• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anti Theft Devices- What do you recommend?

Tomasfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordering a 2024 Mustang GT Convertible
So what are your thoughts on anti theft devices?
I'm most interested and intrigued by Ravelco device. Does anyone have this and what are your thoughts?
A battery kill switch could effect the electronics and always being reset.
I read a kill switch connected to the fuel pump is a good alternative if you creatively hide the switch. The engine will turn over, but never start and deter thief.

Can LoJack really help anti theft and is it worth the cost to maintain?

I'm not a fan of steering wheel locks or bars. A portable saws all would eliminate those.

Curious what people are using these days. Thank you!
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Stock 2a system​

(stock system, my plate, 2a)​

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
I'd recommend a manual transmission!

That will immediately turn away a high proportion of dumb asses, who will then look for an easier target.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Aren't many cars stolen by cloning a key that is left too close to the garage, driveway etc?
How good is the Ford security system?

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
urban myths and jokes aside, the best anti theft thing you can do is to just lock your doors. A majority of thefts are opportunistic ie the thief will just walk a line of cars and pull the door handles, if it dont open, move on till one does. secondly is to park out of easy public view be it a garage, parking lot or what have you. Ultimately the best "anti theft device" is going to be a locking bar or hard wired kill switch because if they can get past Fords security systems than anything electronic isnt really going to stop them either.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
urban myths and jokes aside, the best anti theft thing you can do is to just lock your doors. A majority of thefts are opportunistic ie the thief will just walk a line of cars and pull the door handles, if it dont open, move on till one does. secondly is to park out of easy public view be it a garage, parking lot or what have you. Ultimately the best "anti theft device" is going to be a locking bar or hard wired kill switch because if they can get past Fords security systems than anything electronic isnt really going to stop them either.
4 flats may be slightly more difficult to deal with. Although I agree with the sentiment.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what are your thoughts on anti theft devices?
I'm most interested and intrigued by Ravelco device. Does anyone have this and what are your thoughts?
A battery kill switch could effect the electronics and always being reset.
I read a kill switch connected to the fuel pump is a good alternative if you creatively hide the switch. The engine will turn over, but never start and deter thief.

Can LoJack really help anti theft and is it worth the cost to maintain?

I'm not a fan of steering wheel locks or bars. A portable saws all would eliminate those.

Curious what people are using these days. Thank you!
It appears one of the trade offs is remote start. Manuals donā€™t get remote start so not an issue with those but if contemplating for use with an automatic it seems in order to use the remote start/rev functions the ā€˜plugā€™ needs to remain in place defeating the purpose.

while a window sticker is nice, stickers and labels only mean something to someone that has prior knowledge (ie whatā€™s that, I dunno), kinda like LoJack, it donā€™t mean anything to anyone that doesnā€™t already know.

not knocking them just expressing my opinion.

A lowish tech solution, I have heard some use, for after the fact is to hide an AirTag in it. At that point every iPhone becomes a location scanner.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
1. Faraday pouches, one for each fob. If you're not in the car, keep the fob in the pouch.

2. Always lock the car, even if parked in the garage.

Bluetooth signals can travel well. You want to prevent fob-to-vehicle interaction as much as possible, to prevent clone and relay attacks.

I periscope up to occasionally pull Sync updates, but otherwise leave Wi-Fi off. User access to bluetooth, for phones and all that, stays off.

I have the factory security system installed ('22), which works well. Those setting up for a new car purchase, might be something to consider.

Most thefts in my area are opportunistic. People leave their cars unlocked, they don't have good lighting, leave something of value in plain sight or leave it running (warming up in Winter).

Trucks and SUVs are #1 and #2 on the hit list in CO. Older KIAs and Hyundais are not too far behind.

Last edited: