• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Do all GT's have this sound?

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Favor of my fellow 24 GT owners, can you post a video or sound clip of your engine hood up idling? Curios to hear how common this is. Be greatly appreciated, want to avoid dealer unless absolutely necessary.

Anyone else have this sound? Only have a few hundred miles on it, no codes or warnings, runs great. A clicking/buzzing sound in the upper front left side of the engine compartment. Like an electrical arcing, up close more like a tag, shielding or paper flapping against something moving. Getting dark though I do not see anything down near the belt or pulleys, anyway sound does not seem that far down.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Sounds like the injectors, they can be a bit noisy.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Coyote tick lol I think thats what it is.....

At this point you should be concerned if your Coyote isnt noisy as hell with sounds like that- I think the Coyote in my truck sounds worse lol - but the exhaust sound - all I care about is the sound coming out the other end....

(OK that sounds horrible lol)

OP
OP
JAM486HP

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Coyote tick lol I think thats what it is.....

At this point you should be concerned if your Coyote isnt noisy as hell with sounds like that- I think the Coyote in my truck sounds worse lol - but the exhaust sound - all I care about is the sound coming out the other end....

(OK that sounds horrible lol)
Seriously, Is that the legendary BBQ tick I've heard so much about?

I got to say, I friggn love this car. Maybe I've been away too long, last Mustang was '88GT and last new car was 14 years ago. This thing has a ton of "unique" sounds going on, brake pedal friction sound, a rattle while in reverse like something rolling around in the trunk, and when shutoff you can hear all the electrical components doing their things. Hopefully just the sounds of new technology, if not, that's what the warranty is for..

Though all is masked and forgotten when driving, a blast to drive and sounds like a beast especially in Sport and Track Mode.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I think I hear what your talking about and mine does the same thing. I have a catch can installed and it sounds to me like the PCV valve opening and closing. I may be wrong, but I thought the tick was in the lifters which mine does not do. Mine definitely is coming from the PCV valve on the passenger side where yours is, and your video is right over the PCV valve. This is my first Coyote so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Bruebaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT, 20 GT350, 70 Boss, 69 Mach 1, 67 Shelby
Mine doesnā€™t make that sound but it does make almost a drone sound from the rear of the car on a fairly regular basis.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i'm pretty sure i've heard my Dark Horse make those sounds too. it's probably nothing to worry about

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Seriously, Is that the legendary BBQ tick I've heard so much about?

I got to say, I friggn love this car. Maybe I've been away too long, last Mustang was '88GT and last new car was 14 years ago. This thing has a ton of "unique" sounds going on, brake pedal friction sound, a rattle while in reverse like something rolling around in the trunk, and when shutoff you can hear all the electrical components doing their things. Hopefully just the sounds of new technology, if not, that's what the warranty is for..

Though all is masked and forgotten when driving, a blast to drive and sounds like a beast especially in Sport and Track Mode.

Yes- all sounds normal-

The electrical sounds are definitely there on my 350 - sometimes hours or days after I drove it last.....

The Coyote engine is glorious - but they are definitely Mustangs and not BMWs/ Mercedes exc- so the refinement is not there in some aspects - but how else do they get such a bitchin ass motor in a car this cheap?

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
The Coyote engine is glorious - but they are definitely Mustangs and not BMWs/ Mercedes exc- so the refinement is not there in some aspects - but how else do they get such a bitchin ass motor in a car this cheap?
exactly this. $42k for a manual coupe with a 5.0L V8 that makes 480hp factory and can handle nearly 900hp stock. pretty sure few, if any, other manufacturers offer that. just comes at the cost of not being as refined as an AMG or M vehicle

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Sounds normal OP. These coyote engines have always been noisy with loud injectors and ticking sounds. You will drive yourself crazy trying to find a solution to quiet it down. Everything is fine, enjoy the car.

Desmodeous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, 2006 F150
Anyone else have this sound? Only have a few hundred miles on it, no codes or warnings, runs great. A clicking/buzzing sound in the upper front left side of the engine compartment. Like an electrical arcing, up close more like a tag, shielding or paper flapping against something moving. Getting dark though I do not see anything down near the belt or pulleys, anyway sound does not seem that far down.
Is the sound anywhere near the alternator? I had a buick that made that sound right before it went out.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Is the sound anywhere near the alternator? I had a buick that made that sound right before it went out.
the alternator on these engines is on the bottom on the left side. OP's video looks to be on the right side of the engine

kneeko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 S650 GT
Mine has the bbq tick after its first oil change, now it feels like I have a real coyote lol. Ive also noticed the electrical noises after shutting of the car. None of those noises bother me the only thing that gets under my skin when Im crusing with no radio is that usually thereā€™s a super annoying clicking or rattle sound coming from the back seats. It sounds like loose plastic rattling and it drives me nuts. Iā€™ve tried looking and touching/pushing the panels to see if thereā€™s something loose but I canā€™t find anything. Itā€™s def the plastic build quality of the base mustangs but Iā€™ll deal with it by just putting the radio on or letting it rip in sport/track to hear the exhaust only šŸ˜‚.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I just got scheduled today but you guys are making me nervous talking about all these 'normal' Mustang noises, lol. Good think I got the active exhaust and upgraded radio:)

OP
OP
JAM486HP

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Sounds normal OP. These coyote engines have always been noisy with loud injectors and ticking sounds. You will drive yourself crazy trying to find a solution to quiet it down. Everything is fine, enjoy the car.
Cool, like I said, just as long as it's normal. The noises don't bother me, when inside and rippin around all I hear is the killer exhaust
Sponsored