• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone plan on buying the Air Design Satin Black Front Splitter ?

Luajesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I wanted to get a lip for my mustang but idk if anyone else is planning to get this one from ford themselves since this is the only picture available right now

S650 Mustang Anyone plan on buying the Air Design Satin Black Front Splitter ? IMG_3322
Sponsored

OP
OP
Luajesus

Luajesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Not sure if this is a mod as well but since all the new mustangs are missing this and I don’t think any of the old OEM plaques are sold alone(correct me if I’m wrong) for the strut bar should I just buy one off eBay?

S650 Mustang Anyone plan on buying the Air Design Satin Black Front Splitter ? IMG_3321

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
S650 Mustang Anyone plan on buying the Air Design Satin Black Front Splitter ? Screenshot_2023-08-28-21-55-18-12_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12

Most likely going rtr for the splitter. Looks mean.

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
I am going for the RTR splitter too... for the strut brace nameplate, you could go to an engraving place and get a laser etched one that SAYS ANYTHING YOU WANT! (probably cheaper too)

Edson8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT

This build from Apex Customs actually uses the Air Design front splitter. Except they may have made it gloss black but might be what I will go for my GT in the near future to give it a little more aggressive look but not be as aggressive as the RTR front splitter.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Is this the Air Design front splitter at the 7:41 mark in this video? If so, I think it looks great!

Sorry, I don't know how to properly embed the video.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Waiting for someone to come out with a carbon fiber front splitter and side skirts.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Waiting for someone to come out with a carbon fiber front splitter and side skirts.
I have a real carbon fiber license plate frame on my WRX. The clear coat lasted about 3 years and now looks like crap. Not sure I'd want to spend hundreds of dollars on carbon fiber trim that is exposed to sunlight.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I have a real carbon fiber license plate frame on my WRX. The clear coat lasted about 3 years and now looks like crap. Not sure I'd want to spend hundreds of dollars on carbon fiber trim that is exposed to sunlight.
I've had carbon fiber on all 3 of my Corvettes and never had a problem with it. I had a custom carbon fiber windshield cowl made for my C5 and it held up very well. Also had several aftermarket pieces on both of my C7 Z06's and never had any issues. All of them were toys and were never in the sunlight for extended periods of time. My Mustang is pretty much a toy as well. I've done quite a bit of research on carbon fiber over the years and you pretty much get what you pay for.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had carbon fiber on all 3 of my Corvettes and never had a problem with it. I had a custom carbon fiber windshield cowl made for my C5 and it held up very well. Also had several aftermarket pieces on both of my C7 Z06's and never had any issues. All of them were toys and were never in the sunlight for extended periods of time. My Mustang is pretty much a toy as well. I've done quite a bit of research on carbon fiber over the years and you pretty much get what you pay for.
My WRX was not a toy and was driven just about every day. My new Mustang will be in the same category. Yes, both are [will be] garaged when not being driven.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
My WRX was not a toy and was driven just about every day. My new Mustang will be in the same category. Yes, both are [will be] garaged when not being driven.
I'm guessing yours probably sits out at work and is exposed to sunlight quite often. I'm retired, so that makes a big difference. I very seldom put more than 1,000-1,500 miles a year on any of my Corvettes.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm guessing yours probably sits out at work and is exposed to sunlight quite often. I'm retired, so that makes a big difference. I very seldom put more than 1,000-1,500 miles a year on any of my Corvettes.
I am retired as well and drive ~5,000 miles a year. The rest of the time the car is in the garage.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I like the Air Design splitter. It's large enough to make it worth doing, but won't have clearance issues with my wonky driveway entrance.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
We have one installed. Left it in original color and ceramic coated it. The RTR splitter doesn’t look that good on the Mustang. The corners stick out way too far.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
i personally love the RTR splitter but i can see where some would find an issue, its definitely designed to be paired with the rocker extensions, otherwise the sides stick out awkwardly, but the extensions make the line work to make the entire car more aggressive.
Sponsored