• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse Order Change Dilemma (AP or HP worth it?)

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Statement: I likely will never track the car. I just personally love the style of the HP over standard. (Slightly lower ride, chin spoiler, gurney flap, wider wheels and fender flares). I also have owned Race Red/Torch Red and Azure Blue mustangs in the past and really love the Red and Black combo.

Dilemma: I'm still not sold on Blue Ember (may go back to Race Red like my past mustangs). Should I drop the AP (and maybe HP as I've heard it's also constraint) if I want to have my Dark Horse sooner?

The biggest bummer for me is that all Dark Horse interiors are blue accented and AP takes that up a notch even further so the entire car is very cohesive in and out. Wish the Dark Horse offered color accents and stitching to match any exterior color 😔

Questions:
  • Can anyone tell me how I can find a Blue Ember Dark Horse in person so I can make up my freaking mind on that color?
  • With the recent price increases, would changing my order void any price protection I have and make me pay the current higher prices?
  • I actually think wrapping the roof black makes way more sense than painted, so I'd likely do that for $200-250 if I skipped AP.
  • How much would it cost for after-market to get similar HP, with install?
  • How much would resale value be impacted if I had a comparable aftermarket HP setup done vs from factory?
  • I mostly love the style of HP, so I'd start with the chin spoiler, gurney flap, and wheels/fender flares. How long after a generation starts, before after market body parts are usually available? I'm guessing for under $1000 I could get the chin spoiler, gurney flap, and fender flares.
Thanks for humoring my thoughts 😅
Sponsored

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
I’ll focus on the first question and let the rest be deciphered upon by others; being in MI I’ve seen many dark horses around Dearborn and in many different shades of light. At times blue ember can be mistaken for a very dark blue almost black. Other times I’ve seen it was closer to vapor blue in terms of hue AND THEN other times I’ve seen it the orange metallic flakes just glistened in the sun and had some burnt orange look to it. The grabber blue and race red dark horses in person definitely are very attractive. Personally, blue ember is the most dynamic beautiful body paint I’ve seen on a sports car period in a long time and the fact it can look like completely different body colors at times is just mind blowing. It’s a color you’ll never get tired of, will become rare and revered amongst enthusiasts. I say stick it out and be patient. It’ll be worth it.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
The blue ember looks Fn BROWN to me, I see them in 94 a lot also… 1 coat of dust and it is like a milky brownish.

OP
OP
NightSurgeX2

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
The blue ember looks Fn BROWN to me, I see them in 94 a lot also… 1 coat of dust and it is like a milky brownish.
How dusty we talking? It will be a garage queen and be washed every time a thin layer of dust develops.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I say get what you want. I may complain but i know that I want the AP, BA, & HP. Taking any of those off will just leave me with a big what if and regret. So I'll wait bc scheduling is hard to guess. One week you get told there is a hold wait 3 months. The next week you in production. So it's hard to figure out a true pattern. But if you went with that combo the car.. keep it because you did it because you wanted it.
Sponsored