• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Getting ready to order

LionK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
All i want is a regular GT with a manual trans and active exhaust. I don't need all the extra bells and whistles. That's why I'm trying to order, since stuff on the lot normally has all that extra stuff.
I got a base gt pp1 with an active exhaust basically as well.
Sponsored

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
I am here in MI it is about 3-6 months. If you need help getting special ordered with proper timing and delivery I can forward you some contacts.

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
First time poster here, after a certain manufacturer flubbed it's final production year of a certain car, probably losing itself a lifelong customer.

I read over the stickied threads and contacted a dealer. A couple red flags off the bat.

First, I was told orders are about 1 to 1.5 years (?!) from order placement to delivery. Worse for manual. Note that this is just for a regular GT, no nite pony or anything else. That doesn't seem to jibe with what I've seen here.

Second, the salesperson sent me a couple of cars via email. Their window stickers show these are special order cars with blend dates of july and august of this year.

I get the sneaking suspicion this guy is trying to foist upon me someone elses special order that they backed out on. All this communication has been via phone or email, and I'll follow up to see whats going on, but I thought I'd run it by you guys for some ideas.

Thanks.
It seems like you know exactly what you do and do not want, so I would recommend getting the order in. Ford and the UAW are closer than any other manufacturer to a deal as of this writing and this particular plant isn't involved at this time anyway. Ford worked through a backlog of thousands of units on order and many of those are shipped or are in the pipeline.

I suggest finding a dealer in your area who participates in X-Plan pricing and let the salesperson know your intent to use it when ordering. Search the threads here for X-Plan and Mustang Club of America. You may request a PIN after a 90 day membership and it will save you hundreds (thousands in my case) off of your order.

Life's short - get what will make you happy! Ask anyone on the forum who has taken delivery - worth the wait every time.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I know a local dealer here in MI that has one just like that and I saw it last night and it's on their website.

Also the dealer you were talking to is full of it. 2-3 months is all it'll take to special order what you want.
While a year+ is on the high side, 2-3 months is certainly on the low side. Especially with 1600 outstanding orders and a looming Flat Rock strike. I would say 6 months from order to delivery is a reasonable timeline with lots of potential for an "early" delivery

Speed Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
While a year+ is on the high side, 2-3 months is certainly on the low side. Especially with 1600 outstanding orders and a looming Flat Rock strike. I would say 6 months from order to delivery is a reasonable timeline with lots of potential for an "early" delivery
if you order at the right dealer 3 months would be about right for what he wants. Yes, 2 months seems a bit quick, but not far fetched at this point.

OP
OP
Mr Lahey

Mr Lahey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Roadmaster
I am here in MI it is about 3-6 months. If you need help getting special ordered with proper timing and delivery I can forward you some contacts.
That would be most helpful. Thanks!

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
if you order at the right dealer 3 months would be about right for what he wants. Yes, 2 months seems a bit quick, but not far fetched at this point.
3 months would be if everything went perfectly. The point is nothing is perfect right now, especially depending on his location

OP
OP
Mr Lahey

Mr Lahey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Roadmaster
I'm OK with a wait (not 1.5 yrs though!) Winter is coming up anyway and I'm certainly not going to feed it to the salt. If it's delivered in winter it'd just sit in the barn until spring.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr Lahey

Mr Lahey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Roadmaster
Thanks to the advice on here, I contacted a second dealer who found the first dealers behavior surprising. I showed up and was done in 30 minutes. Order printout in hand with order code, sales code, price code, and final price.

I'm not sure if order code, and order number are used interchangeably on this site. I don't see anything specifically labeled "order number." I see an order code in format "X11X." Will I get an actual order number when the VIN is generated, or am I missing something on this sheet?
Sponsored