• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Getting ready to order

Mr Lahey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Roadmaster
First time poster here, after a certain manufacturer flubbed it's final production year of a certain car, probably losing itself a lifelong customer.

I read over the stickied threads and contacted a dealer. A couple red flags off the bat.

First, I was told orders are about 1 to 1.5 years (?!) from order placement to delivery. Worse for manual. Note that this is just for a regular GT, no nite pony or anything else. That doesn't seem to jibe with what I've seen here.

Second, the salesperson sent me a couple of cars via email. Their window stickers show these are special order cars with blend dates of july and august of this year.

I get the sneaking suspicion this guy is trying to foist upon me someone elses special order that they backed out on. All this communication has been via phone or email, and I'll follow up to see whats going on, but I thought I'd run it by you guys for some ideas.

Thanks.
Sponsored

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I would not be surprised if that timeframe is accurate right now with the strikes etc. I fully intend to try and buy one off a lot, as I don't expect my order to even get scheduled this year.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I would not be surprised if that timeframe is accurate right now with the strikes etc. I fully intend to try and buy one off a lot, as I don't expect my order to even get scheduled this year.
My other one that they didn’t cancel is scheduled Nov 20 for build.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
Why would it matter if it was another person’s special order if it is what you want? Thanks!

OP
OP
Mr Lahey

Mr Lahey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Roadmaster
Why would it matter if it was another person’s special order if it is what you want? Thanks!
Unfortunately, they were not what I want. If they were at least close, that would be great. One of them had like 15k worth of extra options that I'm not interested in at all.

Last edited:

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
Your dealer is full of BS. I ordered 8/12, scheduled for build 10/9. GT Premium Convertible. 5k below sticker.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This last one I ordered June 6 or 7th. July 31st I hadn’t heard anything nor did I ever get an acknowledgment email. Called Ford And they had nothing on me, she said they had to have given me a wrong code number. So I went up to the Ford dealership, And they resent it, and I looked at the paperwork and they did have a code number down wrong, so even though I ordered it in June, it showed I ordered it july 31st. It is to be built the week of November 20. But, I canceled it, so it will go to the dealership.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, they were not what I want. If they were at least close, that would be great. One of them had like 15k worth of extra options that I'm not interested in at all.
What are you looking for? The one I have ordered looks identical to the one I have now other than the interior is space gray instead of black.
It is a manual
But you can find them all over on kbb.com , edmunds.com, cars.com

OP
OP
Mr Lahey

Mr Lahey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Roadmaster
Your dealer is full of BS. I ordered 8/12, scheduled for build 10/9. GT Premium Convertible. 5k below sticker.
That's what I thought. I'm sure what he's sending me are other people's special orders that they decided they didnt want. I sent him back a link to the build I made on the Ford website, and now they won't even respond. Moving on to the next one.

OP
OP
Mr Lahey

Mr Lahey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Roadmaster
What are you looking for? The one I have ordered looks identical to the one I have now other than the interior is space gray instead of black.
It is a manual
But you can find them all over on kbb.com , edmunds.com, cars.com
All i want is a regular GT with a manual trans and active exhaust. I don't need all the extra bells and whistles. That's why I'm trying to order, since stuff on the lot normally has all that extra stuff.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All i want is a regular GT with a manual trans and active exhaust. I don't need all the extra bells and whistles. That's why I'm trying to order, since stuff on the lot normally has all that extra stuff.
If you look on those websites, I gave you you can put down exactly what you’re looking for colors and everything and It will pull up the ones that exactly match with what you’re looking for

Speed Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I know a local dealer here in MI that has one just like that and I saw it last night and it's on their website.

Also the dealer you were talking to is full of it. 2-3 months is all it'll take to special order what you want.

LionK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
First time poster here, after a certain manufacturer flubbed it's final production year of a certain car, probably losing itself a lifelong customer.

I read over the stickied threads and contacted a dealer. A couple red flags off the bat.

First, I was told orders are about 1 to 1.5 years (?!) from order placement to delivery. Worse for manual. Note that this is just for a regular GT, no nite pony or anything else. That doesn't seem to jibe with what I've seen here.

Second, the salesperson sent me a couple of cars via email. Their window stickers show these are special order cars with blend dates of july and august of this year.

I get the sneaking suspicion this guy is trying to foist upon me someone elses special order that they backed out on. All this communication has been via phone or email, and I'll follow up to see whats going on, but I thought I'd run it by you guys for some ideas.

Thanks.
Very weird. I ordered my car exactly 2 weeks ago and they told me wait time would be 5-9 months MAX. They also told me an order made before me came in after 3 months. The strikes are not affecting Flat Rock from what I hear currently, and they do not expect it to happen in the foreseeable future. I did hear Bronco production is affected though. I would recommend another dealer personally, I just would not go where my business seems worthless

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW i4 M50; 2024 Mustang GT Premium

Thanks.
I think your suspicions are probably correct.
Sponsored