• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Best financing route to take

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I have never been a saver, my oldest son is 44 and has to spend every penny he makes, my youngest son is 38 and really budgets, he has everything he wants and needs and has invested in not sure if it is gold or silver, but he always has thousands back. Best bet is always have a couple thousand or more back for emergencies.
Definitely! Gotta have a balance between spending and saving. I save without depriving myself of the joys in life, like a V8 šŸ™ƒ
Sponsored

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
As long as you arenā€™t living paycheck to paycheckšŸ˜‰
Doing just fine! Just getting started with my career and working my ass off.

I've had family members save and never spend because they grew fascinated with their bank account growing, problem is they never remembered money is meant to be enjoyed!

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Doing just fine! Just getting started with my career and working my ass off.

I've had family members save and never spend because they grew fascinated with their bank account growing, problem is they never remembered money is meant to be enjoyed!
What is your career?
My husbands parents would NEVER spend. My mil went to the bank once, as they had screwed her out of a $1 interest. Threatened to take their money out of the bank if she didnā€™t get that money. She got it. But, you know, canā€™t take it with you.they would take cruises, but they SURE loved their money everyone has their opinion. I would like to hide our money before the government decides to start putting their hands on our money

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
? Thatā€™s wild.. fed funds is 5.25-5.5ā€¦ they would be losing money on your loan at 4ā€¦

that math ainā€™t mathingā€¦
Mathing or not, still true.

l checked with my credit union (Navy Federal) today and they are:
4.74% for 60mos.
5.04% for 72mos.
S650 Mustang Best financing route to take Screenshot_20230822_205835_Chrome Beta

They also give another 0.25 - 0.50% discount for active duty military and veteran's.

Once I get my VIN, I will get a pre-approved loan and take it with me to the dealer to see if they can beat it. If not, just sign the check and drive off in my new car.

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Depends on if you are planning on keeping it for a long time. You want to finance things and then pay them to keep your credit rating up. I was talking to a lady whoā€™s son wanted to buy his first home. He was military and had always paid cash fir everything. So, when he went to buy his home, he didnā€™t have that kind of money, and couldnā€™t get a loan as he had NO CREDIT
In that case yes... But that is more of a rarity.

In my case... Not worried about credit.

S650 Mustang Best financing route to take Screenshot_20230822_210858_Credit Karma

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
Depends on if you are planning on keeping it for a long time. You want to finance things and then pay them to keep your credit rating up. I was talking to a lady whoā€™s son wanted to buy his first home. He was military and had always paid cash fir everything. So, when he went to buy his home, he didnā€™t have that kind of money, and couldnā€™t get a loan as he had NO CREDIT
Pick a credit card account and add your children as authorized users. Obviously communicate and PARENT them on when they are allowed to use it, but they will enter adulthood with a high 700 credit rating. My 20 and 21 yr olds just opened their first solo accounts with 780 credit ratings.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both hubby and me also have excellent rating, but we also have money back for emergency, and the way things are going these days we want to keep some back

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pick a credit card account and add your children as authorized users. Obviously communicate and PARENT them on when they are allowed to use it, but they will enter adulthood with a high 700 credit rating. My 20 and 21 yr olds just opened their first solo accounts with 780 credit ratings.
No way, we did that with 1 son and he maxed it out, we took it away and paid it off, the youngest one that is 38, has over 800 credit rating

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
This a very under rated tip a lot of people don't know about! Also, how credit works should be taught as part of the life skills class you have to take in high school, or at least you did back when I was in high school lol

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
No way, we did that with 1 son and he maxed it out, we took it away and paid it off, the youngest one that is 38, has over 800 credit rating
Obviously it is not without risk. Luckily we averted that.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This a very under rated tip a lot of people don't know about! Also, how credit works should be taught as part of the life skills class you have to take in high school, or at least you did back when I was in high school lol
I ever had that nor did my kids. We thought it was common sense. You make a bill you pay it back