• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dealer forced Accessory Add-On's

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Hi Guys,

I'm kind of in a predicament, I ordered a Grabber Blue GT NP PP back in July and my build date is in October However my dealership received a couple of GTs this week so I decided to take a sneak peak at one and was able to drive one. (very nice in person, felt very smooth to drive) However, the point of this thread like the title implies was the non-negotiable add-on that I was not aware of when I ordered mine. I did get MSRP and price protection on my order but now the dealer let me know there are 6k add-ons to be added to the total price. I asked if maybe we could remove some since I would be having my own installed in the near future (e.g. Paint protection, tint, etc.) but was told no, "As soon as the car arrives these accessories are installed." BTW 2k for a digital plate?? I wanted to get some feedback from the guys on this and if maybe I should skip buying from this dealer and look elsewhere. My car has a MSRP of around 63k but with add-ons and taxes, the car is closer to 73-74k. Although it would suck to have to wait even longer I do not wanna get screwed over. Any help is appreciated.
If you stick to your guns and tell them where are all these extras on the sales order? If you did NOT sign it tell him to stick it and go to the media with his tactics. 10 or 11 thousand more is absolutely BS.
Sponsored

JS1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, hayabusa
Hi Guys,

I'm kind of in a predicament, I ordered a Grabber Blue GT NP PP back in July and my build date is in October However my dealership received a couple of GTs this week so I decided to take a sneak peak at one and was able to drive one. (very nice in person, felt very smooth to drive) However, the point of this thread like the title implies was the non-negotiable add-on that I was not aware of when I ordered mine. I did get MSRP and price protection on my order but now the dealer let me know there are 6k add-ons to be added to the total price. I asked if maybe we could remove some since I would be having my own installed in the near future (e.g. Paint protection, tint, etc.) but was told no, "As soon as the car arrives these accessories are installed." BTW 2k for a digital plate?? I wanted to get some feedback from the guys on this and if maybe I should skip buying from this dealer and look elsewhere. My car has a MSRP of around 63k but with add-ons and taxes, the car is closer to 73-74k. Although it would suck to have to wait even longer I do not wanna get screwed over. Any help is appreciated.
Run from that dealer.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Hi Guys,

I had a dealer try to add $7k to the Mustang GT I ordered 2015. They even approved XPLAN when I ordered the car, then acted like we never had the conversation even though I had the Managers signature on the XPLAN form and Order sheet. I told them that If I don't get it for XPLAN price in which they agreed to, was going to go to the Better Business Bureau and the Air Force Community Action Council and have them banned from military members from shopping there. Needless to say, they caved and gave it to me for the XPLAN price. I never went there again, not even for a free oil change they offered. They called a few years later and asked if I wanted to trade in my car for an upgrade. I laughed and hung up the phone.

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW i4 M50; 2024 Mustang GT Premium
Hi Guys,

When I went to pick up my ordered GT two weeks ago, the dealer tried to sneak in an extended warranty, alarm and interior protection on the deal sheet...about a $7000 mark-up. I asked if these items were mandatory. The salesperson hemmed and hawed and finally admitted that they weren't. He took them off the deal sheet, then added in my X-Plan discount (which was conveniently omitted on the deal sheet) and I was finally happy. I noticed that some of the Mach-Es in the dealer's lot had stickers that showed the extended warranty, alarm and interior protection added on.

There are plenty of dealers out there who won't include ADM or mandatory add-ons on GTs. I bet you can look around and find one who will treat you right. The ability to search other dealers' inventory online is one of the few good things about the internet.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Hi Guys,

If you did not order the add-ons, they should not have put them on, you have been scammed by that dealer. Did you give them a deposit? There are dark horses out there that don’t cost that much.
With the strikes going on, I would not be surprised if what your car does not get to you later than that. If you have to forfeit $1000 deposit, it might be worth it in the long run

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
That is what makes it worse, the fact that I sat down to order my car and not a single time was the conversation brought up about the add-ons. Honestly, this whole situation left a bad taste in my mouth. To top if off the manager said straight up Nope we cannot change any of it.

