• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Do all GT's have this sound?

OP
OP
JAM486HP

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I just got scheduled today but you guys are making me nervous talking about all these 'normal' Mustang noises, lol. Good think I got the active exhaust and upgraded radio:)
Congrats on schedule!... Don't count on the radio to drown out anything, it does its job that's about it. You'll love the AE
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Congrats on schedule!... Don't count on the radio to drown out anything, it does its job that's about it. You'll love the AE
Not to hijack the thread, but I love the sound system. There are certain songs that sound better than others. If you can get the sub thumping along it has great depth. Just depends on what I'm listening to. My favorite song is that howling Coyote under the hood!

I agree about the AVE! Track exhaust is my favorite button setting. Louder the better!

OP
OP
JAM486HP

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Not to hijack the thread, but I love the sound system. There are certain songs that sound better than others. If you can get the sub thumping along it has great depth. Just depends on what I'm listening to. My favorite song is that howling Coyote under the hood!

I agree about the AVE! Track exhaust is my favorite button setting. Louder the better!
Yes, nothing wrong with the system, clear and pretty well balanced, you can crank it without breakup or distortion. If they would give you more than a 3 band eq, could make it sound even better. To me the sub, even though only a 10" should have a little more low end. Good enough for me though, no need to change it. Little pricey though the 401A is totally worth it, IMO

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
I just got scheduled today but you guys are making me nervous talking about all these 'normal' Mustang noises, lol. Good think I got the active exhaust and upgraded radio:)
Yea, the active exhaust and B&O will definitely drown out any foreign noises.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
As long as it's not like the cam phaser rattle in the 2nd gen 3.5 Ecoboost, which Ford says "it's fine", but will still offer to replace them with upgraded cam phasers if under warranty or let you pay out of pocket 🙄 It made the truck sound like a diesel under a cold start.

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Take a stethoscope and figure out where it's coming from.... from the video it sounds like one of the pulleys bearings may be making this noise.

OP
OP
JAM486HP

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Take a stethoscope and figure out where it's coming from.... from the video it sounds like one of the pulleys bearings may be making this noise.
That was the first thing I thought, though the sound is not that far down. I don't have a scope though I have a high sensitive field mic, maybe I can try that

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was the first thing I thought, though the sound is not that far down. I don't have a scope though I have a high sensitive field mic, maybe I can try that
I've got this exact same sound and it is not coming from the pulleys. It sounds like it's coming from either the PCV valve or under the valve cover, but it isn't consistent enough to be a valve issue that I can tell. I had an old Mazda 323 (Japanese spec) when I was stationed overseas that made a similar sound and it was the PCV valve slightly rattling under vacuum. Never was an issue and I pretty much ignored it. I presume that's what this is, but I'm interested in what, if any, fix there is. I'll put my stethoscope on it the next time I have her out.

OP
OP
JAM486HP

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I've got this exact same sound and it is not coming from the pulleys. It sounds like it's coming from either the PCV valve or under the valve cover, but it isn't consistent enough to be a valve issue that I can tell. I had an old Mazda 323 (Japanese spec) when I was stationed overseas that made a similar sound and it was the PCV valve slightly rattling under vacuum. Never was an issue and I pretty much ignored it. I presume that's what this is, but I'm interested in what, if any, fix there is. I'll put my stethoscope on it the next time I have her out.
Yes this is not far down as the pulley. If you can scope it that would be great. Like I said, as long as it does not cause and issue, the noise doesn't bother me. Just curious as to what it is. Maybe wrong venue, though I must thank you for your service.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Yea, the active exhaust and B&O will definitely drown out any foreign noises.
Sadly the active exhaust and B&O still isn’t loud enough to mask the sound of a fart can tuner ricemobile trying to race you.

OP
OP
JAM486HP

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Favor of my fellow 24 GT owners, can you post a video or sound clip of your engine hood up idling? Curios to hear how common this is. Be greatly appreciated, want to avoid dealer unless absolutely necessary.

Anyone else have this sound? Only have a few hundred miles on it, no codes or warnings, runs great. A clicking/buzzing sound in the upper front left side of the engine compartment. Like an electrical arcing, up close more like a tag, shielding or paper flapping against something moving. Getting dark though I do not see anything down near the belt or pulleys, anyway sound does not seem that far down.
Favor of my fellow 24 GT owners, can you post a video or sound clip of your engine hood up idling? Curios to hear how common this is. Be greatly appreciated, want to avoid dealer unless absolutely necessary.

OP
OP
JAM486HP

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
That is the sound. Couldn't find any 24 GT's, though found several videos of noisy PCV valve, mostly on older cars using non OEM replacements, something with the spring. Love to hear some of y'all engines at idle, want to avoid dealer service dept unless absolutely needed. I'll throw a new one in there if that shuts it up, or if it's very common just leave it

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is the sound. Couldn't find any 24 GT's, though found several videos of noisy PCV valve, mostly on older cars using non OEM replacements, something with the spring. Love to hear some of y'all engines at idle, want to avoid dealer service dept unless absolutely needed. I'll throw a new one in there if that shuts it up, or if it's very common just leave it
Sorry, man. Haven't had time to throw a scope on it or shoot a video, but I'll get you one. Might be an interesting experiment to install a new PCV valve and see what, if any, improvement it makes.
Sponsored