• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Could be a bad driver. Not saying thats what happened , but riding the clutch on a 500HP car could get bad.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Earlly units got replacements ? They for sure have to replace this one because it is a total loss !
Old does not apply - this was early c6:

Inspect the clutch date code and replace the clutch kit if built PRIOR to the following date code:

• 4M21A/B/C for CTS-V and SSR

• 4M13A/B/C for Corvette

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Well, I was 50/50 on the stick or auto.
I know what I am getting now.
Even if this DH is truly a hot mess I still think the Tremec 6 spd is still the best part of the whole package...Save the manuals as you will always be able to buy an automatic...When you get old...LOL

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Wouldn’t switching the car off shut the fuel pump and possibly stop the fire cause? Am curious why wouldn’t he switch off the car the moment he stopped.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
Wouldn’t switching the car off shut the fuel pump and possibly stop the fire cause? Am curious why wouldn’t he switch off the car the moment he stopped.
If the clutch fluid, fuel, auto trans fluid, etc got all over the exhaust manifold on that side, caught on fire, it's not going out until the fire department gets there

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Still mulling this one, but...

Driving along, shifting into 5th, when the pedal goes to floor and stays there. Attempted to recover, but could not. Pulled over, engine stalled. Fire.

My initial thought is it was a hydraulic issue, a leak involving a throwout bearing failure or line running up to the Master Cylinder. In the S550, the line has been known to loosen.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/urgent-check-clutch-line-at-brake-master-cylinder.84132/

Brake fluid leaking, stuck clutch getting hot, hot exhaust, cats...Once it got lit, it just kept going.

Last edited:

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
im not a certified technician but that sounds like a slave cylinder leak that got onto the exhaust manifold or cat

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Yes. Shutting the car off would stop the pump.

But things were happening quickly. He's coming down from speed, letting the car be dragged down to a stall while negotiating highway traffic. The car might have been in Accessory Mode while resting at the side, the driver attempting to get their wits about them.

By then, it seems it was too late.

With the fire lit below on the exhaust and spreading into the engine compartment, fuel in the fuel rail and top side the engine could have contributed.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Damn seems like a nasty in incident.
I hope its not a serious defect in lots of cars

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Ford's been spending about $4B a year on recall repairs.

Previously, Ford highlighted the concern and committed to enhance quality while reducing those expenses.

Setting this issue aside, in light of all other active recalls, it would seem they're not doing much better.

Last edited:

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
Quality is definitely NOT Job 1. Ford has been going down hill for years, and yes I am well aware only the problems get attention, but the problems have risen past an acceptable rate for years. My company has leased through Ford for the past 13 years, from F250 Powerstorkes to Transit Connects(absolute POS) to Fusions, Explorers etc.) and the warranty issues and recalls are non-stop.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
It was definitely a loose fitting or leaky hydraulic line/slave cylinder causing this nasty mess...After a fire you can only hope the mother burns because you dont want it back...This thing is toast or maybe worth a few "back from the ashes episode" for a Jootuber...Definiteley not bubbles in the system/clutch pedal stuck on the bottom like om Vettes before getting the clutch hot caused this accidental engine fire ! That was definitely Qualitity is Job 1 unfortunately unless the owner put in a upgraded clutch himself...LOL At least he is ok...The rest is up to the insurance to take care of !
Sponsored