• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Ecoboost as daily driver (in MI)?

The Wizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Mustang; 16 F-150
Someone mentioned the High Performance Package. That comes with summer only tires, not appropriate for Michigan year-round...
Sponsored

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
If you have performance package then yes, you have to plan on different tires when the weather gets cold. Anything below 40 is not good for the tires and you will have little grip with them.

I have winter wheels and snow tires and swap them every fall and spring. If you use BelleTire they will store your off-season wheels and tires for a price (don't recall what it is now) when they swap each season.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Here is a brief From Ford Authority on the new 2024 Mustang Ecoboost.

ā€œThe Blue Oval states that the latest iteration of the 2.3L EcoBoost powerhouse features its new Modular Power Cylinder (MPC) Engine Architecture, which helps keep design continuity across the 1.5L I4 EcoBoost, the 2.0L I4 EcoBoost, and the 2.3L EcoBoost engine family. It features a dual fuel system, port fuel injection and 350 bar direct injection for performance, fuel efficiency and reduced carbon emissions. Additionally, its new twin scroll low-inertia turbocharger features a high speed electronic wastegate system, along with compact variable cam timing (VCT), an integrated air induction system and an integrated hot side exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system to help mitigate emissionsā€

I owned a 2020 GT M6 as well as a 2022 GT A10. I must say the A10 was a Love /Hate relationship. The A10 felt soooooo much faster than the M6 but I absolutely hated the A10 downshifts. More to follow on the A10.

My wife wanted a 2024 Mustang and had been looking at motorcycles again, I recommended a Convertible to get the open air feeling of a bike without maintaining and paying more insurance, taxes, etc by adding motorcycles. If you ride you know lots of aging riders opt for a Miata etc once their riding is done. I just wanted more safety for her and at this point feel I'm done riding too but that could change and dayā€¦

Anyway to the pointā€¦ā€¦She bought the 2024 Ecoboost Convertible, and cancelled the 2024 Ecoboost HPP with Magneride that was on order. This is just MY opinion and mine only. The bad, the Ecoboost will never give you the sound that the 5.0 does, never. I would honestly rather not even hear the 2.3 and leave hers in Quit Mode at all times, she has Active Exhaust. The favorite button is actually programmed for Quiet Exhaust. The Good, and it far outweighs the bad. I feel the Ecoboost handles and drives much better than the GT, easier turn in on curvy roads and holds the line better. Its just feels effortless. There is plenty of power and the best part, Ford did something magical to the 2024 A10 programing for the Ecoboost. If you dont drive daily do yourself a favor and use Premium gas, Im not gonna debate the merits. Calculate the annual savings, its not that much by using 87.

When the 2024 was first announced I was not a fan, as a matter of fact I bought a leftover 2022 after seeing the S650. I felt that strong. BUT, it grew on me and side by side I much prefer the S650.

I no longer own the 2022 GT and can say that if I was in the market today I would buy the Ecoboost, just forget about what anyone else thinks. HOWEVER, I would definitely buy the HPP. Literally everything in that package is worth the price of admission.
2.3L High-Performance Package

The available 2.3L High-Performance Package includes:
  • 3.55 TORSENĀ® Limited-Slip Rear Axle
  • 19" x 9" Carbonized Gray-painted Wheels With 255/40 ZR 19 (Summer Only) Tires*
  • 19" Bremboā„¢ Brake System With Performance Linings and Black With White Logo Brake Calipers
  • Accent-Stitched Center Console Lid
  • Black Painted Strut-Tower Brace
  • Black Seat Belt
  • Carbon Black Grille ā€” Molded-in-Color
  • Electric Hand-Operated Parking Brake (Drift Brake)
  • Front Towing Hooks
  • Heavy-Duty Front Springs
  • Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel ā€” Four-Piece With Chrome Bezel
  • Paddle Shifters
  • Raised Wedge Decklid Spoiler ā€” Painted Body Color (Fastback Only)
  • Spoiler Delete (Convertible Only)
  • Unique Chassis Tuning
  • Unique EPAS, ABS and Stability Control Tuning
  • Upsized Rear Sway Bar

My wife's EB does not have the HPP option because she decided to buy a car on the lot and liked the wheels on the Wheel and Stripe Package much better.

I think the Ecoboost in Base form is a great value but the HPP has a lot of nice options.

