• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse Markup

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
Just wanted to update to this story. So the dealer I ordered a DH through refused to take the mark up off and I did not take delivery of the car. Well it turns out after 2 months of not being able to sell it they sold it just to another dealer at MRSP never once did that try reaching out. The GM had something to prove I guess. Though to end on a good note I am now the owner of a 69 Hurst Olds just got the title time to start the full rebuild. Photos of the Hurst included

S650 Mustang Dark Horse Markup Hurst 1

S650 Mustang Dark Horse Markup Hurst 2

S650 Mustang Dark Horse Markup Hurst 4
Sponsored

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
The Hurst Olds will hold value much better long term...... plus is definitely more unique....
I have owned mostly classic cars my entire life- and have my car now because I needed something low maintenance

OP
OP

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
The Hurst Olds will hold value much better long term...... plus is definitely more unique....
I have owned mostly classic cars my entire life- and have my car now because I needed something low maintenance
For sure. I am not worried about the value really mainly cause I cannot sell it. Thats one of things my dad made me promise to do. It is to become a family car

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Good on you mate! Refuse markups! Their loss! You could actually report it to FoMoCo if you still know the VIN and order number. By doing that - the dealers allocations moving forward will be tighter.

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
Initially when I ordered my dark horse, I had a $5000 markup I’ve been waiting so long for the car. My dealer already removed that mark up another reason why they did that is the market changed there’s a lot of dark horses on the ground available for sale that if you walk in you can make a deal on below MSRP when my car comes in I’m going for six or 7% off MSRP. There’s a comparable car with the exact options that I ordered 10 miles from me in stock at the dealer they’re showing it on cars.com at MSRP it’s 0° in my state right now if you don’t think I can’t walk in and buy that car for 5% off today you’d be mistaken.

OP
OP

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
Yea when the DH I ordered came in they still wanted a 10k mark up. When just earlier I was a dealer that had a DH on the lot for MSRP just 30 minutes away. The GM laughed in my face and told me I should have just bought that one. We left and they were never able to sell the DH so I got the last laugh. Also now I have the 69 hurst to work on and I am just using the payments I would have on the DH to restore the hurst

Habu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 T Bird
Hey, know how you feel. So far shopping in Northern California, there is $5k,10K, 15K and 20K markup, highest in L A area. Crazy. Not willing to pay sales tax on dealer profit, does not make any sense! I'll just keep driving my 1966 Pontiac GTO.

S650 Mustang Dark Horse Markup DSC00007.JPG

S650 Mustang Dark Horse Markup DSC00008.JPG

S650 Mustang Dark Horse Markup DSC00017.JPG

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Initially when I ordered my dark horse, I had a $5000 markup I’ve been waiting so long for the car. My dealer already removed that mark up another reason why they did that is the market changed there’s a lot of dark horses on the ground available for sale that if you walk in you can make a deal on below MSRP when my car comes in I’m going for six or 7% off MSRP. There’s a comparable car with the exact options that I ordered 10 miles from me in stock at the dealer they’re showing it on cars.com at MSRP it’s 0° in my state right now if you don’t think I can’t walk in and buy that car for 5% off today you’d be mistaken.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Request them to offer you the car at MSRP or less, if not walk out and keep looking! I went to my dealership and spoke to nice guy who is willing to offer MSRP only! Then I found out I was the first person to buy Dark Horse out of their dealership! Sales guy and I talk to each other from time to time! We were doing good texting each other on some questions regarding the DH!

fordvideoguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2020 F-150
Good on you mate! Refuse markups! Their loss! You could actually report it to FoMoCo if you still know the VIN and order number. By doing that - the dealers allocations moving forward will be tighter.
Reporting them to Ford won't hurt the dealer. Dealers can sell vehicles for whatever price they want. It would not affect the dealer's allocations. That is a set formula based on sales volume within their region and current in stock, in transit, and scheduled orders to be built.

With that said, I can say that the mark value on the Dark Horse is MSRP, not over MSRP. We had a handling package Dark Horse that sold at $1500 below MSRP.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Interesting! That’s not what I heard about dealers. In Cali - getting a HP or non HP with tremec at MSRP is next to impossible for the commons.
Autos are plenty here too and are sitting at lots forever.

steyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP1 Rapid Red
I'd call around. I ended up with a GT, but was going to originally get a Dark Horse and a local dealer offered it to me for sticker. It was a DH Premium, but it did not have the HP.
Sponsored