• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Change to order????

jmross845

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Xtreme Recon, 2023 Subaru Crosstrek
I ordered my 2024 GT on February 6th 2024. Per an email from ford, I have an alleged build date for the week of 03/25/2025. I ordered the automatic, but would like to switch to the manual transmission now. Is it too late? Are you able to make changes before production begins? I just took delivery of a 2024 bronco with a manual transmission and I love it. That’s what influencing me at this point, but I don’t want to hold my order up.
Sponsored

GoldenHand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
From my knowledge, If you've been given a VIN and build date then it can't be changed. Changes are allowed up until you receive an allocation.

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
I ordered my 2024 GT on February 6th 2024. Per an email from ford, I have an alleged build date for the week of 03/25/2025. I ordered the automatic, but would like to switch to the manual transmission now. Is it too late? Are you able to make changes before production begins? I just took delivery of a 2024 bronco with a manual transmission and I love it. That’s what influencing me at this point, but I don’t want to hold my order up.
From my own experience, some changes can be made after getting a VIN and a build date. I added Recaro seats a month after getting my VIN and a build date, but they rejected my request to change my hood stripes. However, I doubt they would allow a major change like the transmission. It’s worth asking though. All they can do is tell you no.

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
You just might be able to change it to a manual …wow a month and a half after putting your order in yours is being built.. I’ve had my DH order (dealer allocation) since 1 Sep and no build date for it yet…

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
The best thing to do would be to contact the dealer ASAP and see if they can do the change. Once it's been built you're SOL. The Vin designation can be hit or miss just depending on how far along things are. Worst case, if you really want the manual, place another order and don't take delivery on the current order.

Dwoodmansee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Personally, I’ve had plenty of cars and trucks with manual transmissions. I decided on a 2024 Mustang GT with 10- speed automatic transmission, and I have never been happier, especially when given the ability to put it into manual mode where I can use the paddle shifters to go through each of the 10 speeds without having to use a clutch. Not only does it save my left leg, but it allows me to select when to change gears (I prefer higher RPMs).

ultimately, you have to choose what makes you happy. Just know that the 10-speed automatic is a lot of fun.

Reactions: ecc

NH_woodser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium Convertible
When I received my email from FMC with the build date and specs, I discovered that the "spoiler delete" option I ordered was missing. I was told the order could not be changed and the car was delivered with a spoiler.

Lightningwings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
I made changes to my order after receiving a VIN (A month after initially placing the order). I used the Ford order tracker and saw it said 400A. Decided to update to 401A. Reached out to my dealer and the tracker updated almost immediately after the dealer submitted the change request.

You can make changes as long as it is a reasonable time before production, it will just be a slight inconvenience for your dealer, but don't let that bother you.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
I ordered my 2024 GT on February 19, 2024.
I haven’t heard a word from Ford about my order.
I realized no spare Tire came with the GT Premium package.
I asked my dealer if I could add the spare tire.
He told me today my 2024 GT was in the ORDERING BANK, waiting to be built?
I noticed your build date is 3-25-25.
It appears to me you will be receiving a 2025 GT Mustang?
I just don’t understand how the ordering processes works?
.UPDATE,
My Salesman called me today.
He said he could add the Spare Tire.
My Luck if I didn’t get the Spare I would be sorry.

Last edited:
OP
OP

jmross845

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Xtreme Recon, 2023 Subaru Crosstrek
My apologies! Typo!!! I have an anticipated build date of 03/25/24 not 25

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
When I received my email from FMC with the build date and specs, I discovered that the "spoiler delete" option I ordered was missing. I was told the order could not be changed and the car was delivered with a spoiler.
What did you order ?!
I’m sure some guys with no spoiler, might be willing to trade for yours ;)

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
My apologies! Typo!!! I have an anticipated build date of 03/25/24 not 25
Thank You.
I was getting a little worried.
Sponsored