• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Regarding the remote start/remote rev, do we know if it's a feature that has been disabled or "hidden" and that can be brought back to life, or remove altogether ?
I have no idea how that system works ,sorry if the question sounds dumb😅
As far as I know it works with US servers and access from Europe cannot activate remote start/rev.
A S550 EU Mustang cannot be started remotely so I doubt the S650 can.

At least in Germany the feature is not permitted by law so I doubt we'll get the feature. Maybe in the UK or Australia...

Edit: my G20 BMW has remote start via BMW app but the feature cannot be used in Germany...
Sponsored

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Edit: my G20 BMW has remote start via BMW app but the feature cannot be used in Germany...
Just curious, can you use a VPN to start it via the app?

mobiax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT MY20
As far as I know it works with US servers and access from Europe cannot activate remote start/rev.

At least in Germany the feature is not permitted by law so I doubt we'll get the feature. Maybe in the UK or Australia...

I can start my MY20 over the app in Germany. But only possible for MY20 and newer because older S550 don‘t have the modem

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I can start my MY20 over the app in Germany. But only possible for MY20 and newer because older S550 don‘t have the modem
Remote start via the app is Auto only as well. Was introduced part way through MY19 for the S550 in the UK

VLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
There is no remote start or rev on the remote key for EU models. Maybe remote start might work through Ford Pass App
But if the "system" is still there, it could be possible to reprogram the eu key to remote start and even rev it by using the existing buttons but with different commmands (for example unlock-lock 3 times to start)...right?🤔

mobiax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT MY20
But if the "system" is still there, it could be possible to reprogram the eu key to remote start and even rev it by using the existing buttons but with different commmands (for example unlock-lock 3 times to start)...right?🤔
I think this is the same as with the S550. For remote start you need a different key with an additional button for remote start. But then it's possible to program it.

Programming remote rev might be possible with the standard key because you only need the lock and unlock button for this.

But only time will tell when the first programmers can take a close look at an EU Mustang

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: VLG
OP
OP
Evo1986

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I actually like the blue ember, because I used to have Kona Blue on my S550 which was in my opinion the most beautiful color of the Stang. However the more I see the DH in white, it also grows on me, so it will be a tough decision to make.

mobiax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT MY20
I actually like the blue ember, because I used to have Kona Blue on my S550 which was in my opinion the most beautiful color of the Stang. However the more I see the DH in white, it also grows on me, so it will be a tough decision to make.
Same problem here with Kona Blue. But will get it in black and later maybe wrapping it. Found already some wraps that are very close to Kona Blue 😉

But DH in white also cool…Stormtrooper vibes

OP
OP
Evo1986

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Same problem here with Kona Blue. But will get it in black and later maybe wrapping it. Found already some wraps that are very close to Kona Blue 😉

But DH in white also cool…Stormtrooper vibes
So you wouldn't opt for Ember Blue? I probably would not wrap it and just keep it as it is. I like the oxford white a lot, but since you cannot have it with the black roof, it looks too "clean". And after market would be too expensive (I guess I need to see both DH in different colors to make my final decision). Diffusor in glossy black would suit the car hands down.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I don't know if you have to modify the ECU for that. That could be a problem since the ECU of the S650 is encrytped and I think it hasn't been unlocked by a tuner yet

Reactions: VLG

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP

If you say servers, than it means the keyfob has some internet connection to a server near the location.

It also means that if you ship a US Mustang to Europe, that the remote rev would not work anymore because of the servers.

And that also means that if you ship a EU Mustang to the US that the remote rev will work.

I don't think this is how it's done. It's just programmed in the software/hardware that US models have it and EU don't. That's way easier that having servers around the world that communicte constantly with the car.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
If you say servers, than it means the keyfob has some internet connection to a server near the location.

It also means that if you ship a US Mustang to Europe, that the remote rev would not work anymore because of the servers.

And that also means that if you ship a EU Mustang to the US that the remote rev will work.

I don't think this is how it's done. It's just programmed in the software/hardware that US models have it and EU don't. That's way easier that having servers around the world that communicte constantly with the car.
the car has built in 4g/5g connectivity not the fob a such.
So the car is connected to ford for e.g OTA and other type of big brother actitivies :D

mobiax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT MY20
So you wouldn't opt for Ember Blue? I probably would not wrap it and just keep it as it is. I like the oxford white a lot, but since you cannot have it with the black roof, it looks too "clean". And after market would be too expensive (I guess I need to see both DH in different colors to make my final decision). Diffusor in glossy black would suit the car hands down.
The deal with my wife was that the next car would be black. For now it will probably stay black which is why I'm disappointed that the black headlights aren't available for the GT in EU. But the plan is to wrap it later maybe even a bit more crazy.
Sponsored