• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hunting for a Dark Horse….

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I’ve owned a 1993 Cobra, 2003 Cobra and a 2017 GT350. I sold my GT350 in 2020….I should not have! I bought a 2020 Wrangler Rubicon as a toy…. I need a fast car…The Dark Horse has caught my eye. So I’ve been searching for a MSRP deal and this is what I’ve found…

I found a black non-handling package Darkhorse at the dealer right down the street from my house. Set up the MSRP deal and upon really inspecting and I found some scratches and high spots from the hack ceramic coating job that was done. I wanted things fixed before I signed the deal and they said they’ll do it after signed… Needless to say that deal did not happen.

I found a vapor blue non-handling package car that was 1000 over MSRP but I did not even begin to haggle because the front bumper had a gouge on the edge of it. I got an email Saturday afternoon saying that they fixed it and I should come take a look at it. So this is an option.

I also found a dark matter gray MSRP not handling package dark horse but it is six hours away.

I found a fully optioned blue ember handling package car not to far the stickered for $74,300….I got them to $75k even.

is the handling package really worth it? Or…is the base car good enough?
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
The GT will handle well and preform near what the Dark Horse will do. My reason for getting a Dark horse was to get the Tremec transmission. If you're going to track the car, you should definitely get the Dark Horse. On the other hand, if you need a fast daily driver and will keep it under 120 miles per hour, the GT will probably fill your needs.
For the most part, the handling package on the Dark horse is different tires. For the GT it's much more but again, the base GT will handle pretty well.
My suggestion to you is test drive a GT. You know what your wants and needs better than anybody else.
In case you haven't seen it, you should look at this link. 2024 Specifications

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Unless you're going to track the car, the handling package is overkill-- unless you plan on buying proper street tires for the thing. :)

The GT PP comes close, but the microfiber seating surfaces on the Dark Horse are hard to beat and the exterior looks are subjective and I actually like the Dark Horse front end and rear end better than the GT. The rear diffuser just looks the business.

Last edited:

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
I’ve owned a 1993 Cobra, 2003 Cobra and a 2017 GT350. I sold my GT350 in 2020….I should not have! I bought a 2020 Wrangler Rubicon as a toy…. I need a fast car…The Dark Horse has caught my eye. So I’ve been searching for a MSRP deal and this is what I’ve found…

I found a black non-handling package Darkhorse at the dealer right down the street from my house. Set up the MSRP deal and upon really inspecting and I found some scratches and high spots from the hack ceramic coating job that was done. I wanted things fixed before I signed the deal and they said they’ll do it after signed… Needless to say that deal did not happen.

I found a vapor blue non-handling package car that was 1000 over MSRP but I did not even begin to haggle because the front bumper had a gouge on the edge of it. I got an email Saturday afternoon saying that they fixed it and I should come take a look at it. So this is an option.

I also found a dark matter gray MSRP not handling package dark horse but it is six hours away.

I found a fully optioned blue ember handling package car not to far the stickered for $74,300….I got them to $75k even.

is the handling package really worth it? Or…is the base car good enough?
If you are still looking for a dark horse, my dealer, Eau Claire Ford in Eau Claire WI has one that was ordered, and the customer backed out. 715-852-1000, ask for Cordell.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Hold put for MSRP... they will come down... even seen reports of dealers going to 1000 under.

They are a great car but they are not selling.... 3 of 4 Dark Horses on bring a trailer didn't get to sticker ...

I would walk on any deal over MSRP...

LionK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
I have heard from Dark Horse owners saying that if they were to option their cars again, they would pick handling pack and tremec 10 times out of 10. In my personal opinion, I would choose the Dark Horse specific Blue Ember with the handling pack all day. That being said I am sure you will love the car no matter the choice

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
I have heard from Dark Horse owners saying that if they were to option their cars again, they would pick handling pack and tremec 10 times out of 10. In my personal opinion, I would choose the Dark Horse specific Blue Ember with the handling pack all day. That being said I am sure you will love the car no matter the choice
Make it 9 out of 10. Mine would still be 10A out of necessity, and I still would prefer going aftermarket for the fat tires instead of the HP.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
Gave up on my order of DH blue ember, tremec, HP, recaro seats order, for a DH blue ember, tremec w/o HP and seats found at a local dealer which had originally wanted $10K ADM on orders. They had one that was abandoned by original orderer and I got it at sticker. So definitely hold out for no ADM as dealers that were charging them for orders are not necessarily charging them when someone bails. It is possible, I don't have the inside scoop, that the person whose order I purchased had to forfeit the ADM deposit.

ElektroSmokes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT, 2016 Ecoboost, 2021 GT
Don't even pay MSRP. These dealers are hurting now. Time to squeeze them like they've been squeezing us for the past 3 years. The dark horse isn't special enough to be treated like anything more than a hopped up GT. If you think I'm wrong, check your local dealer inventory.

Every week that goes by, the situation gets worse and worse for them. If they don't play by their own rules, these cars will rot on their lots.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
I just had a local dealer call me this morning asking me if I would be interested in trading in my R fit a Dark Horse. I told them MSRP for me to consider. They tried the limited edition.. hard to get... hot item... I asked them if such a hot item why you cold calling me trying to move it? Lol he stumbled for an answer... said he needed to call me back

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I just had a local dealer call me this morning asking me if I would be interested in trading in my R fit a Dark Horse. I told them MSRP for me to consider. They tried the limited edition.. hard to get... hot item... I asked them if such a hot item why you cold calling me trying to move it? Lol he stumbled for an answer... said he needed to call me back
There are two types of salesmen. The wheeler dealer and the honest one. The wheeler dealer hate it when you have their number. The honest one doesn't have a number. Congratulations for calling this one correctly.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Three DH Blue Ember, non HP, coming to DC area around 12/20. Built, waiting for shipment. No other info available, look up Koons Ford (can i still say this), multiple locations.

Last edited:

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Dealer I went to specifically to order a DH and wouldn't sell me his only allocation just texted me to ask if I wanted the one they just got. It stickers at $66k and my order was going to be $70k. Told him he should've taken my order. They would've made more money. I hate stealerships. They get what they deserve.

ElektroSmokes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT, 2016 Ecoboost, 2021 GT
Imagine thinking the dark horse is a worthy trade from the 350 R. Lol that dealer is smoking crack cocaine.
Sponsored