• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone else struggled deciding between EcoBoost and GT for daily driver?

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I also found the active exhaust to be nice to have (mainly the “quiet” mode) when you have a Karen next door and have to leave for work before the crack of dawn.
Just how quiet is th quiet mode compared to say normal mode? I can actually see where that could be useful in certain situations. Does the active exhaust default to normal mode when you start it up each time?

Also can you comment on any sort of exhaust drone noise when your cruising down the highway at say 75 mph? If there is a drone does turning the exhaust to quiet mode remedy that situation?

Honestly active exhaust wasn't even on my radar but I can see where it could potentially be useful. Could be just another thing that could go wrong and would cost big bucks to fix sometime down the road too?
Sponsored

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Just how quiet is th quiet mode compared to say normal mode? I can actually see where that could be useful in certain situations. Does the active exhaust default to normal mode when you start it up each time?

Also can you comment on any sort of exhaust drone noise when your cruising down the highway at say 75 mph? If there is a drone does turning the exhaust to quiet mode remedy that situation?

Honestly active exhaust wasn't even on my radar but I can see where it could potentially be useful. Could be just another thing that could go wrong and would cost big bucks to fix sometime down the road too?
The initial 1-2 second start-up is still a little loud, but after that, it quiets down pretty well. Probably reduces it to the exhaust noise/note that my previous 2017 F-150 2nd gen 3.5 Ecoboost was on start-up.

Now that I think about it, there is no drone really unless you're on the throttle. At 75 MPH, and in 6th gear, if I put "quiet" mode it's pretty comfortable/quiet.

I haven't heard of people having issues with the active exhaust or requiring maintenance.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
On my 2019 GT, the active exhaust was the ONLY thing I had trouble with.

You could also set a time schedule for quiet starts. I had mine set from 10pm to 7am. During this time, it would start in quiet mode when you pressed the start button... no additional steps are required. Outside of this time window, it would start in normal mode. I have not heard if the 2024 has that feature or not.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

You could also set a time schedule for quiet starts. I had mine set from 10pm to 7am. During this time, it would start in quiet mode when you pressed the start button... no additional steps are required. Outside of this time window, it would start in normal mode. I have not heard if the 2024 has that feature or not.
I can confirm that this feature does still exist on the 2024.

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury

What kind of trouble did you have with the active exhaust on your 2019 GT?

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
It didn't always work. I would get screen alerts that it was inactive. The next time I drove, it would be fine. Very inconsistent.

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
It didn't always work. I would get screen alerts that it was inactive. The next time I drove, it would be fine. Very inconsistent.
Well hopefully they have any 'bugs' worked out and its better on the MY24's.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
My last Mustang was a GT (2019). It was great, but for my usage it was overkill. This time I went with the EB, and I'm glad I did. If you are going to track it, get the GT. the EB falls off at higher speeds, but if you aren't doing that, I think the EB is a better deal. It's lighter, handles better stock, and gets 35mpg vs. The 25mpg (highway) I was getting with the GT. As a daily, that adds up. Not to mention other higher costs of the GT. For me, the only advantage of the GT was the sound. That's very important for some and rightly so, but not a big deal for me.

Enjoy your test drive and let us know what you think.
Very Interesting.
I also was thinking about the Twin Turbo Ecoboost.
I was on the fence.
Thinking about which one did I really want?
I’ve had several 3.5 Eco’s in our 4-wheeler dr. Trucks.
The H. O. Ecoboost Was very Fast.
The GT sounded more Robust & Healthy.
My wife wanted the GT with the performance exhaust.
So we ordered the GT, 401-A, 10 speed Auto & the performance exhaust.
The GT was the better choice for our lifestyle.
The Mustang will be our daily driver except when the weather gets bad.
There is nothing wrong with either one.
Just what’s the best for you?
Sponsored