• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DH over GT worth it?

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I agree for sure! I definitely wont be using a DH badge but DH hood stripes looks fire and I will probably get a third party CF splitter and wings to give it a unique look. What are your thoughts on just the DH hood stripes? Would that still be upbadging
First of all it's your car, do with it as you please and don't hold back just because some random dude on the internet tells you something (me or anyone else) ;)

Second: just because you add some stripes or a splitter/wing doesn't make it a DH...
Adding stripes that literally say "Dark Horse" like they did on the GT350/500 or adding fake badges and aftermarket GT350 front and rear parts however does.

Edit.: with parts I mean front and rear bumper etc.
Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
in my opinion yes, the DH HP that is! If I lived in the US/CA it would have not been a question.

For the extra you get quite a lot and also some things which is not possible to get with the GT (software/mapping-related) e.g. for the Magneride.

Also I do prefer the look over the GT

Last edited:

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium (ordered)
If I were looking at apples to apples in terms of sales price/discount, I would definitely consider getting the DH. However, with reality I ordered a loaded GT Premium. The GT is at 2% under invoice and a DH is typically at full MSRP if not ADM. There is quite the swing when you factor that in, plus the additional sales tax. So in reality, no, the DH isn't "worth" it to me.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
First time mustang buyer here!

I fell in love with ford after purchasing two broncos for the family and I am looking for a mustang to add as my daily driver and put aside my 911 as a weekend/track car.

The lowest markup dealer for DH was 2.5k above msrp which makes the total cost $75,450

For GT premium with x plan and first responder discount, the total cost is $56,663

I do prefer how the DH looks so I am leaning towards spending extra 5k or so on cosmetic additions to make a GT look like DH (DH hood stripes, front splitter, wings, etc). Not sure if this is considered "upbadging" and frowned upon by the community.

Overall, if you dont plan on tracking the mustang, would GT be a no brainer decision?
Based off your situation, I'd say the GT PP is the ticket....by a long shot. Here's why:

You want no part of the trofeo Rs as your daily. You could be needing new tires in a matter of months depending on your commute. Tack on another $2K within 4 months of ownership.

Since you're not tracking the car, the additional performance bits the DH gets are irrelevant.

DH handling pack aero bits will likely be available in very short order. I'd expect front splitter options from places like ZL1 add-ons a couple months after cars start arriving. Don't worry about upbadging. If you like it, it's your car. The only upbadging that get's a ton of negativity is throwing a cobra badge on a GT car. A good many people have put GT500 and Mach 1 front bumper conversions on their car. Same thing over for Camaro SS with ZL1 front bumper. Same thing back in the 00s with GTs getting cobra front/rear bumpers.

I will tell you that if you're considering a manual, you should really go drive something with the tremec. If you're rowing the gears daily, the tremec could be a huge selling point for you. You may also decide that you're fine with feel of the MT82. If you're looking at auto this whole paragraph is irrelevant 😅

Tommy Nokes

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gr Cherokee Trailhawk, 2023 Audi Q8
I decided on the GT premium with perf pack for the many reasons already stated by others. I do hope they offer the DH hood graphic for the GT. Instead of it saying "Dark Horse" in the upper corner of the hood, I hope they make one saying "GT Performance". My goal is to not make it look like a dark horse, but the other hood graphics are horrible in my opinion. The hood looks naked without graphics.

Other additions would be a splitter and black tips on the active exhaust.

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Cruiser, 2015 GT PP Premium

I fell in love with ford after purchasing two broncos for the family and I am looking for a mustang to add as my daily driver and put aside my 911 as a weekend/track car.

The lowest markup dealer for DH was 2.5k above msrp which makes the total cost $75,450

For GT premium with x plan and first responder discount, the total cost is $56,663

I do prefer how the DH looks so I am leaning towards spending extra 5k or so on cosmetic additions to make a GT look like DH (DH hood stripes, front splitter, wings, etc). Not sure if this is considered "upbadging" and frowned upon by the community.

