• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark horse is nice but....

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
It awesome hearing and watching all these reviews on the dark horse but kind of a sucker punch to gut knowing that dealerships wanna charge 10-20k over MSRP to get one. I had my hopes and dreams set to get one before it came down to actually finding a dealership to give me an allocation at a reasonable price. Do you think in years to come we will be able to get a Dark without all this crazy mark up crap?
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
If you’re okay with “years” as you alluded to, contact the guy on here Zach with Granger Ford

Supposedly selling DHs at MSRP but the list is longer than the southern border

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
It awesome hearing and watching all these reviews on the dark horse but kind of a sucker punch to gut knowing that dealerships wanna charge 10-20k over MSRP to get one. I had my hopes and dreams set to get one before it came down to actually finding a dealership to give me an allocation at a reasonable price. Do you think in years to come we will be able to get a Dark without all this crazy mark up crap?
Did you actually think you were gonna walk in and grab one without a big chunk of ADM?

Hopes and dreams? Really?

Last edited:

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Did you actually think you were gonna walk in and grab one without a big chunk of ADM?

Hopes and dreams? Really?
Yes it would have been my 5th mustang I have owned. Honestly Ford shouldn't allow such dealers markup. Eventually someday I hope they cut out the dealer and go for more of the Tesla model.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
If you don't mind waiting, you will definitely find one for MSRP...and in the not too distant future, under MSRP.

The other option is to find yourself a broker/consultant who has a passion for these things and they can find you one. I do exactly that (Canada only, sorry) and am willing to bet there are some good ones in and around your state. You could also do their job yourself, if you have some free time, by just looking through inventories and calling around.

Winter months are a good time to buy, especially up here and also being direct with a dealership helps. Some dealers still want to play games, but if you walk in with a brick of cash and say you'll buy the car today, on the spot...well, money talks.

Chin up, mate!

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
If you don't mind waiting, you will definitely find one for MSRP...and in the not too distant future, under MSRP.

The other option is to find yourself a broker/consultant who has a passion for these things and they can find you one. I do exactly that (Canada only, sorry) and am willing to bet there are some good ones in and around your state. You could also do their job yourself, if you have some free time, by just looking through inventories and calling around.

Winter months are a good time to buy, especially up here and also being direct with a dealership helps. Some dealers still want to play games, but if you walk in with a brick of cash and say you'll buy the car today, on the spot...well, money talks.

Chin up, mate!
Great info thanks 👍

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Great info thanks 👍
What part of FL are you in? If you're relatively close to the AL side, then I would highly suggest making yourself a cargurus/autotrader search setup to look in MS, AL, even west GA for cars once they start arriving. I've had good luck finding stuff at decent pricing a few times over the last several years. A days worth of driving could save you thousands of dollars. Stay away from ATL, and outside of Nashville, TN though. LOL. They kept ADMs for months while the region I suggested had cars under MSRP. If you're in South FL, sorry for the paragraph :crackup:

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Ford has stated if it caught any dealership padding the MSRP, it would cut back the dealership's allocation of new vehicles (a slap on the wrist). So far, I haven't heard of cutting back anyone's allocation and the dealers are still padding the MSRP.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I heard Ford wasn’t going to let the dealers do that.
My brother ordered one of the new electric trucks from Ford, gave them a down payment, etc. and then they called and said they were going to up it $10,000. My brother told them to forget it. Then they called back and said they were going to add that because they were having a lot of complaints, go figure, he told them sorry, I decided to get a vet instead, and that’s exactly what he did

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I heard Ford wasn’t going to let the dealers do that.
My brother ordered one of the new electric trucks from Ford, gave them a down payment, etc. and then they called and said they were going to up it $10,000. My brother told them to forget it. Then they called back and said they were going to add that because they were having a lot of complaints, go figure, he told them sorry, I decided to get a vet instead, and that’s exactly what he did
Ford can only threaten to limit allocations as far as I’m aware

Pig dealers are protected by outdated franchise laws. Really restricts what OEMs can do
Sponsored