• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Base Interior Pics?

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Ford is really trying squeeze as much profit as they can out of the S650, almost exclusively showing DHs and specd out cars. Does anyone have decent shots of the base interior? It'd be great to see a base PP interior with the stitched center console as well.

S650 Mustang Base Interior Pics? 2024-ford-mustang-base-interior
Sponsored

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I was thinking the same thing today. All Dark Horse and not much else. Doesn't make sense to me when they have sold the majority of the allocation and the rest will sell fairly easily. The design of the car and refreshed tech will sell the base and GT models along with the loyal fan base. It seems that every car on the show car trail is a DH. Disappointing if you ask me.

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium (ordered)
Its a marketing technique that has been around forever. You build hype around a product. You sell not only that product, but also products associated with it. The products sell largely because the consumer is buying into the lifestyle. The DH is the centerpiece and Ford doesn't really need to advertise the other models (i.e. base).

Look at it this way, if the 4 cylinder base Mustang didn't have the Mustang name and relation with the other models... would it sell as well as it does? As a standalone product? I would wager that i wouldn't.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I don't see other manufactures using their base models to advertise their lineup. Why would Ford?

OP
OP
93-Oct Mayne

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I don't see other manufactures using their base models to advertise their lineup. Why would Ford?
We're not talking marketing here, so we can stuff our internet diplomas. I just want to see photos of what I ordered. We're well past the point of launch where the builder should work and there should be at least one shot of each trim available

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
We're not talking marketing here, so we can stuff our internet diplomas. I just want to see photos of what I ordered. We're well past the point of launch where the builder should work and there should be at least one shot of each trim available
The only content we've received so far of the S650 is from car reviewers taking ride-alongs with Ford employees, or Ford showcasing it at auto shows. Why is Ford not showcasing the base? Only Ford will be able to answer that.

But your statement stating that "Ford is really trying squeeze as much profit as they can out of the S650" doesn't make much sense IMO. Why would Ford want to showcase a base interior for everyone to see? They obviously want to put their best product forward.

OP
OP
93-Oct Mayne

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The only content we've received so far of the S650 is from car reviewers taking ride-alongs with Ford employees, or Ford showcasing it at auto shows. Why is Ford not showcasing the base? Only Ford will be able to answer that.

But your statement stating that "Ford is really trying squeeze as much profit as they can out of the S650" doesn't make much sense IMO. Why would Ford want to showcase a base interior for everyone to see? They obviously want to put their best product forward.
My statement is literally a statement of understanding that ford is only showing the highest trims for marketing purposes. However, the order banks have been open for 2 months and we don't have any decent examples for customers who don't care about leather seats

OP
OP
93-Oct Mayne

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Abubatata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
is that the base with 301A? i ordered a base GT 301A with the PP. that still looks good tho, glad i went with that

OP
OP
93-Oct Mayne

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
is that the base with 301A? i ordered a base GT 301A with the PP. that still looks good tho, glad i went with that
Not sure on 301A but it doesn't have the performance package unfortunately. Visually from what I recall, 301A would change the seat bolsters and add mycolor

OP
OP
93-Oct Mayne

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
For once, stangmode provides timely and useful info. Sounds like this one is a base 300A and still has all the functionality of the 400A, which is what I expected. They are the exact same screens, without the casing to connect them.
Sponsored