• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse MSRP + Markups ... no way to buy !!

DashSTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Dark Horse
Very sad, but I decided not to buy my DH now
S650 Mustang Dark Horse MSRP + Markups ... no way to buy !! 1f622

DH has been arrived and stopped by the dealer. Somehow my original sales guy was not there and his sales manager came to me and showed me my ordered DH.

Very nice and me and my wife got super excited.

After that, we went back to his office then he showed me the price. Although I did contract with my original salesman to order and buy by MSRP without any markups. Actually I stopped by all bay area dealers. Other dealers told me some markups will be applied. But he promised me no markups. So that's the reason we decided to to order and buy here.

However, the sales manager put >10k markups finally. My wife got super upset
S650 Mustang Dark Horse MSRP + Markups ... no way to buy !! 1f621

We lost the trust ... I cannot buy without good trust and relationship and I need to be my wife side always.

So if you want to have DH now, ready to drive back to home immediately if you don't care >10k markups to pay. I'll pass you the contact. You can have DH today.
S650 Mustang Dark Horse MSRP + Markups ... no way to buy !! 1695391271547
S650 Mustang Dark Horse MSRP + Markups ... no way to buy !! 1695391518215
S650 Mustang Dark Horse MSRP + Markups ... no way to buy !! 1695391390345

S650 Mustang Dark Horse MSRP + Markups ... no way to buy !! 1695391348660
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Absolutely ridiculous! Your were right to walk. You can join those of us on here that ordered a GT instead because if this very reason. You can try Granger and see what they can do for you.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
1f622.png

DH has been arrived and stopped by the dealer. Somehow my original sales guy was not there and his sales manager came to me and showed me my ordered DH.

After that, we went back to his office then he showed me the price. Although I did contract with my original salesman to order and buy by MSRP without any markups. Actually I stopped by all bay area dealers. Other dealers told me some markups will be applied. But he promised me no markups. So that's the reason we decided to to order and buy here.

1f621.png

We lost the trust ... I cannot buy without good trust and relationship and I need to be my wife side always.

So if you want to have DH now, ready to drive back to home immediately if you don't care >10k markups to pay. I'll pass you the contact. You can have DH today.
1695391271547.png
1695391518215.png
1695391390345.png

1695391348660.png
You're worrying the pee out of me. I did exactly the same thing and also agreed (signed "contract") on MSRP and no markups except some stupid $1,000 dealership admin processing fee.

The fine print at the bottom does say that the "contract" I signed was not a real contract, just some irrelevant piece of paper subject to change. I'm sure it only goes one way if I decided to back out of the deal, but does not apply to them.

The car is reportedly in town about to be delivered to the dealership today or Monday. I can only hope they don't pull the same switcharoonie with me. I will NOT pay any more than the original agreement, but will not simply walk away either without a whole lotta trouble for them.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
Absolutely ridiculous! Your were right to walk. You can join those of us on here that ordered a GT instead because if this very reason. You can try Granger and see what they can do for you.
What exactly is Granger? I keep hearing about it. Is it a dealership somwhere in the US? Online ordering system? Industrial and Construction Supply?

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
What exactly is Granger? I keep hearing about it. Is it a dealership somwhere in the US? Online ordering system? Industrial and Construction Supply?
Dealer in Iowa. Has given some folks here great deals. MSRP for Dark Horse from what I gather.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Dealer in Iowa. Has given some folks here great deals. MSRP for Dark Horse from what I gather.
The waitlist is deep for DH with Granger. But you can get below MSRP and maybe even below invoice (sorry memory is shot and I'm too lazy to search) on the other trims

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
1f622.png

1f621.png

1695391271547.png
1695391518215.png
1695391390345.png

1695391348660.png
You need to let Ford know about this! They said their dealers should not do this. If it was discussed and agreed ahead of time that is one thing, but to do this at delivery is ridiculous! Is it really worth the dealership loosing a customer (potentially one who will purchase multiple vehicles in the future) for $10k? It will actually be only $2-5K because I do not think the will get $10k over.

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My dark horse is built waiting shipment. My dealer called me they want my 19 GT now. He gave me a trade in for it and it is higher than I thought it would be. They held to the price they offered when I ordered it which was invoice. I was pleasantly surprised.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Good on you. :clap: You were right to walk. :thumbsup:

Plenty of other dealers. Park your $ in a Money Market or CD and place an order elsewhere after the New Year.

Last edited:

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
1f622.png

1f621.png

1695391271547.png
1695391518215.png
1695391390345.png

1695391348660.png

[/does your original sales guy still work there? I would raise Hell, but thatā€™s just me, and I would get back a hold of your original sales guy if he still works there, and let him know. When I ordered my first one, my sales guy told me it should be right around the price that was on there, of course, it was just a GT, And even though I had placed the order for a second one, because I had to cancel the first one which I actually ended up getting, They had up the price 5000 but for me they gave it to me for what was on my paper

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
1f622.png

1f621.png

1695391271547.png
1695391518215.png
1695391390345.png

1695391348660.png
There are a lot of dark horses on here. Wasnā€™t sure what all your specs were, but maybe one of these DH will come close

https://www.kbb.com/cars-for-sale/a...MUST|6-Speed Manual,MUST|Dark Horse&zip=29620

OP
OP

DashSTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Dark Horse
Wow, thanks for your info.
Very interesting what tons of DHs are there šŸ˜†

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
if you agreed on a price ahead of time and now they are trying to add $10k they are not a dealer you would want to do business with anyways. the general manager or owner should be contacted if they have not already

Last edited: