• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
I understand that it is fluid and can change. I was just saying they received their PROJECTED total MY allotment. This the email all dealers received.
B001D443-6C00-4B48-A730-BF901F4C96FF.jpeg
Thanks for the clarification, however a bit unclear as to what is meant by "Base Allocation", and reference is made to Monthly Dealership Allocations:

S650 Mustang Confirmed: 2024 Mustang Order Banks + Build & Price Open 3/27, OKTB Expected Early Summer 1677378649651
Sponsored

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
to me that screenshot sounds like they can recalculate the annual allocation every month. But that being said, 75,000 units (as posted above) across 3000 dealers = 25 units/dealer. probably a little less if you consider some have to go for exports, fleet sales.

Then again, my math tells me 75k cars produced over an extended model year run seems small - even with it being new body style and the catch-all supply chain "constraints"

So I'm wondering what game they're playing when it's been mentioned here that some dealers are getting allocations in the single digits for all mustangs. Are some seeing allocations in the mid/high double digits? And we just haven't found them?

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
to me that screenshot sounds like they can recalculate the annual allocation every month. But that being said, 75,000 units (as posted above) across 3000 dealers = 25 units/dealer. probably a little less if you consider some have to go for exports, fleet sales.

Then again, my math tells me 75k cars produced over an extended model year run seems small - even with it being new body style and the catch-all supply chain "constraints"

So I'm wondering what game they're playing when it's been mentioned here that some dealers are getting allocations in the single digits for all mustangs. Are some seeing allocations in the mid/high double digits? And we just haven't found them?
Over an 18 month period it would equate to 112,500 to 183,600 units between 3000 Dealers = 37.5 - 61.2 each average.

Those Sales Figures Exclude ALL Export Markets - are for the US Market only.

Last edited:

AussieBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nil
Over an 18 month period it would equate to 112,500 to 183,600 units between 3000 Dealers = 37.5 - 61.2 each average.

Those Sales Figures Exclude ALL Export Markets - are for the US Market only.
I get the feeling Ford are not confident in their supply chain and are preparing for a constrained production run due to continuing issues. If we take the numbers @Blueberrystang2000 quoted that they were going to get as the average, that would give 75,000 ish across the US for the 18 months.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out for the export market noting we were already constrained ...

Rate_of_Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO, 22 Triumph Speed Twin
I get the feeling Ford are not confident in their supply chain and are preparing for a constrained production run due to continuing issues. If we take the numbers @Blueberrystang2000 quoted that they were going to get as the average, that would give 75,000 ish across the US for the 18 months.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out for the export market noting we were already constrained ...
This could be a case of under promise, over deliver. If you promise and dealers take deposits on 125k cars and you can only make 60k, you’re screwed. On the inverse, if you aim to produce 125k and promise 60k and demand shows the need for 125k now you can roll production out, keep interest high, and dealers realistic with promises.

That being said, I am determined to have the Tremec and I’m not confident in my ability to get a DH in the first 18months so I may have to consider a Mach 1 or even a SS 1LE

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yes the Supply Chain issues are having a real impact on Production, however Jim Farley says that although he sees a continuation well into this year, they have initiated systemic improvements:

...........“I have stopped forecasting,” Jim Farley said in regards to when he believes these issues might end. “I mean, bottom line is we think it’s going to happen continuing in the foreseeable future. I think we’re very good at dealing with these now. We’re gotten better and better, more efficient in helping our suppliers find labor, whatever it takes. It does feel like Whac-A-Mole, but we’re getting better at doing that.”

“And I guess I think we should kind of count on this happening for some time. I don’t think the labor market’s going to ease any time soon. It has a big impact on us, so we’re kind of running our business now and have developed a bit of a rhythm around this challenges that we’re seeing. And I think it’s going to extend way into next year. Does it end at next year or year after or halfway through? I don’t know. I don’t think we should count on any of that.”.................

Ford CEO Jim Farley Says Supply Chain Issues Are Here To Stay (fordauthority.com)

BreadBurner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
This could be a case of under promise, over deliver. If you promise and dealers take deposits on 125k cars and you can only make 60k, you’re screwed. On the inverse, if you aim to produce 125k and promise 60k and demand shows the need for 125k now you can roll production out, keep interest high, and dealers realistic with promises.

That being said, I am determined to have the Tremec and I’m not confident in my ability to get a DH in the first 18months so I may have to consider a Mach 1 or even a SS 1LE
Yeah I also started to take a hard look at the current options and despite deadset on wanting a DH with a dealership offering a lifetime powertrain warranty, I might end up going with a used Mach 1 with the Handling Package or a 2SS 1LE when I'm ready to hit the market come 2026. I know a lot can happen in three years, but better to keep my options open instead of closed.

Rate_of_Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO, 22 Triumph Speed Twin
Yeah I also started to take a hard look at the current options and despite deadset on wanting a DH with a dealership offering a lifetime powertrain warranty, I might end up going with a used Mach 1 with the Handling Package or a 2SS 1LE when I'm ready to hit the market come 2026. I know a lot can happen in three years, but better to keep my options open instead of closed.
Well, if considering new, 23 or 24 at the latest will be the last year for the Camaro (most likely)

Korvus15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Dark Horse base price leak was spot on
So if my math is correct, that's a roughly 6% increase from MY2023

Seems a bit steep IMO, although with the rate of inflation & supply chain problems (not to mention it being a new generation model), it could have been worse.

What worries me now is the option pricing, lol...

EDIT: Was referring to the GT Premium and meant to quote @JRocket13
Sponsored

Last edited: