• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone else struggled deciding between EcoBoost and GT for daily driver?

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Premium GT, Vapor Blue, Nite Pony Pkg
GT is the way to go. I kind of cringe when a Mustang drives by and I don't hear the V8 rumble. Just my .02 cents.
Sponsored

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
bah humbug on the "screens". :)

If you want an Eco HP, you really should consider this one.
https://www.clementford.com/new/Ford/2022-Ford-Mustang-e1ad23490a0e0a9411bed86b423e21bb.htm
Thank you for your reply.
May be a little bit of a drive from Littleton Colorado..
The 2.3 Hi Performance are loaded for sure.
I’m 76 yrs old.
I’m unable to drive a STICK when those old injuries catch up with you.
thx again.
The price & color are Eye catching for sure.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I don’t know where you live but,
I live in Colorado.
There use to be 12 different blends of WINTER GAS in the USA. I don’t know what they use now. JUST know its BAD GAS.
Your gas mileage will suffer a great deal in the Winter months.
It burns faster and there is nothing you can do.
Sin Loy.
It's due to a very bad government idea. Years ago the government decided to control emissions by adding and oxidizer to the fuel. At the time there were still many cars on the road that had carburetors. As the jets were fixed, they came up with the idea of adding something that had a lower carbon content to the fuel thus leaning out the air fuel mixture. Several things were used and some were very bad but they ended up with alcohol. Enter fuel injection that adjust the air fuel mixture on the fly. We are now stuck with fuel mixes that are now called green instead of better for the air. There are still old laws on the book that require an oxidizer in the winter but a lot of times you have to run it all year long. I haven't traveled much lately but a few states like Oklahoma you can still get fuel without alcohol.

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
If you have the money, and have to have the extra HP, just so you can say you have it... go for it. I decided on the EcoBoost over the GT, so I can use the $10K on something better than HP I don't need and doesn't make a difference for just getting on the highway. The EcoBoost is no slouch by any stretch of the imagination. Not to mention, you'll get better MPG.

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Sure. They both feel very quick to me. The Ecoboost feels quick as soon as you hit the gas because of the turbo. It does the best acceleration between the 2k and 4.5k RPM range.
The GT takes a good second to spool up and gives you that sense of speed in the 3k - 6k range. The 5.0 really likes to rev out to the higher rpms and sounds phenomenal because of it. They both feel fast in their own ways to me.

Now, the GT does come with paddle shifters and the Ecoboost does not. So if you like controlling your acceleration and hearing your revs, then the GT may be right for you. It may be intimidating to sequentially shift through 10 gears, but you really only need to focus on the first 7. Gears 8-10 are more economy highway/interstate gears.

I test drove a 24 GT last fall, I do not own one yet. I sold my '14 GT soon after that test drive and I've been saving up for a new GT. I don't think daily driving will bother you as miles per gallon will be replaced by smiles per gallon. My '14 GT got 23.5 mpg mostly highway miles. The only part that bothered me was the exhaust drone on long interstate trips, but my '14 had a custom exhaust. I consider the Active Exhaust a must have option on the new ones because of this.
Just rereading through some of my old posts and threads and came across your post quote above where you mentioned the exhaust drone on long interstate trips - I think you were talking about the exhaust drone being on your '14 GT correct? Do you (or anyone else) know if the 24 GT's have this exhaust drone when on the highway?

You mentioned Active Exhaust is a must have option. I guess your thinking is that the active exhaust can eliminate the exhaust drone on the highway (if it still exists) correct? I know you can make the exhaust louder and quieter with the active exhaust but I'm wondering if it's really a necessity or just something cool to have?

Can anyone else chime in if their 24 GT has an exhaust drone while cruising on the highway?

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
May be a slight exhaust drone, but only if you have to give it throttle (i.e. going up a hill or trying to pass another vehicle). With the active exhaust, selecting quiet completely eliminates any possible drone.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
Can anyone else chime in if their 24 GT has an exhaust drone while cruising on the highway?
I had a 19 GT without active exhaust and a 24 GT with active. Neither have any drone while cruising with the stock exhaust.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
but I'm wondering if it's really a necessity or just something cool to have?
it's only a matter of "cool". It gets old quick. And it's just leads to failure because Ford engineers are morons and didn't armor the control cables. So they get cut, short, and blow a fuse.

If your exhaust is "droning" under load you're in 1 (or more) gear too high and lugging the engine. Keep it over 2000 at all times and better yet close to 3000 at steady state and it won't drone. The V8 'drones' at about 1600-1800, but the engine has no business turning that slow. I forget where the EB does it's 'humm' (2200?) but stay out of the range to the upside and you're fine.
I don't use 6th gear until and unless I'm over 75mph. Between 5th and 6th (MT82D4) there are NO useful fuel savings to be had.

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
it's only a matter of "cool". It gets old quick. And it's just leads to failure because Ford engineers are morons and didn't armor the control cables. So they get cut, short, and blow a fuse.

If your exhaust is "droning" under load you're in 1 (or more) gear too high and lugging the engine. Keep it over 2000 at all times and better yet close to 3000 at steady state and it won't drone. The V8 'drones' at about 1600-1800, but the engine has no business turning that slow. I forget where the EB does it's 'humm' (2200?) but stay out of the range to the upside and you're fine.
I don't use 6th gear until and unless I'm over 75mph. Between 5th and 6th (MT82D4) there are NO useful fuel savings to be had.
Yeah I was wondering if the active exhaust was just another thing that can break and per your reply it sounds like it is, lol.

I am talking about a 10A GT so not sure what RPM's that turns on the freeway at 75 mph or so.

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I had a 19 GT without active exhaust and a 24 GT with active. Neither have any drone while cruising with the stock exhaust.
Good to hear about neither having any drone at cruising speed. I think I will most likely just go with the regular exhaust at this point. Not really sure that the active exhaust would be of any benefit to me really?

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Yeah I was wondering if the active exhaust was just another thing that can break and per your reply it sounds like it is, lol.

I am talking about a 10A GT so not sure what RPM's that turns on the freeway at 75 mph or so.
I wouldn't say it is a matter of "cool". It is a good feature. Gives you more HP if you want to stay stock or just add a H/X Pipe. Also lets you control the sound of the exhaust if you don't want to wake neighbors early in the morning or if you are driving places that really enforce sound ordinances.
Not to mention gives you the quad tips.

The cables are long enough and covered in a heat protective wrap to keep them safe from heat. I don't see any issue with them at all. They do look like they might be longer than the 23's or could be the different angle of the valve.

Definitely could be another part that could fail but I don't regret getting them as I will use the feature almost daily, have more power and just looks better.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Good to hear about neither having any drone at cruising speed. I think I will most likely just go with the regular exhaust at this point. Not really sure that the active exhaust would be of any benefit to me really?

Active exhaust is one of those options you didnt realize how much you really like it until you have it

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I also found the active exhaust to be nice to have (mainly the “quiet” mode) when you have a Karen next door and have to leave for work before the crack of dawn.
Sponsored