• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any OTA updates yet?

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I find it odd that i haven't gotten any updates since taking delivery last september. Some of you have gotten a few by now...
Sponsored

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
What 'system' was updated to 6.x.x? Is Sync4 now Sync 6.x.x?
I would say that these 6.x.x. updates are more to the back end of the vehicle's software. SYNC is the front end (i.e. what you see and interface with on the infotainment center).

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
I find it odd that i haven't gotten any updates since taking delivery last september. Some of you have gotten a few by now...
I take it that you have in your Settings, the Software toggled to ON and selecting a time for the Update(s) to commence. I've read either on this thread or another one regarding Updates that a good time to Select for Automatic Updates is 1:00am and the vehicle has to be connected to the WiFi connection. Not sure if a Cell connection works for your vehicle however. Hope this helps you out.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I take it that you have in your Settings, the Software toggled to ON and selecting a time for the Update(s) to commence. I've read either on this thread or another one regarding Updates that a good time to Select for Automatic Updates is 1:00am and the vehicle has to be connected to the WiFi connection. Not sure if a Cell connection works for your vehicle however. Hope this helps you out.
Absolutely, it's all setup this way.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Absolutely, it's all setup this way.
There is no rhyme or reason to when Ford will release an update for YOUR specific vehicle. I've seen weeks and even months lapse between two fellas with similar vehicles (F150s). As long as you have this set up correctly and you TCU is properly communicating with the Ford servers, it will come (unless something else is blocking it or if it's failing).

OhioGuy73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
I got 6.1.0 over the weekend and 6.2.0 yesterday. Those are the first I got since getting the car in early September.

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
Got the 6.3.2 update the other day, shortly after getting 6.2 and can confirm that personal settings still don't fully save.

Examples: Turning off Trip 1 does not save. Restarting the vehicle and Trip 1 comes back up on the driver's display. Trip 2 MPG continues to reset after XX amount of time. Switching clock to 24 hour display resets back to 12 hour display after XX amount of time. MyColor supposedly sticks even though when you go to the MyColor app, it shows a different color.

Bottom line: Glitches that I have come across since day 1 are still present. I suspect and hope that by the time MY 25 hits production, that the software team at Ford will have these iron out. Regardless, I'm still enjoying and loving the car.
That happened to me when using profiles.
I removed all profiles, saved my settings like i wanted, like adding trip 2 to the dash, and then added profiles. Now those are the default values, and if you save new ones, it will go back to those!

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
That happened to me when using profiles.
I removed all profiles, saved my settings like i wanted, like adding trip 2 to the dash, and then added profiles. Now those are the default values, and if you save new ones, it will go back to those!
I ended up Deleting my Profile because one of the Updates kept ignoring how I previously had my Preferences set up and reverting back to Default colors in the MyMustang section. I like to drive with the Auxiliary Gauges on (hoping people who don't know of the New S650's can look in and see the Big Screen) and I always had to set my colors each time I started the car up. Since resetting my Profile back up, it's holding my Preferred settings.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i got 2 more updates. one yesterday and one today. 6.2.0 updates the TCU, and 6.3.2 updates the APIM
S650 Mustang Any OTA updates yet? 1713297556496-9d

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
I guess I spoke too soon. With all this talk of updates, I walked out to the garage, turned the ignition on to accessories and received a notification that an update download was in progress. I thought it strange since I have it set to receive updates at 1am, but nevertheless it now says I‘m updated to 6.3.2

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I guess I spoke too soon. With all this talk of updates, I walked out to the garage, turned the ignition on to accessories and received a notification that an update download was in progress. I thought it strange since I have it set to receive updates at 1am, but nevertheless it now says I‘m updated to 6.3.2
The schedule is for when the vehicle will APPLY the update, not when it will download them.

Reactions: Zig

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I ended up Deleting my Profile because one of the Updates kept ignoring how I previously had my Preferences set up and reverting back to Default colors in the MyMustang section. I like to drive with the Auxiliary Gauges on (hoping people who don't know of the New S650's can look in and see the Big Screen) and I always had to set my colors each time I started the car up. Since resetting my Profile back up, it's holding my Preferred settings.
Still didn't work for me. My settings got reset within the hour 😔
Sponsored