• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

End of Production for Camaro in January 2024

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
RIP, Camaro. Just another feather in the cap for Ford. They racked up the EV credits to allow continuation of the true V-8 muscle car. Let's hope we continue to have gas powered American muscle for generations to come, not just with the S650.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
RIP, Camaro. Just another feather in the cap for Ford. They racked up the EV credits to allow continuation of the true V-8 muscle car. Let's hope we continue to have gas powered American muscle for generations to come, not just with the S650.
True, but also the S650 is a Fully Networked Vehicle. It serves the same purpose as an EV, and that's control by the powers that be. Buyers of the S650s will never fully own their Mustangs, Ford and Co. will. Ford even pantented a way to reposses a vehicle remotely. Wild.

Anyway, I might try to snag a 2SS 1LE before it's all said and done. The lack of visibility is a PITA.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
@f00man please cite your sources. This is the 1st I’ve heard of this. Link me something to explain why I won’t own my car and that it will be controlled “by the powers that be”

A patent filing is a far cry from real world.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
@f00man please cite your sources. This is the 1st I’ve heard of this. Link me something to explain why I won’t own my car and that it will be controlled “by the powers that be”

A patent filing is a far cry from real world.
He doesn't have any, he's just a regular s650 hater. He and shogun should be at the top of your list of people you should refuse to directly communicate with moving forward. They aren't worth it.

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
He doesn't have any, he's just a regular s650 hater. He and shogun should be at the top of your list of people you should refuse to directly communicate with moving forward. They aren't worth it.
Yikes! They are referring to the story that if you don't make your payment, the car will drive itself back to the dealership. Make your payment and boom, it's yours.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Yikes! They are referring to the story that if you don't make your payment, the car will drive itself back to the dealership. Make your payment and boom, it's yours.
This is a non-issue. Not only are they not planning on using this technology, even if they did, it won't be available on the S650, because of the lack of sensors to do so. No reason to be concerned.

The Detroit automaker has also said there are no plans to deploy self-repossession technology. Ford spokesperson Wes Sherwood stated to MLive, “We do not have any plans to deploy this.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Which isn't a big deal, and Ford has straight up said they won't implement this as a result of the backlash they got.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
When we initially broke this story at the end of 2016, thePill was specifically told that ALL of the Camaro6 community would come over to M6G/M7G and personally apologize for not taking the report seriously.

You would think this would have garnered more attention than it did but oh well… still wasn’t worth being correct and watching the Camaro die a slow and painful death since 2016…

S650 Mustang End of Production for Camaro in January 2024 IMG_3208

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I would love to see my car drive its self back to the dealer with a manual transmission. It might use GPS to report its location and it could refuse to move but I think driving is beyond its capability. In addition, I don't intend to activate the cellular ability in the car. If it needs updates it will have to get them from WiFI.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I would love to see my car drive its self back to the dealer with a manual transmission. It might use GPS to report its location and it could refuse to move but I think driving is beyond its capability. In addition, I don't intend to activate the cellular ability in the car. If it needs updates it will have to get them from WiFI.
It doesn’t need to, that’s the point, the take rate is so low for manuals, that if autos can do it, the repo men will be free to grab manual cars in no time.

It’s a win win win.
And are you planning on not making car payments?
It’s a weird thought to even worry about lol.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
It doesn’t need to, that’s the point, the take rate is so low for manuals, that if autos can do it, the repo men will be free to grab manual cars in no time.

It’s a win win win.
And are you planning on not making car payments?
It’s a weird thought to even worry about lol.
Nope, mine will be free and clear before I drive it off the lot. I have been saving for this day for several years and I don't want to bother the credit companies. The best day in my life was the day I made the final payment on the house.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Nope, mine will be free and clear before I drive it off the lot. I have been saving for this day for several years and I don't want to bother the credit companies. The best day in my life was the day I made the final payment on the house.
Around these parts they have us fill out extra paperwork if we wanna do it in cash. Weird how they make faces when it’s my money… you want what?

although, congrats.
Sponsored