• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Thoughts on DH with HP vs Convertible GT PP

DH or Convertible!

• Total voters
OP
OP

AAAStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Lexus ES, 2014 Land Rover LR4, 2009 Honda CRV
I was replacing my 08 GT/CS convertible that was t-boned by a red light runner. The Dark Horse isn’t offered in a convertible so a 24 GT convertible is mine now.

IMG_0992.jpeg

IMG_1271.jpeg
Nice upgrade man! i had a similar 08' CS manual with full bolt-ons in the same color but fastback, my brother got it wrecked in a car accident!

PS: the Altas Blue is phenomenal!
Sponsored

OP
OP

AAAStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why an automatic if going convertible? I know it is popular to bash the base manual, but is there really anything that wrong with it? I am replacing a 2017 BMW 440 convertible with a 2024 GT co vertible manual and the only thing I don't like about the 440 is that a manual wasn't offered.
The reason I'm going for an auto is to avoid breaking the gears, which I did once in a 09' Mustang, i ruined the 2nd gear and kept driving the car without it for a while.

Manuals are so fun to drive the car aggressively most of the time, but provided the weight of the convertible, then why not settle down for a smoother ride? IDK to be honest!

OP
OP

AAAStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife can't drive stick, so..............and I will say the 10-speed AT is pretty awesome, much more than I expected. Haven't played with the paddle shifters yet, but that's coming soon.
Thats a good point! LOL!

Please let me know once you try the paddle shifters

OP
OP

AAAStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
premium manual convertible performance package, MagneRide, and active exhaust 🤔

Which will you spend more time with?
I think I'll drive the convertible more, since I'm sure my twins would love the breeze in the summer!

Yet the DH would bring those crazy waves of laughter when I autocross it, track it, and mess around!

OP
OP

AAAStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why the HP? The DH standard is absolutely a wonderful car. I would skip the convertible as already have one of those in the stables.
IMG_20230723_174512.jpg

I have a theory that once you have a convertible car, it's very hard to live without one!

OP
OP

AAAStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can understand the difficulty of deciding between a manual and an auto (although for me it is Auto all day since we have lots of traffic jams).
But I cannot understand the difficulty of deciding between a coupe and a convertible.
Since I've driven a conv and liked it, nothing can beat THAT, be it twice the bhps or a manual.
I'd rather go with a used BMW 6 (now 8) series or a used Mercedes S-Class or Camaro convertible than with a coupe style Mustang.
Roof down to me is like riding my motorcycle, just with the option to fight any possible rain or to keep luggage with me.

I feel you!! i had convertibles in my garage for more than 8 years, and I enjoyed them more than my Street Glide HD! it's always fun to share those moments with loved ones beside!

OP
OP

AAAStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@KABStang @roadpilot @RLE55 @509Mike @Zengineer @Zig @Bruebaker @Ryunker @Fruitstang

Updates, i think I'm leaning toward the convertible! all signs are signaling there. I found one at a dealer inventory and they offered a CAD$3000 discount below the window sticker!

I'm trying to push that discount even further, if it works, then I'll just go with it!

The dealer is also recommending rust proofing underneath it, what do you guys think?

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT convertible, 2024 Mustang GT conv.
@KABStang @roadpilot @RLE55 @509Mike @Zengineer @Zig @Bruebaker @Ryunker @Fruitstang

Updates, i think I'm leaning toward the convertible! all signs are signaling there. I found one at a dealer inventory and they offered a CAD$3000 discount below the window sticker!

I'm trying to push that discount even further, if it works, then I'll just go with it!

The dealer is also recommending rust proofing underneath it, what do you guys think?
When I ordered mine in Dec/23, I haggled with the dealer. They quickly offered to knock $2,000 off the list price. I pulled an online ad from a dealer in Ontario that was offering about $3,600 off a similar Mustang that the had on their lot. The dealer came back with an offer to knock $3,000 off, with no documentation fee, and I accepted that. I still am following the dealer asking prices for 2024 Mustangs on Kijiji.ca and Autotrader.ca and notice that most of the cars that were advertised with big discounts (over $2,000) are no longer listed and a lot are being offered at list price. I am guessing that as the weather gets better, demand may be increasing.

When my car arrived, my salesman sent me down the hall to see another guy who gave me a hard sell for rust proofing, ceramic, and leather protection, all for the low price of $2600 Cdn. I declined, advising that I would just be driving the car home and garaging it for at least a month, and that it would never be driven in winter or on salty roads and regularly have the under carriage cleaned.

If I was going to drive the car year round, I would consider getting some sort of rust proofing applied, not sure if the dealer would be the best place.

Good luck with the hunt and I look forward to pictures when you have it in hand.

MidLifeManifustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Convertible, 21 Explorer ST
The performance and handling advantages of the DH were tempting but not quite enough to tilt the balance away from the ragtop for me.

This is my first convertible and first Mustang but I have to say I have never had so much pure fun in a new car. There’s really nothing like letting the Coyote howl with the roof down and the exhaust in track mode on a sunny day.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
I have a theory that once you have a convertible car, it's very hard to live without one!
Wife can attest to that, she loved her 06 GT Vert.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
The performance and handling advantages of the DH were tempting but not quite enough to tilt the balance away from the ragtop for me.
Agree. A comparison of both, the DH really doesn't have that many more performance goodies than the GT PP and, in a head, to head the GT held its own pretty good.

Last edited:

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
Nice upgrade man! i had a similar 08' CS manual with full bolt-ons in the same color but fastback, my brother got it wrecked in a car accident!

PS: the Altas Blue is phenomenal!
Thanks I was hoping the blue would look good but it hard to tell from pictures at the dealership. The 08 was the third red vehicle I’ve had that got wrecked. Love red but it doesn’t love me back 😞

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Now if she would just entertain the thought of trying a rev-matching pp gt ‘vert you could potentially have the best of both.

personally, I’m of the opinion that more o[r] less leans into the department of ‘wait a second’, are you telling me I’m buying a piece of …
Sponsored

Last edited: