• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What would you do?

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
1) If you care about performance, why would you get an ecoboost in the first place?
2) It's a hell of a lot of money for a package that adds very minimal performance gains

I kinda figured this would be the response and varying opinions, neither right or wrong imo. I just enjoy hearing why others feel the way they do.

How much of that additional GT Performance can you truly use legally in the city before you are in the Reckless Driving category? I get that some feel they have to have a GT to get ā€œperformanceā€ and if you are in that camp I understand. Most ā€œperformanceā€ folks feel a 6 speed is the only transmission to have, how much of a difference do you think there will be going 0-60 between a manual GT vs a 3:55 geared Ecoboost with the HPP? Maybe .4-.6 at bestā€¦ā€¦so a half to 3/4 car length depending on the driver.

I think 350 ft/lb of torque is plenty of power for most city driving, where torque is really all that matters. Now for 1/4 miles or 85-90 mph sprints I canā€™t disagree that the GT will be considerably superior when the Ecoboost goes flat. Paying 10k for just another 65ft/lb, Iā€™m not sure about that. Again, it all depends on what you plan on doing with the GT.

Itā€™s ironic because the EB HPP is literally all about performance. From the 3:55 Rear Gearing to the Brembo Brakes that cost $1700 alone if you are OPTIONING them on a GT. I actually want to order Magneride for ride quality so that requires the HPP.

The ugly stock wheels on the Ecoboost almost require an optional choosing and the cheapest is the Wheel and Stipe at $900 or the 20ā€ at $1350 which is unavailable at the moment.

The total for the EB HPP is $3500 including the wheels. Take $1000-1350 off for wheels (if you are gonna option different that base wheels) and that means basically the HPP costs $2500. Getting the below for $2500 outside of the wheels, seems reasonable to me considering the Brembos alone are $1700

2.3L High-Performance Package
The available 2.3L High-Performance Package includes:
3.55 TORSENĀ® Limited-Slip Rear Axle
19" x 9" Carbonized Gray-painted Wheels With 255/40 ZR 19 (Summer Only) Tires*
19" Bremboā„¢ Brake System With Performance Linings and Black With White Logo Brake Calipers
Accent-Stitched Center Console Lid
Black Painted Strut-Tower Brace
Black Seat Belt
Carbon Black Grille ā€” Molded-in-Color
Electric Hand-Operated Parking Brake (Drift Brake)
Front Towing Hooks
Heavy-Duty Front Springs
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel ā€” Four-Piece With Chrome Bezel
Paddle Shifters
Raised Wedge Decklid Spoiler ā€” Painted Body Color (Fastback Only)
Spoiler Delete (Convertible Only)
Unique Chassis Tuning
Unique EPAS, ABS and Stability Control Tuning
Upsized Rear Sway Bar

Performance can be quantified in many different ways, again that definition may vary person to person.
Sponsored

Last edited:

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
What would you do? I placed order on 7/27. Still no VIN, etc. Just found a local dealer with almost exact specs that's "in transit" and available to reserve. Biggest difference - I ordered 20" painted aluminum wheels, all season. The car on its way has the High Performance package (which I don't fully understand) with 19" carbonized gray wheels & summer tires, which I don't love. Shadow black Ecoboost premium convertible.
I posted above what the HPP includes. Ford will not allow a 20ā€ wheel Ecoboost order as of today so you may be waiting a while. Looks are subjective but the HPP wheels appear to be one of the nicest wheels on the Mustang. What color is the one ā€œin transitā€? If Iā€™m understanding Shadow Black then they would contrast wonderfully and look great imo
S650 Mustang What would you do? IMG_1148
S650 Mustang What would you do? IMG_1348

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I kinda figured this would be the response and varying opinions, neither right or wrong imo. I just enjoy hearing why others feel the way they do.

How much of that additional GT Performance can you truly use legally in the city before you are in the Reckless Driving category? I get that some feel they have to have a GT to get ā€œperformanceā€ and if you are in that camp I understand. Most ā€œperformanceā€ folks feel a 6 speed is the only transmission to have( fairly sure you feel that way as you ordered a manual) how much of a difference do you think there will be going 0-60 between a manual GT vs a 3:55 geared Ecoboost with the HPP? Maybe .4-.6 at bestā€¦ā€¦so a half to 3/4 car length depending on the driver.

I think 350 ft/lb of torque is plenty of power for most city driving, where torque is really all that matters. Now for 1/4 miles or 85-90 mph sprints I canā€™t disagree that the GT will be considerably superior when the Ecoboost goes flat. Paying 10k for just another 65ft/lb, Iā€™m not sure about that. Again, it all depends on what you plan on doing with the GT.