IMG_2022.jpeg
I test drove a HPP 2023 eco-boost, 330 hp.
I was doing about 40 miles an hour and the salesman said punch it, so I did. The back wheels broke loose went sideways a little bit and I took off. I think it has a lot more torque than the GT.
The Ecoboost high-performance package is very quick & fast off the line.
I didnā€™t purchase the HPP Ecoboost because of the Summer Tires. Pretty useless here in Colorado during the winter.
iā€™ve had several eco-boost engines in my F1 50s.
I currently have an 2020 F150 Limited with a 450 hp Eco twin turbo 510 pounds of torque.
Never been beaten by any Dodge hemi, or Chevys!
With the eco-boost you must change the oil more frequently than the V8,
I change the oil & rotate the tires, every three months, regardless of mileage.
iā€™m old-school and I did order a GT, 401A , 10 speed with the high-performance exhaust. My wife loves the sound of the exhaust.
Sheā€™s happy, Iā€™m happy..

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Am curious to hear the thoughts of buying a 2024 EB as a daily driver here in SE MI? I work from home and currently own a RWD car and if the weather is bad I just don't go anywhere or we take the wife's SUV. That being said, I'm curious what the general consensus is on the 2024 EB. Honestly my budget is around $30K which basically gets me a base model EB which has plenty of equipment on it for me. I just want a vehicle that's going to be reliable and honestly is fun to drive.

I've read and heard that the 2.3 EB is a pretty much a different engine than the 2.3 EB in the MY23's and earlier. I'm not sure of all the changes or if those changes are even good, lol. Also does this 'new' 2.3 EB run on regular 87 octane or does it require premium? Unfortunately I'm not seeing many 2.3 EB base Mustangs around my area for sale but maybe ordering one would be an option if I decide to go this route. I plan on checking one out in person soon to see if it's something that's even worth pursuing. I would say 95% of the time it's either just me or me and the Mrs. driving around so not too concerned about the back seat situation but it's probably wise to see if my kid can fit back there if need be (LOL).

So EB owner's how are you liking your Mustang? Feel free to offer up and advice or recommendations as well.
The Ecoboost MUSTANG is very capable platform.
You need to blow it out once in a while and most important change the OIL more frequently.
They are quick off the line and more economical to drive.
They are very dependable.
Iā€™ve owned several 3.5 ECOā€™s in my F150ā€™s over the years.
I currently drive a 2020 F150 Limited, Rapid Red, with the 3.5 H.O. Ecoboost.Twin turbos.
It has 450 Horses and 510 lbs Torque.
Iā€™ve never been beat by a Dodge HEMI, Chevy, or Toyota Tundras.
I was on the Fence about which one?
I, with the help of my Wife of 53 YEAR,
We decided to go with the GT, premium , Atlas Blue, 401A, Automatic Trans, Spare Tire, Active Exhaust.
My Wife loves the Active Exhaust.
Now we have a Muscle TruckšŸš— and a new Muscle Car.šŸš™
I donā€™t care how much Gas they use. I donā€™t drive that much.
If I did, I would have purchased a Honda Fit.

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
The Ecoboost MUSTANG is very capable platform.
You need to blow it out once in a while and most important change the OIL more frequently.
They are quick off the line and more economical to drive.
They are very dependable.
Iā€™ve owned several 3.5 ECOā€™s in my F150ā€™s over the years.
I currently drive a 2020 F150 Limited, Rapid Red, with the 3.5 H.O. Ecoboost.
It has 450 Horses and 510 lbs Torque.
Iā€™ve never been beat by a Dodge HEMI, Chevy, or Toyota Tundras.
I was on the Fence about which one?
I, with the help of my Wife of 53 YEAR,
We decided to go with the GT, premium , Atlas Blue, 401A, Automatic Trans, Spare Tire, Active Exhaust.
My Wife loves the Active Exhaust.
Now we have a Muscle TruckšŸš— and a new Muscle Car.šŸš™
I donā€™t care how much Gas they use. I donā€™t drive that much.
If I did, I would have purchased a Honda Fit.
The OP went with a GT as well ... šŸ˜€

Fruitstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
I think it has a lot more torque than the GT.
Uhm, you can think it has, but in reality, no, it doesn't.
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/...oost-s650-0-60-mph-quarter-mile-acceleration/

I didnā€™t purchase the HPP Ecoboost because of the Summer Tires. Pretty useless here in Colorado during the winter.
In some areas in the US there are shops that sell tires separately, so that you do not have to buy a specific car based on the tires that are on it. :wink:

That's like not buying the perfect house just because the installed fridge doesn't meet your requirements.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
In some areas in the US there are shops that sell tires separately, so that you do not have to buy a specific car based on the tires that are on it. :wink:
Groovy, man! I'm gonna have to look into this ...

:cwl:
Sponsored