• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dealer forced Accessory Add-On's

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Only one I could get around here. Don't know why people act surprised about it
Because you are on the internet where nothing is impossible. There was a couple of Dark Horse allocations being offered to anyone here for MSRP.
Sponsored

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Iā€™m not surprised, I just cringe at throwing away $$. People want what they want I guess. If people would just stop paying $5k-$25k over MSRP these asshole dealers would stop selling them for that.

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful Ā“15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
If a dealer pulled that kind of bs with me, Iā€™d simply ask for my deposit back and WALK AWAY.
I wouldnā€™t negociate or anything, trust is gone bye !

Last edited:

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful Ā“15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
For that 10k, Iā€™d fly myself across the country to the best deal available, and make a memorable road trip back, out of it !

Luajesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi Guys,

I'm kind of in a predicament, I ordered a Grabber Blue GT NP PP back in July and my build date is in October However my dealership received a couple of GTs this week so I decided to take a sneak peak at one and was able to drive one. (very nice in person, felt very smooth to drive) However, the point of this thread like the title implies was the non-negotiable add-on that I was not aware of when I ordered mine. I did get MSRP and price protection on my order but now the dealer let me know there are 6k add-ons to be added to the total price. I asked if maybe we could remove some since I would be having my own installed in the near future (e.g. Paint protection, tint, etc.) but was told no, "As soon as the car arrives these accessories are installed." BTW 1.5k for a digital plate?? I wanted to get some feedback from the guys on this and if maybe I should skip buying from this dealer and look elsewhere. My car has a MSRP of around 63k but with add-ons and taxes, the car is closer to 73-74k. Although it would suck to have to wait even longer I do not wanna get screwed over. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: sorry for the bad quality, not in town so asked my partner to take a picture. On the right side after the initial price you can see the listed add-ons(which btw he did not say anything till after I noticed) what do you guys think?

IMG_0968.jpeg
I literally live down the street from this dealer. if you want to post the sales associate/personā€™s info who told you that these ā€˜OPTIONSā€™ arenā€™t able to be removed Iā€™d love to give them a call or visit the dealer to give them a piece of my mind because thatā€™s literally daylight ROBBERY. if you donā€™t get MSRP then walk.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Hi Guys,

I'm kind of in a predicament, I ordered a Grabber Blue GT NP PP back in July and my build date is in October However my dealership received a couple of GTs this week so I decided to take a sneak peak at one and was able to drive one. (very nice in person, felt very smooth to drive) However, the point of this thread like the title implies was the non-negotiable add-on that I was not aware of when I ordered mine. I did get MSRP and price protection on my order but now the dealer let me know there are 6k add-ons to be added to the total price. I asked if maybe we could remove some since I would be having my own installed in the near future (e.g. Paint protection, tint, etc.) but was told no, "As soon as the car arrives these accessories are installed." BTW 1.5k for a digital plate?? I wanted to get some feedback from the guys on this and if maybe I should skip buying from this dealer and look elsewhere. My car has a MSRP of around 63k but with add-ons and taxes, the car is closer to 73-74k. Although it would suck to have to wait even longer I do not wanna get screwed over. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: sorry for the bad quality, not in town so asked my partner to take a picture. On the right side after the initial price you can see the listed add-ons(which btw he did not say anything till after I noticed) what do you guys think?

IMG_0968.jpeg
I'm a little late to the party, but as someone who shopped around a lot for the best deal in my area I can offer the advice of pitching the biggest fit you can. If they won't budge, walk. With my dealer I switched to I got a final out the door price after my deposit, taxes, and license fees. Their doc fee is $499. That's it. They wanted to add on other after sale options and I said no. No argument, it came off. Sounds like this dealer is a sham. I would insist on something like this that my salesman did for me....
S650 Mustang Dealer forced Accessory Add-On's IMG_20230916_064623~2

Now the sales price is in writing with both mine and the manager's signatures on it. Done deal and I know exactly what I'm paying for. I should clarify I did not put down a $15k deposit. That's what I was estimating for a down payment. Only gave $500 deposit.

Last edited:

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
Because you are on the internet where nothing is impossible. There was a couple of Dark Horse allocations being offered to anyone here for MSRP.
Yea but who knows where. Then how much am I going to spend to go get it or have it shipped. Even then who knows if I would get it. Also it's not like I can just get up go and make a trip like that. It's great some people can do that but I can't.

MeMyselfandI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Hi Guys,

IMG_0968.jpeg
My dealer did not even mention add-ons. When I mentioned window tint they referred me to a real pro down the street. The pro shop quoted me $600 for ceramic tint on all windows including the front. The dealership coordinated the work but made nothing on the job. In fact there was a scuff on the bottom of my splitter from the truck ramps. They agreed to pay for half the tint, repair the Scuff, and give me a loaner car. $800 under MSRP. Excellent small town dealership here in Tennessee (Eli at Lenoir City Ford).

S650 Mustang Dealer forced Accessory Add-On's IMG_2961

Rate_of_Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO, 22 Triumph Speed Twin
I canā€™t say it enough - there is ZERO special about a GT to pay even MSRP let alone over for some BS.

I am not saying a GT is a bad car in anyway, but itā€™s a normal production car that will be produced in large numbers. From day one on this forum there have been multiple places to buy at or under MSRP for a GT - and by this time next year, under MSRP will be the norm, not the exception.

Do not let them add anything, period!

Longitude Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, 2007 Mustang V6.
Tell them to eat shat and die. Either that shat comes off the price or you are running not walking out the door.

ShannonMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost
Agreed, I am from Michigan and I live in Los Angeles I ordered mine in Michigan as my family is still there. I had a very long talk with my dealer about the markup situation and I ordered mine and there is no Markup. Looks like the further away from Ford HQ the more the dealers are taking it to the customer...

_JĀ¢_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion
That is what makes it worse, the fact that I sat down to order my car and not a single time was the conversation brought up about the add-ons. Honestly, this whole situation left a bad taste in my mouth. To top if off the manager said straight up Nope we cannot change any of it.

To everyone who has responded to the thread, I appreciate your responses and guidance. I think I am going to cancel my order and start calling around the LA area.
This should help. Don't get scammed.

IMG_20230719_182629.jpg
Keep this in mind as well as other advice other members have given when looking around for another dealer.

Edit: Also, since you are in the Socal Area, I would recommend Theodore Robins Ford.

Last edited:

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order