• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

My Order is sitting in Orlando Shipyard while everyone else is getting theirs…

OP
OP
Cars And Shenanigans

Cars And Shenanigans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
You have not read enough of the threads to realize that the “Official” FORUM FORD MEMBER only comments to congratulate a new owner and never to assist with anything else. If you work at a dealership? then I’m sure you understand Ford itself does not control 3rd party shippers…unless i’ve read a lot of misinformed posts. Hopefully it will show up soon.
My boss the owner stated that the strike holds everything. I wasn’t sure whether that was true or not. I think he was under the impression my vehicle is still at the plant.
I’m still new to the business, only 21 years old lol.
I have also been not keeping up on the forums as much as I wish I was. I’m trying to do better closer to the delivery! Hopefully strike doesn’t affect my delivery and I have it very soon!
Sponsored

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
I would think that a possible strike next week has zero impact on deliveries in transit. Your car will probably pop up on the lot far earlier than you think. Post some pictures!!!!

I have a 2024 on order and knew the strike was quite probably when I placed it. I’m in no hurry but the factors of trade value and interest rates do concern me. Worst case I just keep the car I have if used car values tank and rates skyrocket further in the next 5 months. Honestly higher rates will put a damper on $50000 car sales so I’m not sure what the situation will look like. Dealers and manufacturers need to sell and banks need them to as well. Low sales don’t really help anyone if inventory is growing, but with no production it cannot grow, it’s like a Covid take 2.

Student loan payment resume next month and repossessions are on a rapid rise which factors in as well. Looks like a total recipe for disaster all around.

Last edited:

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I would think that a possible strike next week has zero impact on deliveries in transit. Your car will probably pop up on the lot far earlier than you think. Post some pictures!!!!
The only real risk, if the strike drags on for too long, is that the dealer may run out of OEM components/accessories that are normally added at delivery, which could delay PDI.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cars And Shenanigans

Cars And Shenanigans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Will do! Follow me at @carsnshenanigans on Instagram and YouTube too! I will be posting basically mustang only content for the next month or so lol.

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
Will do! Follow me at @carsnshenanigans on Instagram and YouTube too! I will be posting basically mustang only content for the next month or so lol.
👍. I have Youtube but zero Social Media accounts. At 21 I know that’s unfathomable lol. Never had FB, Twitter, or Instagram. No Myspace or wetf that was lol.

OP
OP
Cars And Shenanigans

Cars And Shenanigans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
👍. I have Youtube but zero Social Media accounts. At 21 I know that’s unfathomable lol. Never had FB, Twitter, or Instagram. No Myspace or wetf that was lol.
Lol, sometimes I wish I never got onto the social media but it doesn’t hurt just seeing cars on it all day. None of that fake life stuff. Literally just cars 24/7 which is pretty cool!

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Hey guys,
Anyone know what the normal process is for a mustang order that I placed 1 minute after order banks opened 03/27, it has been built for weeks, and now is just sitting at the Orlando Florida shipyard 4 hours away with a ETA of end of September?!?

seems pretty excessive that it would be that far away. For reference I have a Priority 10 code for ford order (pretty high) and shipyard says it doesn’t have a carrier yet. Is that unusual that it would sit that long?!?

Other dealers around me (I’m in Naples, FL) have gotten 3+ new mustangs and are marking them up a ton. Doesn’t seem like ford is really looking out for retail orders or is that just me?
Same boat, mine arrived by rail to Miami since 8/31. The same dealership has two Ecoboosts inventoried with $2-4k mark-ups.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue GT
Hey guys,
Anyone know what the normal process is for a mustang order that I placed 1 minute after order banks opened 03/27, it has been built for weeks, and now is just sitting at the Orlando Florida shipyard 4 hours away with a ETA of end of September?!?

seems pretty excessive that it would be that far away. For reference I have a Priority 10 code for ford order (pretty high) and shipyard says it doesn’t have a carrier yet. Is that unusual that it would sit that long?!?

Other dealers around me (I’m in Naples, FL) have gotten 3+ new mustangs and are marking them up a ton. Doesn’t seem like ford is really looking out for retail orders or is that just me?
Mine is supposed to be there with yours today. Ordered 4/10. Stopped @ Jacksonville first. Headed to Winter Haven. Time will tell !

Last edited: