• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Buyer's remorse

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Definitely try the paddles. It's not the same as using a clutch, but it's better than letting the A10 select your gears . Using the paddles, it will stay in the gear until the paddle is used.

In a straight line the 10R80 is faster if left to shift by its own devices.
Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 GT vert A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 6MT
In a straight line the 10R80 is faster if left to shift by its own devices.
Would you say that is true even when the 10R80 decides to do a 6800 rpm short shift from 6-7? I was thinking if one were using the paddles he could hold it in the lower gear longer.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/10r80-6-7-gear-shifts-at-lower-rpm.195328/

Of course, two things may be wrong with my plan:

1. It may hit the limiter at 6800 in 6th regardless of paddle shifting or not.
2. It may hit peak HP by 6800 anyway so maybe thereā€™s no advantage to holding it in 6th longer.

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Boss 302
Well, I reached out to another dealer and they gave me the exact same trade on price as the first one. Way way too low to even consider going forward with Manual. It's time to fully embrace the A10.šŸ“šŸ˜
I would wait a month or so and try again, you may see better price when spring hits, and the dealers think they can flip quicker.

jaykoolzboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lightning ER, Hyundai Kona EV, BMW iX 50
Similar story.

Got the 24 GT Stick Base back in September of 2023, droved little over 2.5k miles, then decided this is not the car I expected for many reasons that includes but not limited to

1. I thought I am going to love the V8 roars until I notice EV's whispering sound is more of my taste (we have 3 EVS as of now, F150 Lightning Lariat ER, BMW iX 50 and Kona EV, we are planning to buy a CPO Taycan in the future to replace the 24 GT)

2. The MPG and gas price (getting 15MPG and SoCal gas was at $5 per gallon, it's not all about the money, but rather the return per gallon for smile is very low compare to our other car)

3. Mustang's insurance is higher than our BMW iX (102K MSRP) and F 150 Lightning (80K MSRP), again not about the price rather than I feel the return of happiness isn't worth the extra pennies.

4. Hate the smell of petrol, after all those years of EVs, I guess I am just getting use to no petrol smells.

5. Performance isn't what I expected, I thought 480HP GT going to thrill me in a different way than our quick EVs, but it's just not happening.

Learned my lesson, sold it to Carmax for 39K (bought it for 43K + tax, ouch ...) it could be worse, but this should've been a weekly or even month rental than a purchsase for me.

Understand your pain, will not make the same mistake again.

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
The S650 desperately needs the ZF 8 speed for it's automatic transmission option.
The ZF8 is probably the best automatic non DC transmission made to date. Although the A10 is fine and I actually quite like it, Iā€™d happily pay a little more if it meant getting the ZF8 instead

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Thatā€˜s certainly cool too.

Iā€™ve got a couple of V8 A10s myself and really enjoy them. Iā€™ve decided Iā€™m gonna bone up on paddle shifting in ā€œSā€ position on the selector and see how I like it. One of mine, the Mach 1 A10, has WAY too aggressive of a 3-2 downshift in track mode when braking while going downhill that I canā€™t get rid of and makes me a little crazy. And I donā€™t want any dealer experimenting with it so Iā€™m thinking paddles.
Eww, I loved that hard hitting, aggressively growling downshift of my 2018. šŸ˜

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 GT vert A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 6MT
Eww, I loved that hard hitting, aggressively growling downshift of my 2018. šŸ˜
Yeah, I do too but when the downshift to second throws the Rs over 6000 itā€™s a little too much and probably unnecessary. It would still be well in the powerband if it had stayed in third. Maybe since Iā€™m in track mode it thinks I really am at the track and itā€™s doing me a favor, IDK.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Would you say that is true even when the 10R80 decides to do a 6800 rpm short shift from 6-7? I was thinking if one were using the paddles he could hold it in the lower gear longer.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/10r80-6-7-gear-shifts-at-lower-rpm.195328/

Of course, two things may be wrong with my plan:

1. It may hit the limiter at 6800 in 6th regardless of paddle shifting or not.
2. It may hit peak HP by 6800 anyway so maybe thereā€™s no advantage to holding it in 6th longer.

I don't own a 10R80 car, but from all the timed tests I saw particularly with RevanEvan, he said let the car shift itself, don't touch the paddle shifters.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I use them while driving in sport quite abit.
If Iā€™m at a stop light and I want it to hold the gear longer Iā€™ll tap down and it flashes 1 and holds on for longer wind out before shifting

Lmw34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Similar story.

Got the 24 GT Stick Base back in September of 2023, droved little over 2.5k miles, then decided this is not the car I expected for many reasons that includes but not limited to

1. I thought I am going to love the V8 roars until I notice EV's whispering sound is more of my taste (we have 3 EVS as of now, F150 Lightning Lariat ER, BMW iX 50 and Kona EV, we are planning to buy a CPO Taycan in the future to replace the 24 GT)

2. The MPG and gas price (getting 15MPG and SoCal gas was at $5 per gallon, it's not all about the money, but rather the return per gallon for smile is very low compare to our other car)

3. Mustang's insurance is higher than our BMW iX (102K MSRP) and F 150 Lightning (80K MSRP), again not about the price rather than I feel the return of happiness isn't worth the extra pennies.

4. Hate the smell of petrol, after all those years of EVs, I guess I am just getting use to no petrol smells.

5. Performance isn't what I expected, I thought 480HP GT going to thrill me in a different way than our quick EVs, but it's just not happening.

Learned my lesson, sold it to Carmax for 39K (bought it for 43K + tax, ouch ...) it could be worse, but this should've been a weekly or even month rental than a purchsase for me.

Understand your pain, will not make the same mistake again.
:facepalm: