• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse MSRP + Markups ... no way to buy !!

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
And there are tons on there above MRSP. Did you just ignore what I said? I don't care there are others "listed" at MSRP who really knows if that is what they are going to sell for. Cause you know it cost me money and time to get one that is no where near me
Well, some could be near you! That’s why I sent them. Sorry, I just don’t understand why anyone would pay more for a car than it is worth? Especially since you ordered it.

Last edited:

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
Well, some could be near you! That’s why I sent them. Sorry, I just don’t u derstand why anyone would pay more for a car than it is worth? Especially since you ordered it.
Worth is determined by the person. The worth of it is more to me than you

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only thing that sucks is most likely that will slap a higher mark up now since you didn't take it. That's my only guess. My dealer said they have had other dealers calling them trying to get a dark horse for buyers that are offering up to 20k plus over sticker
Don’t believe everything the dealers say. More like they know nobody else will come around and pay them a lot more than it’s worth. There are a lot of people that believe everything that is told to you by a car dealer. They are taught to be very good lairs! The OP did the right thing. He will be able to get a lot better deal somewhere else and either 1 They will end up selling it to a fool, or they’ll have to bring the price down because people know what they run and then I’m gonna pay as much for them as you would a Corvette

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
Don’t believe everything the dealers say. More like they know nobody else will come around and pay them a lot more than it’s worth. There are a lot of people that believe everything that is told to you by a car dealer. They are taught to be very good lairs! The OP did the right thing. He will be able to get a lot better deal somewhere else and either 1 They will end up selling it to a fool, or they’ll have to bring the price down because people know what they run and then I’m gonna pay as much for them as you would a Corvette
Okay cool. I still don't think you get the point. I don't want a Corvette. I don't want a different car. I want a Dark horse and I would do the same thing as OP if I was told there was no markup and then there was on delivery. Had time to think about this one. Order the exact one I want and get it in and not have to travel for it. I know what I'm getting and I know what's happening. My dad also bought a GT500 for less than what I'm paying hell even less than MSRP of a Dark horse, but I don't want something else. If you want a Corvette go get a Corvette

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer did MSRP and didn't pull bait and switch on arrival. Heritage Ford Corydon, IN.
Mine did too, and had they, I would have walked away. That way unlike the other person said(which I am assuming he is much younger than me)these dealers will learn people aren’t going to pay more than what msrp is. There will always be another car out there that would be just as good if not better. But, live and learn.
If you let people walk all over you, they will continue doing it.

OP
OP

DashSTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Dark Horse
Absolutely ridiculous! Your were right to walk. You can join those of us on here that ordered a GT instead because if this very reason. You can try Granger and see what they can do for you.
Thanks for your info.
Could you let me know more details about Granger ?
I have no idea what it Granger. Is it Granger Ford IA ?

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Thanks for your info.
Could you let me know more details about Granger ?
I have no idea what it Granger. Is it Granger Ford IA ?
Yes. Granger Ford in Iowa. @Blueberrystang2000 works at a dealer in Louisiana, too. You could hit him up and see what he can do for you.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol before it’s all said and done, someone that has done their homework will tell them where to go.
People everywhere spend well over msrp. People need to make decisions best for them, but to think dealers won't get 10-20k over msrp is just crazy. Of course they will sell and get every penny of the ADM's
not of people do their homework first.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol before it’s all said and done, someone that has done their homework will tell them where to go.
not of people do their homework first.
Well, a lot of people should know mustangs don’t cost as much as a corvette! You can tell when you buy the things that they’re not made as well as like my Audi I just got rid of, which was also a convertible. I paid as much for Audi as I did the mustang. But I sure love the manual in this car.
Sponsored