ezra is claiming that the "Mustang" badge can be slapped on anything and it makes it a Mustang. Further if some don't feel that way, they are a narcissist. That is an absolutely piss-poor excuse for anything journalistic. It's a cop-out. It's an attempt to sweep under the rug and silence. And don't think for a second that Ezra doesn't know who signs his check...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Mustang going full EV. It's the way the world is moving like it or not, but to take away the heritage of the Mustang by slapping the Mustang badge on an SUV, or Family car, etc is abhorrent.

Keep the Mustang a 2+2 performance car regardless of what is powering it.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
So I guess Subaru fans aren't allowed to get salty when the Forester gets rebadged as a BEV and they slap the WRX/STi label on it?

Or the Camaro gets 2 more doors (ala Caddy Blackwing) and joins the Corvette family of cars?

I'm perfectly happy that the Mach-E exists and is selling. But it's not a Mustang in name or vibe or concept. It could have been TRIVIALLY named Taurus and not offended anybody.
And I'm no died in the wool Mustang devotee.
I see the Mach-e like I see the film Halloween 3:Season of the Witch (which is arguably the best film in the franchise). It only exists in the form it does because the name gave the project new life/the green light, but the name also held it back. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if a mustang sub-brand becomes the home for a bunch of ford performance products that would never have gotten the greenlight without being called mustang, then I'm all for it. I see the Mach-e as the next generation hot hatch we were never going to get with the focus or fiesta. Because it basically is a hot hatch, not a crossover in terms of size. If Ford can't justify doing a falcon super sedan, then by all means, offer a mustang sedan. It's better than no performance sedan. That's how I see it. As long as the original mustang sticks around, then I'll be happy.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
I see the Mach-e like I see the film Halloween 3:Season of the Witch (which is arguably the best film in the franchise). It only exists in the form it does because the name gave the project new life/the green light, but the name also held it back. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if a mustang sub-brand becomes the home for a bunch of ford performance products that would never have gotten the greenlight without being called mustang, then I'm all for it. I see the Mach-e as the next generation hot hatch we were never going to get with the focus or fiesta. Because it basically is a hot hatch, not a crossover in terms of size. If Ford can't justify doing a falcon super sedan, then by all means, offer a mustang sedan. It's better than no performance sedan. That's how I see it. As long as the original mustang sticks around, then I'll be happy.
Disagree. If Ford can't stand behind a new nameplate for a newly developed vehicle, then don't build the damn thing. Using the Mustang as a brand is going to bite them in the ass. The Mach-E was given the Mustang badge to sell it, nothing more. Turns out, the Mach-E would have sold well if the damn thing was called a Gremlin. It's a fine vehicle that could sell on it's own without sullying the Mustang name.

I'm actually one of the few that can't wait to see a true Mustang EV. Having EV's that are not performance cars out on the road right now that can outperform a Mustang is tough to swallow. Putting the Mustang right next to them (for a lower cost) is exactly where the Mustang needs to go.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Disagree. If Ford can't stand behind a new nameplate for a newly developed vehicle, then don't build the damn thing. Using the Mustang as a brand is going to bite them in the ass. The Mach-E was given the Mustang badge to sell it, nothing more. Turns out, the Mach-E would have sold well if the damn thing was called a Gremlin. It's a fine vehicle that could sell on it's own without sullying the Mustang name.
According to what data?

As far as I'm concerned, the nameplate was a genius marketing move for Ford's business.

By saying "it's going to bite them in the ass," are you saying that they're suffering from success?

Ford:
S650 Mustang Ezra Dyer: Mustang Is a Vibe.... It's an Attitude, Not a Format. money-cryin

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive

I'm actually one of the few that can't wait to see a true Mustang EV. Having EV's that are not performance cars out on the road right now that can outperform a Mustang is tough to swallow. Putting the Mustang right next to them (for a lower cost) is exactly where the Mustang needs to go.
Good luck waiting for that...
You can have two of them, performance, cheap or EV. You can't have all three of them. A performance EV that outperforms a Kia Ev6 GT or a tesla performance car will cost at least that much or much more.

A true muscle EV (yes, that can be a thing) will be a $100k+ car for the forseable future...

