• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse Limited Availability

TexasQ750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Q750 Mustang
My local dealership in little old Boerne, Tx has 4 DH allocations for for MY24. I was fortunate to get the first allocation and went all in. Blue Ember 6 speed and only box not checked was the painted stripe. Will see if the CF wheels delay shipment. Really looking forward to seeing it in person.
Sponsored

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
I am not sure where I had heard this, but I had heard that the Dark Horse was not a limited run model. However, this is proved wrong by the fact that the Build and Price shows Limited Availability. How restricted do you think this will be?

Screenshot 2023-03-28 9.29.43 PM.png
What I have heard is they will only make 2500 Dark Horses in 2024.

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ā€˜22 Maverick, ā€˜23 Escape
And what trusted source did you hear that from?
Exactly.
We know that is not accurate since every dealer gets at least one, and there are 3100 dealerships.
Tim Bartz said they got 5, mine got 3, and we have already of several others that got multiples.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
There will probably be no less than 3500 built. Assuming there is demand for that many. If there are no parts or customer shortages we could see 5000 or a LOT more in the follow-on years. I suspect however that about 5000/yr will be the limit simply because there are no customers beyond that point. The Bullitt sold 8000+4000.

Just because a dealer only got 'one' allocation so far, does not mean come say July they can't start ordering more.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
These days the only thing I believe will be limited will be the people who want them.

DARK HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO,2021 JL RUBICON,2022F150 TREMOR
Limited only due to parts availability to build them and chips since these cars are chip hogs!!

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly.
We know that is not accurate since every dealer gets at least one, and there are 3100 dealerships.
Tim Bartz said they got 5, mine got 3, and we have already of several others that got multiples.
I had 2 dealerships tell me this. However, they wanted over MSRP so maybe they were using that number to justify it. I didn't order mine from either of them. I also, have not done any real research on the matter, hence "heard". Either way it is still a limited number of DH allocations.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Im assuming it will be Mach 1 production levels. A little over 6k for a regular model year per the counts on M6G. (3k for 2023 short model year) Im assuming 6-8k for 2024 because its a long model year. 3 year run with 15-20k total including overseas.

They got the numbers for the 2020 gt350 production recently, maybe they will release Mach 1 numbers and Dark Horse numbers too eventually.

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ā€˜22 Maverick, ā€˜23 Escape
I had 2 dealerships tell me this. However, they wanted over MSRP so maybe they were using that number to justify it. I didn't order mine from either of them. I also, have not done any real research on the matter, hence "heard". Either way it is still a limited number of DH allocations.
That is strange. They are confusing something, or playing games like you said.
Either way, yes, it is limited.
Who knows if Ford will add more later or not. Iā€™m 6th (maybe 5th) in line at my dealership and they have only 3 allocations. If I can get this first model year, then great. If not, better for my wallet.
At least I have time for a ā€˜24 to come in and see the interior in person.

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is strange. They are confusing something, or playing games like you said.
Either way, yes, it is limited.
Who knows if Ford will add more later or not. Iā€™m 6th (maybe 5th) in line at my dealership and they have only 3 allocations. If I can get this first model year, then great. If not, better for my wallet.
At least I have time for a ā€˜24 to come in and see the interior in person.
Yes, a lot of unknowns. But I am excited about owning the DH either way! I already have my order in! Call around to small dealerships. I think there are many unused allocations.
Sponsored