• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Speculations for Models Between Dark Horse and GTD?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Don't forget this was seen testing. The wide track and carbon fiber wheels indicate its something special.

GT500/GT350/Mach 1/Dark Horse...... aren't/weren't available as a convertible, so this would be bucking the trend, but........

S650 Mustang Speculations for Models Between Dark Horse and GTD? Shelby GT500 1

S650 Mustang Speculations for Models Between Dark Horse and GTD? Shelby GT500 2

S650 Mustang Speculations for Models Between Dark Horse and GTD? Shelby GT500 3

S650 Mustang Speculations for Models Between Dark Horse and GTD? Shelby GT500 4
Sponsored

s3ltz3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT
I really doubt we'll see any future Shelby variants from Ford Performance. They're targeting the Gen Z demographic with new names, and fancy Unreal Graphics. It's like Ford wants to erase it's own legacy.

I hope I'm wrong. The Dark Horse is a subpar offering compared to what with had with the S550. The FP800S looks kinda cool tho, specially with factory warranty.

Revan9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I think there will likely be a Shelby/Cobra/Boss.
The Dark Horse is an attempt to appeal to younger car enthusiasts but they have to much history to not take advantage of it.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
are people ready to pay 100k plus for a V6 raptor engine mustang??
no. but why would it need to be priced so silly? They make a ton of them for the F150.
in-line pancake electric motor can work both ways, feeds a 20-30KW pack.

Otherwise pull a Mopar and put an Ecoboost 4 or the antique v6 (chopped into an I-3?) to drive a genset and put 4 elec motors at the corners and have a pure EV. 35KW batt should more than suffice because the point of the car is use Gasoline to power it, not stored electricity except in short bursts.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
It would be like raptor trucks, start around 89k and option up from there… all the way to the R with the predator for 120 plus.

not priced silly at all, in-line with the current market.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Hell no to either, I'm out on both of those. I would like to see the voo doo revived and worked on to become more reliable. You felt that engine to your core above 3K rpm's.
The 19 and 20 GT350s used the predator block and have proven to be pretty good... 15k miles on mine... no oil usage and I can say it definitely gets beat on...

The hardest part with the 350s is there are rules you need to follow ... I think many people didn't bother to read the manual...

Even on the gen 2 voodoo if you don't get the oil Temps up to 190 first for example... you will hurt them... definitely more involved then the Coyote

s3ltz3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT
Don't forget this was seen testing. The wide track and carbon fiber wheels indicate its something special.

GT500/GT350/Mach 1/Dark Horse...... aren't/weren't available as a convertible, so this would be bucking the trend, but........

Shelby GT500 1.jpg

Shelby GT500 2.jpg

Shelby GT500 3.jpg

Shelby GT500 4.jpg
Th front looks eerily enough like an S550 front. Still missing the the side flares, but it appears to be the closest iteration to the previous gen.

Maybe Ford saw the new Saleen Mustang, and realized things have gotten out of hand with the S650.
Sponsored