• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse MSRP + Markups ... no way to buy !!

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
The 24 Mustangs and DHs are loading up on the lots around here- tons on lots...still haven't seen a single one on the street.

The closest dealer to me has had 6 GTs on the lot the last 3 weeks or so - just wait....eventually they will stop asking over MSRP when they realize they are not selling

There is one dealer by me with multiple DH- mark up is now down to 3K over sticker
I went and looked at one About half an hour away from us yesterday, they’re not for me! It’s not that the car was bad looking, But did not look a whole lot different than the GT I have, and the front end of them are down so low, that any little bumpy take you could take a chance of scruff ing up the bottom of your car I said no thank you, And they had the price marked out and I don’t know what they were asking for at least 10,000 more than it’s worth so my remark was even if I wanted it there’s no way I can give you over MSRP and I probably would not even give you MSRP on it. And I went on my merry way to Sam’s Club
Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I saw my first GT out in the wild yesterday. Vapor Blue GT premium with PP.It was very nice and sounded awesome with the H pipe he told me he added.

Last edited:

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
You're worrying the pee out of me. I did exactly the same thing and also agreed (signed "contract") on MSRP and no markups except some stupid $1,000 dealership admin processing fee.

The fine print at the bottom does say that the "contract" I signed was not a real contract, just some irrelevant piece of paper subject to change. I'm sure it only goes one way if I decided to back out of the deal, but does not apply to them.

The car is reportedly in town about to be delivered to the dealership today or Monday. I can only hope they don't pull the same switcharoonie with me. I will NOT pay any more than the original agreement, but will not simply walk away either without a whole lotta trouble for them.
Update to my previous post:

Took delivery of the Rucio last Friday, everything was in order. The car looked like a bag of ass, but that's because I told them not to clean it. The dealer took it off transport mode and parked it.

***THANKS to whoever said to check the front end for coil blocks (in the "car feels floaty" thread), mine were still in. Dealer removed them after I pointed them out.***

Credit goes to Autonation Orange Park, they honored the deal as originally signed, even pre-gas guzzler tax increase.

Side note: apparently this dealership had 2-3 DH allocations, and all are sold. Mine was the only one that sold for MSRP, the rest were reportedly marked up $15K.

The car is impeccable, with no paint defects (normal slight orange peel) and acceptable panel gaps. The transmission is still learning, but a whole better than the undecisive idiot it was when rolling off the dealership. But, oh that coyote sound...

While my DH was waiting for pickup there were several interested people doing their best John Belushi /Jake Blues impersonation ("sell me your weemin! How much for the weemin!?"). I also spotted one person who drove by my house, stopped, reversed, got out, and snapped pictures of the Rucio Moro gleaming in the driveway.

Yea, I feel good!

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Update to my previous post:

Took delivery of the Rucio last Friday, everything was in order. The car looked like a bag of ass, but that's because I told them not to clean it. The dealer took it off transport mode and parked it.

***THANKS to whoever said to check the front end for coil blocks (in the "car feels floaty" thread), mine were still in. Dealer removed them after I pointed them out.***

Credit goes to Autonation Orange Park, they honored the deal as originally signed, even pre-gas guzzler tax increase.

Side note: apparently this dealership had 2-3 DH allocations, and all are sold. Mine was the only one that sold for MSRP, the rest were reportedly marked up $15K.

The car is impeccable, with no paint defects (normal slight orange peel) and acceptable panel gaps. The transmission is still learning, but a whole better than the undecisive idiot it was when rolling off the dealership. But, oh that coyote sound...

While my DH was waiting for pickup there were several interested people doing their best John Belushi /Jake Blues impersonation ("sell me your weemin! How much for the weemin!?"). I also spotted one person who drove by my house, stopped, reversed, got out, and snapped pictures of the Rucio Moro gleaming in the driveway.

Yea, I feel good!
Want pictures!
Sponsored