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
According to what data?

As far as I'm concerned, the nameplate was a genius marketing move for Ford's business.

By saying "it's going to bite them in the ass," are you saying that they're suffering from success?
Mach's were not sold because they were Mustangs. They were sold because they were EV's. For could have attached any name to it and it would have sold.

Nothing genius about Fords marketing. They have now pigeon holed themselves. They have severely limited themselves on the Ford brand. If that was their intention to have every future EV vehicle have a relation to the Mustang, then bravo. Adding a new nameplate to any future car is going to be a disaster. Just my opinion...

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
Good luck waiting for that...
You can have two of them, performance, cheap or EV. You can't have all three of them. A performance EV that outperforms a Kia Ev6 GT or a tesla performance car will cost at least that much or much more.

A true muscle EV (yes, that can be a thing) will be a $100k+ car for the forseable future...
Incorrect. A current 62k Model 3 performance Tesla can embarrass a GT. Maybe not on a road course, but not everyone road tracks their Mustangs. There is no need for a "performance" Mustang to be more than a Tesla.

Ford is learning real quick that folks are not getting what they paid for with the Lightning.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Mach's were not sold because they were Mustangs. They were sold because they were EV's. For could have attached any name to it and it would have sold.

Nothing genius about Fords marketing. They have now pigeon holed themselves. They have severely limited themselves on the Ford brand. If that was their intention to have every future EV vehicle have a relation to the Mustang, then bravo. Adding a new nameplate to any future car is going to be a disaster. Just my opinion...
This is nothing but wishful thinking.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Anyone can get as cranky as they like, about anything they choose. Forget it, Jake, it's the Internet.
Ahhh ... That's the beauty of the internet ... you can find someone to scratch whatever itch you have wherever you have it and no matter how gross it is 🤣

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
dork journalist said:
There are four-cylinder automatic Fox bodies rolling around out there that have a hard time holding 65 mph uphill. They wear Mustang badges. So come on—it's not exactly like a 480-hp four-door is desecrating a name that's known nothing but greatness.
That is probably the dumbest of all dumb statements in that entire dumb article. Stating that because Mach-E has serious power it is a Mustang. By that logic every Cayenne, X5, Urus and Purosangue is a Mustang too. Except that they all have their own names and are not called 911-X, M4-door, Huracan-4XL or 296GTX.

Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

this. Everything about this, from doing a good enough job on a nameplate to let it excel on its own to the performance of an ICE Mustang being exceeded by grocery getter EVs. An EV Mustang will be interesting and even exciting with the instant power, lighter Weight than the SUVs, and more power. Would be be awesome if they could solve the sound issue with a throttle synced mini v8 generator too, but we’ll see.

Mustang survives and maybe improves by simply going EV. IT DOESNT NEED TO BE MELTED DOWN, diluted SND SLOPPED ALL OVER a bunch of trucks, SUVs, and who knows what else to continue.

if anything, going EV will make the mustang more focused and capable as a sports car. It needs a reason to exist in a world of capable chunky EV soccer mom vehicles, so performance and sleekness will be key.

it’s a sad time with ICE looking to be in its twilight, but if this is how it goes down, there is a far better way to not just save the mustang, but build a better car. Burning it to ash and sprinkling it’s fairy dust on trucks and SUVs and station wagons isn’t it.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
S650 Mustang Ezra Dyer: Mustang Is a Vibe.... It's an Attitude, Not a Format. 1665173076240

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
Then go read another thread. This is now the second post of yours that brings absolutely nothing to the conversation...
I think just about all of your posts have brought negativity, useless opinions, and false information to the conversation. Ford did more than just slap the Mustang name on the Mach-E to help it sell. They used major key design features of the Mustang to make a very good looking vehicle which helps it sell and be as popular as it is. It looks far better than any Tesla, Kia, Chevy and other non luxury brand (Porsche, Audi) EV’s in the market because of the Mustang styling. If they used these design features as they have and called it something else all you “enthusiasts” and “purists” would complain about the fact that it’s diluting the image of a Mustang and then how the next gen Mustang “looks like a two door Galaxy”. It was a brilliant idea for them to expand upon the amazing heritage of their flagship vehicle.
Sponsored