• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cancel X-Plan Purchase. Can I submit another one?

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
So my dealer sucks. Zero communication, VIN look up doesn't show active exhaust or grey/black stripe. My production date is 11/13/2023, So my question is, if I cancel this order, how do I go about submitting another X-plan order from a different dealer who has agreed to an X-plan price? Do I have to generate a new PIN or is the one I have still usable because the plan says 1 car per year.... Thanks for any advice !
Sponsored

OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Thanks guys... So my plan is to visit the dealer I ordered from and cancel that order and then head to the other dealer and place an order using the same PIN.. Hopefully it works.

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW i4 M50; 2024 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks guys... So my plan is to visit the dealer I ordered from and cancel that order and then head to the other dealer and place an order using the same PIN.. Hopefully it works.
When I ordered from my dealer, I didn't have to provide them with a PIN at the time of order. I provided them the PIN at the time of purchase.

OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
When I ordered from my dealer, I didn't have to provide them with a PIN at the time of order. I provided them the PIN at the time of purchase.
They took my print outs of X-Plan Build and PIN... Wonder what they are doing with it? They refused to give me a copy of the Bill Of Sale, claiming it most likely will change upon delivery and was non binding.. I can't believe this is a premier Mustang dealer.. Real slimy..

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They took my print outs of X-Plan Build and PIN... Wonder what they are doing with it? They refused to give me a copy of the Bill Of Sale, claiming it most likely will change upon delivery.. I can't believe this is a premier Mustang dealer.. Real slimy..
I got nothing from the dealer when I placed my order--did it over the phone. I didn't even have to give them a deposit. I did receive an e-mail from Ford the next day confirming my order. It wasn't until my window sticker became available was I able to see whether or not everything was correct. I think I received two e-mails from the dealership in between the order and the arrival simply asking me if I had any questions.

Last edited:

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Something isn't adding up with your dealer. Run fast away.

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
Maybe post what state you are in and a member can recommend a good dealer. I had a good encounter at Ourisman of Manassas in December but have since reproached my previous sales person for another purchase and he’s been horrible to deal with.

I tried to purchase a 2024 Mustang from Ourisman last week for my wife but ended up going to a dealer in NC who actually seemed motivated to sell a car. I

The Dealers primary job is to take every penny from you, as long as that’s understood and that they are not your friend you will not be disappointed.

OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Something isn't adding up with your dealer. Run fast away.
Yep.. My antennas are up. They will only do a deal with financing even though I am paying cash. I realize I can pay it off the next day although the dealer claims 6 months which I call as BS. I filled out a Ford Credit application, but they have not run it yet. Also they pushed the usual high mark up crap on me and basically claimed they have to pay for the 100k powertrain warranty, which is free, somehow. I've been buying cars for 30+ years and know the slimy tactics but this one tops them all... I'm going to the local mom pop Ford dealer, who sells mostly trucks, and seeing what they can do. They have already sent me a build sheet and aside from some "Advertising Assessment" fee for $200 it seems good... I though X-Plan was exempt from these charges? What is this anyway?

OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Maybe post what state you are in and a member can recommend a good dealer. I had a good encounter at Ourisman of Manassas in December but have since reproached my previous sales person for another purchase and he’s been horrible to deal with.

I tried to purchase a 2024 Mustang from Ourisman last week for my wife but ended up going to a dealer in NC who actually seemed motivated to sell a car. I

The Dealers primary job is to take every penny from you, as long as that’s understood and that they are not your friend you will not be disappointed.
I'm in NY, Eastern Long Island... I looked at online reviews and there are many negative posts, some of which mention my particular salesman by name. The local Mustang clubs I belong to recommended this dealer who deals in Roush and Saleen cars as well.

Last edited:

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep.. My antennas are up. They will only do a deal with financing even though I am paying cash. I realize I can pay it off the next day although the dealer claims 6 months which I call as BS. I filled out a Ford Credit application, but they have not run it yet. Also they pushed the usual high mark up crap on me and basically claimed they have to pay for the 100k powertrain warranty, which is free, somehow. I've been buying cars for 30+ years and know the slimy tactics but this one tops them all... I'm going to the local mom pop Ford dealer, who sells mostly trucks, and seeing what they can do. They have already sent me a build sheet and aside from some "Advertising Assessment" fee for $200 it seems good... I though X-Plan was exempt from these charges? What is this anyway?
I believe that X-Plan caps documentation fees at $100.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
addition, a $275 administration fee is included in the Plan price to cover the costs of managing the New Vehicle Purchase Program (this amount should NOT be added to the X-Plan price. Doc fee is $100.
Sponsored