• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone else have OTA updates lagging behind?

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
Are your cars in the garage or are you out driving? My car was in the garage and had no updates, was out driving it this past weekend and got 3 updates in 2 days.
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I was having problems getting the updates so I unhooked my charger, closed the hood, and locked the car in the garage last night. Got an update almost immediately. I'm on version 6.2 now and hoping for 6.3 tonight.

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021F150 701a 3.5tt 4x4; 1990 Mustang 5.0 coupe
Anyone know if you can get an OTA update from or at the dealers?
Dealers are not capable of pushing an OTA update. Those come from the "mothership" or Ford's servers. Ford does not pay dealers to perform module updates (unless there is a problem an update will fix or a recall/TSB that requires a module to be updated/reprogrammed), so you will most likely not get any help from them.

If there is not an active OTA trigger on the server for your car, any time you check for updates on the touchscreen it will either say you're up to date (even if you're not) or it show you the info of the last update you got.

There is nothing that can be done for force an OTA to be sent to a vehicle.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Dealers are not capable of pushing an OTA update. Those come from the "mothership" or Ford's servers. Ford does not pay dealers to perform module updates (unless there is a problem an update will fix or a recall/TSB that requires a module to be updated/reprogrammed), so you will most likely not get any help from them.

If there is not an active OTA trigger on the server for your car, any time you check for updates on the touchscreen it will either say you're up to date (even if you're not) or it show you the info of the last update you got.

I wonder if you/I/others will have to repeat this here as many times as we've had (and continue) to repeat it over on the F150 forums ...

Fellas -- these updates are NOT like your mobile phone. You don't just press "update me" and you get the latest firmware. The OTAs come only when Ford releases them, and they decided which specific vehicles get them and when. It's not uncommon for the exact same two trucks to see days, weeks, or even longer between receiving the same OTA/Power-Up update.

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if you/I/others will have to repeat this here as many times as we've had (and continue) to repeat it over on the F150 forums ...

Fellas -- these updates are NOT like your mobile phone. You don't just press "update me" and you get the latest firmware. The OTAs come only when Ford releases them, and they decided which specific vehicles get them and when. It's not uncommon for the exact same two trucks to see days, weeks, or even longer between receiving the same OTA/Power-Up update.
lol Yes, this will have to be said 100 times over; especially with this vehicle which is exposing people to Sync 4 for the first time. I don't mind it.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP

Damn, thats bad news on the long termā€¦ am in the middle east region, and we donā€™t have Fordpass hereā€¦ when i tried refreshing the update check (while connected to my mobile wifi hotspot), it doesnā€™t find any updates..

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn, thats bad news on the long termā€¦ am in the middle east region, and we donā€™t have Fordpass hereā€¦ when i tried refreshing the update check (while connected to my mobile wifi hotspot), it doesnā€™t find any updates..
Even with FDRS, many updates are not available on the servers where you live. I've helped a few people out there get updates, but it requires unconventional methods. I am not sure what the plan is on Ford's end to get you guys updated. This is not an S650 specific issue in the UAE; it affects all Sync 4 vehicles.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Even with FDRS, many updates are not available on the servers where you live. I've helped a few people out there get updates, but it requires unconventional methods. I am not sure what the plan is on Ford's end to get you guys updated. This is not an S650 specific issue in the UAE; it affects all Sync 4 vehicles.
Thanks, iā€™ll check with the service technicians next time am at the agencyā€¦ they must have a plan.

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, iā€™ll check with the service technicians next time am at the agencyā€¦ they must have a plan.
lol A plan? They don't even know there's a problem. I'll try to remember to check your VIN in FDRS when I get home from work later. I know I checked in PTS and it was not showing any APIM, GWM or TCU updates pending for your car, but I don't fully trust PTS for these types of things. If the server is not showing the update, there is nothing the dealer can do to install it.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
As long as itā€™s non safety related update, i donā€™t mind missing out on the gauges :D

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
So never got the new gauge cluster update! Seems like the OTA update for my DH are behind. Anyone else have this problem? Wonder if it will eventually catch up?
I haven't received the update either. In my case it may be because I have not driven it in a few weeks so it goes into a "sleep mode" to conserve battery

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
You're showing the ABS module update which fixes the random no crank/no start issues these cars are having. That one, they will be able to do.
Thank you! Iā€™ll remind them to update that!

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't received the update either. In my case it may be because I have not driven it in a few weeks so it goes into a "sleep mode" to conserve battery
That has no effect on getting an update sent to you. I did a write up of how the OTA process works on the F150 sister forum to this one. It's a long read, but this will give you more insight on how this works.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...p-by-step-breakdown-of-the-ota-process.20875/

When the server queues up an update for a vehicle, you have two weeks to start the car (not remote start; an actual start) as this is vital for the OTA trigger to be activated and move along to the file verification and download process. The fact that you don't start it in weeks CAN prevent the OTA trigger from kicking off and cause it to expire, but it will not prevent the update from actually being sent. It is a good idea to start the car at least once a week and let it run for a few minutes to prevent an update from missing its download/install window.
Sponsored