• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dealer forced Accessory Add-On's

AroDomi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger RT, 2024 Mustang GT
Hi Guys,

I'm kind of in a predicament, I ordered a Grabber Blue GT NP PP back in July and my build date is in October However my dealership received a couple of GTs this week so I decided to take a sneak peak at one and was able to drive one. (very nice in person, felt very smooth to drive) However, the point of this thread like the title implies was the non-negotiable add-on that I was not aware of when I ordered mine. I did get MSRP and price protection on my order but now the dealer let me know there are 6k add-ons to be added to the total price. I asked if maybe we could remove some since I would be having my own installed in the near future (e.g. Paint protection, tint, etc.) but was told no, "As soon as the car arrives these accessories are installed." BTW 1.5k for a digital plate?? I wanted to get some feedback from the guys on this and if maybe I should skip buying from this dealer and look elsewhere. My car has a MSRP of around 63k but with add-ons and taxes, the car is closer to 73-74k. Although it would suck to have to wait even longer I do not wanna get screwed over. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: sorry for the bad quality, not in town so asked my partner to take a picture. On the right side after the initial price you can see the listed add-ons(which btw he did not say anything till after I noticed) what do you guys think?

S650 Mustang Dealer forced Accessory Add-On's IMG_0968
Sponsored

Last edited:

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
You're literally being scammed, you should cause a scene and ask them to take off the add-ons that you didn't know about beforehand and if they don't listen then threaten to go to the media with your story. Those kinds of scumbag dealers need a heavy hand sometimes, if you act too nice they will take advantage of you. I would rather wait than get ripped off that hard. Also if they don't fix it make sure to share the name so everyone knows who to avoid.

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
There is a video on YouTube that explains this and asking to see the contract regarding it... because in the contract it states these are OPTIONAL add on and the buyer is nor required to purchase. I'll see if I can find it in my history

javiviano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Mustang
For my Dark Horse, I agreed to Paint Protection ($1,000) and no markup on mine, which was far more reasonable than my initial dealer who tacked on $10K at the time we ordered (after having several discussions about this not happening beforehand). Thankfully the original salesman (stand up guy) pointed me in the direction of another dealer who had an unclaimed allocation. Their only stipulation was the paint protection, which I accepted. Now I still wait for my car to be picked for production. Hopefully Spring?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
IMO: if itā€™s not on the order and they want to add it afterwards itā€™s on them, that ainā€™t the car I ordered.

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
Tell them to take a long walk off a short pier. Itā€™s not a GT500, its a Gt for crying out loud. You should not even contemplate putting up with this crap!!!!!!!!!

I see you are in the grand state of CA, if you were remotely close to VA I could send you to a dealer with plenty of allocation that would gladly sell at msrp or below.

Maybe travel to Granger in Iowa and literally save 10k and make it a memorable trip.

The fact that they did not disclose this up front speaks volumes. Run, donā€™t walk. And post reviews everywhere you can with factual info on this Bs.

Last edited:

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I can understand a few hundred dollars in bullshit add ons (I personally would never order from a dealer who even added $5 over MSRP) but $6k hahahahah what a joke.
A full satin wrap PPf is about $4k, a 5 year custom plate in Texas is $500, and full top of line ceramic tint is another $1000. So unless you're getting anywhere near any of that (you aren't) tell them to F off and go order somewhere else. I recommend @Zach@Granger

Shen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT, VW Beetle
No dealership should force you to purchase any accessories, not even the wheel locks. None of the dealer installed accessories are installed before the vehicle arrives the dealership. Most dealership will add a few hundred dollars of accessories, but you should be able to ask to remove all of them.

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
Sounds like they are trying roll you. They cannot force you to get PPF and window tint. That is not their call. I've never heard of Dealer enforced accessories. And, what even is a digital plate?...
It's happening all over South Florida also.

OP
OP

AroDomi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger RT, 2024 Mustang GT
For my Dark Horse, I agreed to Paint Protection ($1,000) and no markup on mine, which was far more reasonable than my initial dealer who tacked on $10K at the time we ordered (after having several discussions about this not happening beforehand). Thankfully the original salesman (stand up guy) pointed me in the direction of another dealer who had an unclaimed allocation. Their only stipulation was the paint protection, which I accepted. Now I still wait for my car to be picked for production. Hopefully Spring?
That is what makes it worse, the fact that I sat down to order my car and not a single time was the conversation brought up about the add-ons. Honestly, this whole situation left a bad taste in my mouth. To top if off the manager said straight up Nope we cannot change any of it.

To everyone who has responded to the thread, I appreciate your responses and guidance. I think I am going to cancel my order and start calling around the LA area.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Sorry to read what happened. There are some good dealers out there. Unfortunately, they are overshadowed by the others doing to you what you've been explaining to us.

Walk away and don't look back.

Please post the name and location of the dealer here.

Consider reaching out to the BBB for a formal complaint.

Post a review on Google, explaining what happened.

For these forums, the BBB and Google, be matter-of-fact about it. Continue to explain in as much detail necessary while being completely unemotional about it.

The S650 is going to be around for a while. Re-order with someone else.

Last edited:

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Wow guess I am lucky that my dealer was up front with the add ons. I agreed as I looked over the quality of the insalls and the price was good. Saves me from taking it somewhere as I wanted the things offered anyway.
Sponsored