• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DH over GT worth it?

lastsun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
First time mustang buyer here!

The lowest markup dealer for DH was 2.5k above msrp which makes the total cost $75,450

For GT premium with x plan and first responder discount, the total cost is $56,663

Overall, if you dont plan on tracking the mustang, would GT be a no brainer decision?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Hey I say you buy the car you do what you want with it! I wouldn't worry so much what others think.

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW i4 M50; 2024 Mustang GT Premium

I fell in love with ford after purchasing two broncos for the family and I am looking for a mustang to add as my daily driver and put aside my 911 as a weekend/track car.

The lowest markup dealer for DH was 2.5k above msrp which makes the total cost $75,450

For GT premium with x plan and first responder discount, the total cost is $56,663

I do prefer how the DH looks so I am leaning towards spending extra 5k or so on cosmetic additions to make a GT look like DH (DH hood stripes, front splitter, wings, etc). Not sure if this is considered "upbadging" and frowned upon by the community.

Overall, if you dont plan on tracking the mustang, would GT be a no brainer decision?
I wasn't willing to pay the dealer mark-up for a Dark Horse, so I ordered a GT Premium and added the performance and appearance goodies without DH the mark-up. Granted, I will not have the snarling horse head on my GT, but it's close enough for my needs (annoying the neighbors). Plus, with the GT, I am able to use my X-plan pricing, which I cannot use for a Mach 1 or a Dark Horse. I'm not planning on taking my GT to the track. So, for me, it works.

And my license plate will probably be FAUXHRS.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Since the DH isn't much more 'prestegious' than a regular Mustang I would save that money. It is literally a GT with a minor tune... Same as the Mach 1 or the Bullitt but without the 'heritage'...

The GT350 was a different deal and I am annoyed by people tuning their regular GTs so that it looks like a GT350 (Shelby batches and GT350 branding/stripes included). Then again I'm from Germany. GTs are rare but Shelbys are as common as exotics... There are much more Porsche GT3/4 cars on our road than there are Shelbys so I get excited seeing a GT350 only to get disappointed when it turns out that it's just another knucklehead in his regular GT...

OP
OP

lastsun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Since the DH isn't much more 'prestegious' than a regular Mustang I would save that money. It is literally a GT with a minor tune... Same as the Mach 1 or the Bullitt but without the 'heritage'...

The GT350 was a different deal and I am annoyed by people tuning their regular GTs so that it looks like a GT350 (Shelby batches and GT350 branding/stripes included). Then again I'm from Germany. GTs are rare but Shelbys are as common as exotics... There are much more Porsche GT3/4 cars on our road than there are Shelbys so I get excited seeing a GT350 only to get disappointed when it turns out that it's just another knucklehead in his regular GT...

I agree for sure! I definitely wont be using a DH badge but DH hood stripes looks fire and I will probably get a third party CF splitter and wings to give it a unique look. What are your thoughts on just the DH hood stripes? Would that still be upbadging

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
If the DH was 2k over a same spec GT, than I would do it. But the price difference is ridiculous.

I like the rear of the DH and I like the front of the GT.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Just built a Gt with the active exhaust-performance package-magnaride-nite pony pkg loaded her up! 63,590 my DH will be 66,005 which is MSRP I know many are doing ADM's and that SUCKS! Very Happy with my decision to go DH Blue Ember.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The DH doesn't qualify for x-plan so the gap gets wider for those who can take advantage

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
absolutely yes.

the cosmetics to emulate DH can be ordered or the aftermarket will provide them in short order at steep discount from Ford pricing.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
MSRP vs MSRP the Dark Horse is probably worth the extra money. Pricing plans make the GT pull away in value. X-Plan/Invoice vs MSRP DH makes it much tougher to justify the DH.

At the end of the day, its all about what you can afford.

NVPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
X Plan and Maxed out GT PP is worth it to me, that's what I did. DH is just a hair out of my leauge and I hate paying dealer mark up.

Asphodox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I ordered a GT Premium Fully loaded without the magna ride because I plan on lowering the car regardless. I actually got it at MSRP ($57,015) I will also be buying a carbon fiber dark horse rear spoiler and front lip as soon as I can find some that come out. But IMO the GT Premium is the Sweet spot and way to go.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium

I fell in love with ford after purchasing two broncos for the family and I am looking for a mustang to add as my daily driver and put aside my 911 as a weekend/track car.

I do prefer how the DH looks so I am leaning towards spending extra 5k or so on cosmetic additions to make a GT look like DH (DH hood stripes, front splitter, wings, etc). Not sure if this is considered "upbadging" and frowned upon by the community.

IMO, as a daily driver, a DH is not worth it for several reasons.

1. From a option/specification standpoint, the only real difference between the DH vs. GT besides the prestige factor is that you're getting slightly more horsepower (an addiitonal 15hp) and carbon fiber wheels.

2. DH has extremely lmited allocations, so there's a reasonable possiiblity you're going to be waiting much longer than GT owners for your car to be delivered.

3. You're going to be hard pressed to buy the DH without additional dealer markup above MSRP, whereas it's pretty easy to get the GT below invoice even (a several thousand dollar difference in price).

But again, this is just my humble opinion.
I can certainly see the appeal with the DH if you're someone who's simply buying the car to race on the track occasionally.

Last edited:

knuklz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
My loaded GT Prem i specced out came out to 59k. Thats without recaros. A base DH came out to 61k. I was able to snag one for MSRP so i did. The only big difference is im getting cloth/vinyl seats vs all leather seats. But im getting a tremec, more HP, forged internals, and it most likely will hold its value better.
Sponsored