• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any OTA updates yet?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
What’s your SYNC 4 Software Version after the update?

Mine shows 23206_PRODUCT

Since I had zero issues so far, and starts up super fast, i disabled the Auto Updates, and will never turn it on, unless its a super concerning safety issue.

My dad taught me one lesson, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!
Not all OTAs will update the version info.
Sponsored

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I'm still waiting :) Haven't received a single update and yes automatic updates are turned on and set for 1 AM every day. Ford must not like me... Boo Hoo!!

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
I'm up Whispering Pines, literally the first subdivision past Clear Creek, about half a mile from Stevenson Park.
Heritage Park Point right off of El Dorado. Not far from each other. Do you attend any Car Shows?? I’m “Supposed” to be a Member of the SCM (Space City Mustangs) but I hardly have time to attend activities. They always fall on weekends when I have to work.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
Well considering that Whispering Pines turns into El Dorado, you are within shouting distance! I go to as many shows as I can, there was one last weekend in Stevenson Park, and every Friday there is a get together at the Freddys in Pearland on Pearland Parkway. Ihave a '68 Caprice survivor that I usually take, but have taken my GT to a few, and its been well received.

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
First time I own a car that can get OTA updates. I disabled all connectivity on day 1.
If the car works to my satisfaction today, why would I ever want a software update? I really don't understand what is to be gained. To me it's like introducing risk into something that works.
What is it that I don't understand here?

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
First time I own a car that can get OTA updates. I disabled all connectivity on day 1.
If the car works to my satisfaction today, why would I ever want a software update? I really don't understand what is to be gained. To me it's like introducing risk into something that works.
Yes and no. Updates are also there to patch Zero Day vulnerabilities. Don't forget, that this vehicle has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Hypothetically, someone smart enough could hack your vehicle without you knowing by just being within 10-15 feet (i.e. parking lots)

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yes and no. Updates are also there to patch Zero Day vulnerabilities. Don't forget, that this vehicle has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Hypothetically, someone smart enough could hack your vehicle without you knowing by just being within 10-15 feet (i.e. parking lots)
Thanks for the reply! So even if I disabled the modem it can still get hacked?
Thankfully Mustangs are almost never stolen here. Even less so manual ones.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Do you apply the updates to your mobile phone? Or do you run the same firmware version it was delivered with for all the years you use it?

While there may be bumps along the way with a brand new generation, the overall benefits of fixes, new features, and other updates are well worth it.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well considering that Whispering Pines turns into El Dorado, you are within shouting distance! I go to as many shows as I can, there was one last weekend in Stevenson Park, and every Friday there is a get together at the Freddys in Pearland on Pearland Parkway. Ihave a '68 Caprice survivor that I usually take, but have taken my GT to a few, and its been well received.
Nice!! Maybe one day we can meet up at one of the Shows and introduce them to the S650’s!! I’ve only seen about a handful of 2024 Mustangs around the area.
Sponsored