• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse Limited Availability

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I am not sure where I had heard this, but I had heard that the Dark Horse was not a limited run model. However, this is proved wrong by the fact that the Build and Price shows Limited Availability. How restricted do you think this will be?

S650 Mustang Dark Horse Limited Availability Screenshot 2023-03-28 9.29.43 PM
Sponsored

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
I am not sure where I had heard this, but I had heard that the Dark Horse was not a limited run model. However, this is proved wrong by the fact that the Build and Price shows Limited Availability. How restricted do you think this will be?

Screenshot 2023-03-28 9.29.43 PM.png
Well considering that some Dealerships are only getting (1) Allocation per dealership, Iā€™d say itā€™s pretty limited.

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150
Well considering that some Dealerships are only getting (1) Allocation per dealership, Iā€™d say itā€™s pretty limited.
Considering Ford has pretty close to 3000 dealers in the US, with each dealer having a guaranteed minimum of (1) allocation, that means min 3000 2024 Dark Horse builds. Add on the many dealers that have 5 - 15 allocations, and you have the average 21-22 Mach 1 builds of ~6k per year.

Hell, even the order guide stated ā€œMach 1ā€ now called ā€œDark Horseā€. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
The Bullitt and Mach 1 were also 'limited'...
They'll be built until a certain point in time but up until then everyone who wants one will get one.
It's marketing and has almost zero impact on its future value.

The FORD GT is limited as only a handful of people can get one but besides that cars at Ford aren' t limited.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Initially, yes. New MY. New generation. Eventually, things will settle down.

There's Limited Production and Limited Availability.

Limited Production: Ford is only going to build so many, period.

Limited Availability: Some options and features will not be available right away. It might be months (Winter conditions, Summer tires), parts, paint, etc. I encountered this with my build, placing an order in 01/2022, when the Order Guide said "Limited Availability" (delays) of as late as September (for HP parts, RSD and paint color).

I'd expect Limited Availability for all the reasons highlighted + it's a new mark; they might have new suppliers coming on line, might find production issues, assembly quirks, etc.

I'd work on what one can control. Ford is taking and people are placing orders. Interested clients should place orders with dealers that can secure an allocation. Hopefully, they'll be slight, but do be prepared for delays, re-schedules and waits.

Last edited:

Mach23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
I think the "Limited Availability" is due to transportation and limitations on parts getting to Ford. They've had trouble getting all the components that they need and want to cover orders in a smooth and timely manner. The availability to order the Handling Package on the 2023 Mach 1 was in and out of the order banks a couple of times during the year, due to a shortage of components. I think this is just a reflection of the ongoing issues with suppliers, with Ford giving customers an upfront warning that at times there may be "Limited Availability" of the model, for issues with specific parts of the car.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
When Ford comes out and says that each Dealership will get a minimum of (1) of a certain model, how can it NOT be considered Limited? If people think that there will be just as many Dark Horse models as Ecoboosts and GTs, youā€™re wrong. Just like there are fewer Mach 1s the last couple years than the other models.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
When Ford comes out and says that each Dealership will get a minimum of (1) of a certain model, how can it NOT be considered Limited? If people think that there will be just as many Dark Horse models as Ecoboosts and GTs, youā€™re wrong. Just like there are fewer Mach 1s the last couple years than the other models.
The allocation is because itā€™s new. There was no limit on Mach 1ā€˜s (except for supply issues caused by Covid) and the not be any limit on Dark Horses. The only thing that will ā€œlimitā€ them will be price. A lot more folks will buy a $40-$50k car than a $70k car.

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
Considering Ford has pretty close to 3000 dealers in the US, with each dealer having a guaranteed minimum of (1) allocation, that means min 3000 2024 Dark Horse builds. Add on the many dealers that have 5 - 15 allocations, and you have the average 21-22 Mach 1 builds of ~6k per year.

Hell, even the order guide stated ā€œMach 1ā€ now called ā€œDark Horseā€. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
The DarkHorse took over the 600A and 700A thatā€™s why.

kwalt21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lightning
My dealership only got 1 allocation for Dark Horse for 2024

kwalt21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lightning
The allocation is because itā€™s new. There was no limit on Mach 1ā€˜s (except for supply issues caused by Covid) and the not be any limit on Dark Horses. The only thing that will ā€œlimitā€ them will be price. A lot more folks will buy a $40-$50k car than a $70k car.
Allocation is not based off whether a product is new or not.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Allocation is not based off whether a product is new or not.
Come on, stop mincing words. Itā€™s a new model with limited production at the start. Therefore the allocations. Once full production gets up to speed the allocations will end. Anybody that wants a Dark House will get one.

kwalt21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lightning
Come on, stop mincing words. Itā€™s a new model with limited production at the start. Therefore the allocations. Once full production gets up to speed the allocations will end. Anybody that wants a Dark House will get one.
Literally every vehicle is allocation based. It doesn't matter whether its retail, fleet or stock. Guess how I know?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Thatā€™s weird. I couldnā€™t even order a Mach 1 here until mid 2022. No one had Mach 1 allocations and many didnā€™t even know what it is.
Sponsored