Overall, if you dont plan on tracking the mustang, would GT be a no brainer decision?
I bought the Mach 1 because it's the best looking S550, I love it. I also bought an auto because I wanted it. People hate, who cares. Do what makes you happy!

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
Worth it - NO

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
Absolutely worth buying the DH, I have zero intention on ever taking it to a track, just every day driving (seasonal).

1. Blue Ember
2. Front and rear cosmetics
3. Trans
4. Interior ugrades

The list can go on for a while. Do what fits you, but don't be fooled these cars are far from similar.

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ‘22 Maverick, ‘23 Escape
My 2 cents:
When I first saw the DH, I really wanted that. Loved all the blue interior bits. The only down sides where that 1) I am not a fan of the black under the headlights, although I have yet to see it in person, so figured I could paint or wrap that if I had to; 2) not a fan of the strips, but could take them off if still didn’t like them in person.
Then came the gas guzzler tax. Then came the allocation limits. Then came the ADM.
Wanted that Tremac, but now I’m leaning towards then Auto; for remote start and remote rev.
GT Premium Auto helps with all of the above downsides, so I am leaning towards the GT. However, now that MagnaRide isn’t standard, I will need to decide if I need that or not.
Also waiting to see the dash in person. Concerned about glare, especially if I decide to go convertible, and how “sick on-ish” it might look (I‘m a huge fan of the double brow, so need to get over that).

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s

Ford has stated multiple times that they actually sound different. I have noticed that DH is much lower tone than the GTs in the videos. There are many add-ons from the GT500 and GT350 which are only on DH. Also you cannot get the Indigo interior except with the DH. If non of that matters for you stick with the GT.

For me the difference in cost of the DH and GT was minimal considering I will not track either and did not order Handling package with my DH. So the price of the upgraded GT to get to the options that are standard with the DH 700a package was within $5k. So I ordered the DH. Ex. My DH order is $65k the GT I would have ordered was at $60k. No brainer to me. DH with all the additional things included was my choice. Looks like your builds are quite a difference in price, so it makes it a little harder.

Last edited:

Damian_21ST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Just built a Gt with the active exhaust-performance package-magnaride-nite pony pkg loaded her up! 63,590 my DH will be 66,005 which is MSRP I know many are doing ADM's and that SUCKS! Very Happy with my decision to go DH Blue Ember.
bruh which one are you getting ik you aint getting both

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I'm upgrading from a 2015 accord hybrid so the GT was more than enough for me.

Plus, would rather wait to go big once we start to get more special editions, especially whatever comes out near the end of the v8 era. Thinking of holding onto the GT for about 5 years and see what's out then.

Really hoping for another gt350 or similar. The DH isn't really much of difference and for the spec I'd want it'd be $13k more... No thanks.

OP
OP

lastsun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Ford has stated multiple times that they actually sound different. I have noticed that DH is much lower tone than the GTs in the videos. There are many add-ons from the GT500 and GT350 which are only on DH. Also you cannot get the Indigo interior except with the DH. If non of that matters for you stick with the GT.

For me the difference in cost of the DH and GT was minimal considering I will not track either and did not order Handling package with my DH. So the price of the upgraded GT to get to the options that are standard with the DH 700a package was within $5k. So I ordered the DH. Ex. My DH order is $65k the GT I would have ordered was at $60k. No brainer to me. DH with all the additional things included was my choice. Looks like your builds are quite a difference in price, so it makes it a little harder.
I mustve missed it where they say DH sounds different compared to the GT, do you have a link?

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
cause it doesn’t that’s BS

I mustve missed it where they say DH sounds different compared to the GT, do you have a link?

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
cause it doesn’t that’s BS

Check out what Jim Owens says starting at 16:05 in the video. I have heard him say the same thing in most of the videos featuring him.
Sponsored