To everyone who has responded to the thread, I appreciate your responses and guidance. I think I am going to cancel my order and start calling around the LA area.
That’s BS because I called Ford and as long as your car is not in production, you can change anything on it

Bybotie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, PP
Tied selling is a federal crime. The FTC oversees the prosecution of it on the federal level. Your state's AG will bring charges on a state level. Tell the dealer you want a copy of the sales agreement to file with your state AG. They will change their tune quickly.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
What dealership are you talking about?
I see you're in LA, and can confirm the dealerships around here are terrible!
Thats why I went to @Zach@Granger . Hassle free deal

OP
OP

AroDomi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger RT, 2024 Mustang GT
Sorry to read what happened. There are some good dealers out there. Unfortunately, they are overshadowed by the others doing to you what you've been explaining to us.

Walk away and don't look back.

Please post the name and location of the dealer here.

Consider reaching out to the BBB for a formal complaint.

Post a review on Google, explaining what happened.

For these forums, the BBB and Google, be matter-of-fact about it. Continue to explain in as much detail necessary while being completely unemotional about it.

The S650 is going to be around for a while. Re-order with someone else.
What dealership are you talking about?
I see you're in LA, and can confirm the dealerships around here are terrible!
Thats why I went to @Zach@Granger . Hassle free deal

Yeah, to save anyone in the downtown LA area avoid Ford Of Downtown Los Angeles on Figueroa. I felt comfortable seeing the good rating this dealer had but with all of this going on idk if I just got unlucky...

On a good note, they mentioned my $500 deposit was fully refundable at least. Not sure if I should threaten to drop the car if they keep all the add-ons. The manager printed out a sample of what the payments would be that lists the full add-ons if anyone is interested I could post a picture.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Yeah, to save anyone in the downtown LA area avoid Ford Of Downtown Los Angeles on Figueroa. I felt comfortable seeing the good rating this dealer had but with all of this going on idk if I just got unlucky...

On a good note, they mentioned my $500 deposit was fully refundable at least. Not sure if I should threaten to drop the car if they keep all the add-ons. The manager printed out a sample of what the payments would be that lists the full add-ons if anyone is interested I could post a picture.
Please do

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
6k in add ons is another 100-120 a month and you are paying interest on them unless you come out of pocket. Do not let them pressure you. Offer to buy at the ordered price or walk. Make sure you leave online reviews everywhere

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW i4 M50; 2024 Mustang GT Premium

I haven't dealt with the Uniform Commercial Code in years, but I've always wondered whether a customer putting down a deposit created an option contract whereby the dealer's refusal to honor the order as placed would constitute a breach of contract. Hurts my brain too much to do the research on that issue.

Butkus1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2024 Mustang 9(soon)
If you stick to your guns and tell them where are all these extras on the sales order? If you did NOT sign it tell him to stick it and go to the media with his tactics. 10 or 11 thousand more is absolutely BS.
An “contract” in America needs 3 things, something of value (the car), a seller and buyer who agree to the term. Read the fine print, if it’s in there, walk away. If it’s not, pitch a bitch on a busy Saturday after, yelp it with the dealers name. post here, every search of something regarding 650, brings you here.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
OP - Absolutely sickening to hear about this, but unfortunately not uncommon.

I've been fighting this kind of stuff since I got into the business and it really is a shame the lengths that toxic-capitalism extends. I'll cut myself off before I rant to the moon about it...

Like others have said, do your best to buy the car at the price you agreed upon during the order process. If it can't be done, grab your deposit back and walk away. Any time you continue to do business with a company or group of people that pull that kind of crap, it positively reinforces what they are trying to accomplish. In other words, screw/scam people out of their money. Transparency is king.

Ultimately, you are the only one in charge of your decision, but for my money, I'd rather wait another half year for my car at another dealership, then give my money to that kind of scum. It's principle, IMHO.

OPTIONAL STEP: Find the person who was directly in charge of the surprise "accessories" add-on and feel free to call them any/every name in the book.

Gee and I said I wouldn't rant...

:cwl:
Sponsored