• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Do all GT's have this sound?

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So... for whatever reason, I decided to pop the hood after driving my car some. Yep. I have the same sound from the same area of the engine bay. However, if I close the hood, I can't hear it.

Per the typical car meme, if I can't hear the unusual noise, then just roll on as if everything is fine 😂
Sponsored

OP
OP
JAM486HP

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
So... for whatever reason, I decided to pop the hood after driving my car some. Yep. I have the same sound from the same area of the engine bay. However, if I close the hood, I can't hear it.

Per the typical car meme, if I can't hear the unusual noise, then just roll on as if everything is fine 😂
Oh yeah, inside all I can hear is the badass exhaust, maybe that's why Ford keeps the Cuyote loud, cover up all the noises. Gonna hear everything once they get rid of the ICE😝

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Oh yeah, inside all I can hear is the badass exhaust, maybe that's why Ford keeps the Cuyote loud, cover up all the noises. Gonna hear everything once they get rid of the ICE😝
Sorry, should have clarified. If I close the hood, I can't hear the noise 😂

But... to your case in point, yes. Gotta hear the engine. I know I'm physically getting older, but my mind doesn't seem to be keeping up with the pace and if anything, is going backwards towards when I was younger. I found myself rolling the windows down, putting the car in track mode, and revving it a few times just to hear the exhaust at slow speeds and in closed areas (where the sound can be reverb).

OP
OP
JAM486HP

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Sorry, should have clarified. If I close the hood, I can't hear the noise 😂

But... to your case in point, yes. Gotta hear the engine. I know I'm physically getting older, but my mind doesn't seem to be keeping up with the pace and if anything, is going backwards towards when I was younger. I found myself rolling the windows down, putting the car in track mode, and revving it a few times just to hear the exhaust at slow speeds and in closed areas (where the sound can be reverb).
Haha, know the feeling, I am averaging 10MPG. I had an 88GT when I was 16, can't believe I survived to tell... I swear that had a better throttle response than the 24 though, I have about a half second delay between when I hit the gas and response just revvin the engine. How does yours respond?

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yeah, I would say there is a slight delay (especially with everything going electronic instead of wire). The only vehicle I can remember that didn't was a first-generation Toyota Tacoma.

OP
OP
JAM486HP

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, I would say there is a slight delay (especially with everything going electronic instead of wire). The only vehicle I can remember that didn't was a first-generation Toyota Tacoma.
Yeah, just doesn't have the launch I expected, probable get a better launch out of the MT... well I'll save money on tires

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Nah, it's slightly there in the manual. I wonder if what you're feeling is similar to what I felt, in regards to the throttle response, in the 2017 Ford F-150 (traded in towards Mustang) that had the 10-speed auto. One of the reasons I got the Mustang. I missed driving a manual.

OP
OP
JAM486HP

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Nah, it's slightly there in the manual. I wonder if what you're feeling is similar to what I felt, in regards to the throttle response, in the 2017 Ford F-150 (traded in towards Mustang) that had the 10-speed auto. One of the reasons I got the Mustang. I missed driving a manual.
Could be, have a 2010 Charger R/T, Auto, total POS, though stomp on it and the tires burn. I'm still taking it a little easy, still under 1K miles, yet to experience a burnout, guess I expected with dual throttle body and 486HP I would have to fight not to.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
That is not the tick, THAT is the DI pump.

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
Mine has the bbq tick after its first oil change, now it feels like I have a real coyote lol. Ive also noticed the electrical noises after shutting of the car. None of those noises bother me the only thing that gets under my skin when Im crusing with no radio is that usually there’s a super annoying clicking or rattle sound coming from the back seats. It sounds like loose plastic rattling and it drives me nuts. I’ve tried looking and touching/pushing the panels to see if there’s something loose but I can’t find anything. It’s def the plastic build quality of the base mustangs but I’ll deal with it by just putting the radio on or letting it rip in sport/track to hear the exhaust only 😂.
I had the rattling as well, atleast for me it was rocks hiding behind the under body covers.

ToyPonyForTony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Grabber Blue GT on order, 21 Jeep Gladiator
Favor of my fellow 24 GT owners, can you post a video or sound clip of your engine hood up idling? Curios to hear how common this is. Be greatly appreciated, want to avoid dealer unless absolutely necessary.

Anyone else have this sound? Only have a few hundred miles on it, no codes or warnings, runs great. A clicking/buzzing sound in the upper front left side of the engine compartment. Like an electrical arcing, up close more like a tag, shielding or paper flapping against something moving. Getting dark though I do not see anything down near the belt or pulleys, anyway sound does not seem that far down.
I had the rattling as well, atleast for me it was rocks hiding behind the under body covers.
Hey all, do any of you hear random sounds about 5 minutes after you turn your car off? Mine is parked in the garage and sometimes while the car is off i hear an actuator or something going off under the hood. I figured this is a reset of some sort, but sometimes it goes off randomly and i am like wtf?!

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
That is not the tick, THAT is the DI pump.
The DI would have more of a click. What's in the OP's video does NOT sound like a tick, at least to me.

Direct injection tick:

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The DI would have more of a click. What's in the OP's video does NOT sound like a tick, at least to me.

Direct injection tick:
Not even a Mustang.... different vehicle, different pump.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Not even a Mustang.... different vehicle, different pump.
Not disagreeing to that, however, the direct injection on the F-150 sounded the same as it did on a 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt SS turbocharged engine that was direct injection only.

OP
OP
JAM486HP

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Hey all, do any of you hear random sounds about 5 minutes after you turn your car off? Mine is parked in the garage and sometimes while the car is off i hear an actuator or something going off under the hood. I figured this is a reset of some sort, but sometimes it goes off randomly and i am like wtf?!
Oh yeah, I imagine all the electronics shutting down
Sponsored