Itā€™s ironic because the EB HPP is literally all about performance. From the 3:55 Rear Gearing to the Brembo Brakes that cost $1700 alone if you are OPTIONING them on a GT. I actually want to order Magneride for ride quality so that requires the HPP.

The ugly stock wheels on the Ecoboost almost require an optional choosing and the cheapest is the Wheel and Stipe at $900 or the 20ā€ at $1350 which is unavailable at the moment.

The total for the EB HPP is $3500 including the wheels. Take $1000-1350 off for wheels (if you are gonna option different that base wheels) and that means basically the HPP costs $2500. Getting the below for $2500 outside of the wheels, seems reasonable to me considering the Brembos alone are $1700

2.3L High-Performance Package
The available 2.3L High-Performance Package includes:
3.55 TORSENĀ® Limited-Slip Rear Axle
19" x 9" Carbonized Gray-painted Wheels With 255/40 ZR 19 (Summer Only) Tires*
19" Bremboā„¢ Brake System With Performance Linings and Black With White Logo Brake Calipers
Accent-Stitched Center Console Lid
Black Painted Strut-Tower Brace
Black Seat Belt
Carbon Black Grille ā€” Molded-in-Color
Electric Hand-Operated Parking Brake (Drift Brake)
Front Towing Hooks
Heavy-Duty Front Springs
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel ā€” Four-Piece With Chrome Bezel
Paddle Shifters
Raised Wedge Decklid Spoiler ā€” Painted Body Color (Fastback Only)
Spoiler Delete (Convertible Only)
Unique Chassis Tuning
Unique EPAS, ABS and Stability Control Tuning
Upsized Rear Sway Bar

Performance can be quantified in many different ways, again that definition may vary person to person.
1) If you thought people cared about "reckless" driving on a mustang forum idk. We're all gonna be doing pulls on public roads on the daily.
2) I'm coming from a challenger r/t, which is inbetween the GT and ecoboost in terms of power, and as my daily driver i found its power boring af
3) GT has over 1.5s 0-60 on the ecoboost, its not even comparable.
4) chatgpt did the math for me, 4.19 car length difference in a 0-60 race. thats a lot
S650 Mustang What would you do? 1693433549140

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
1. The same people who donā€™t care about RD on the forums are the biggest cry babies when they get ticketed for RD
2. Nice carā€¦
3. Smoking crack if you think the average GT manual driver and the average EB HPP will be that far apartā€¦šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Most ā€œreal worldā€ 6 speed GTā€™s are running 4.7-4.8 0-60 Comparably the Ecoboost HPP is doing the same in 5.5-5.6 So letā€™s just go with roughly 3/4 of a secondā€¦Is that really worth another $10kšŸ¤Æ.
4. Im not up on chatgpt but iā€™d guess it says about 2 car lengths with .75 seconds.

With all that said you know iā€™m just trying to push your buttons and stir the pot to have a little fun. I get what you are sayingā€¦I love my 401A A10 GT. The EB HPP is for my wife to enjoy.

Last edited:

t_ice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Mustangs
What would you do? I placed order on 7/27. Still no VIN, etc. Just found a local dealer with almost exact specs that's "in transit" and available to reserve. Biggest difference - I ordered 20" painted aluminum wheels, all season. The car on its way has the High Performance package (which I don't fully understand) with 19" carbonized gray wheels & summer tires, which I don't love. Shadow black Ecoboost premium convertible.
Buy the one in transit.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I never got my vin. They have eco-boost everywhere. I actually looked on cars.com and There are so many eco-boost out there, I think theyā€™re making more of those than anything else. See if you can find one identical on that and if you can, it may already be at the dealers.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called my dealer and asks about my car I ordered 3/27 and said until the car is here his eta is useless also. Family member ordered a bmw, from order to siting in driveway in 3 weeks, love my mustangs, just wish they could at least email you telling you an eta
The one I just got was my original one I ordered. It was ordered on March 27 as well and was a code 10, they told me today when I found out that it came in four days ago so the very end of July. I would say if you guys ordered them Same time as I did, and if you were at 10 priority code, they should be coming in any day

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I never got my vin. They have eco-boost everywhere. I actually looked on cars.com and There are so many eco-boost out there, I think theyā€™re making more of those than anything else. See if you can find one identical on that and if you can, it may already be at the dealers.
Do you realize that not every dealer lists their cars on cars.com but they do on ford.com? I recommend using Ford's website first, then drill down to the local dealers site when you see a car you like. Much better results.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you realize that not every dealer lists their cars on cars.com but they do on ford.com? I recommend using Ford's website first, then drill down to the local dealers site when you see a car you like. Much better results.
I just used cars.com, but I found a bunch of them, I found more on there than with the Ford guy told me today that they could find in this whole country of what I have anyway. Itā€™s really hard to find the manual and convertible. I think what I used it had 18 of them down, and Ford said they only found like eight
Sponsored