• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What would you do?

AmyJean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
What would you do? I placed order on 7/27. Still no VIN, etc. Just found a local dealer with almost exact specs that's "in transit" and available to reserve. Biggest difference - I ordered 20" painted aluminum wheels, all season. The car on its way has the High Performance package (which I don't fully understand) with 19" carbonized gray wheels & summer tires, which I don't love. Shadow black Ecoboost premium convertible.
Sponsored

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
What would you do? I placed order on 7/27. Still no VIN, etc. Just found a local dealer with almost exact specs that's "in transit" and available to reserve. Biggest difference - I ordered 20" painted aluminum wheels, all season. The car on its way has the High Performance package (which I don't fully understand) with 19" carbonized gray wheels & summer tires, which I don't love. Shadow black Ecoboost premium convertible.
Buy the car. The wheels are an easy change later on.

INSANEMUSTANG9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt
I called my dealer and asks about my car I ordered 3/27 and said until the car is here his eta is useless also. Family member ordered a bmw, from order to siting in driveway in 3 weeks, love my mustangs, just wish they could at least email you telling you an eta

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
If it’s not what you want you will find a way to regret it

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I called my dealer and asks about my car I ordered 3/27 and said until the car is here his eta is useless also. Family member ordered a bmw, from order to siting in driveway in 3 weeks, love my mustangs, just wish they could at least email you telling you an eta
Probably wasn't a 2 Series - speaking from experience.

INSANEMUSTANG9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt
Oh no just an x5 not m or anything, but still. My car according to dealer has been built since late June siting at ramp 59, and no info on when it’s actually is coming is pretty wild.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
That is a tough decision. I would be careful with putting a deposit on an in-transit vehicle at this time. Ford is going to be the strike target of the UAW so the dealers in-transit could be many months. unless they can show you the car has been built I would wait for your car. I know the waiting can be a pain. When I ordered my 22 F-150, I gave up after waiting 7 months, and drove 300 miles to pick up one that had the options I wanted. My GT Convertible is scheduled for a 10/2 build, so planning a several month wait with the impending strike.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I wouldn't buy one with the performance package, especially not on an ecoboost. Just pointless wasted money, other than that, if its the same I'd buy it. Ive had an order since 6/1 with no vin or even a scheduled build yet, if i see a similar one I'm taking it.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
You know what you want, what you ordered. You've budgeted and prepared for that.

You've expressed doubts about the incoming car, it's spec, possibly replacing the tires. The dealer might find a way to make things look good on paper, with you later determining it cost you.

Your order was placed only a month ago. Cars are arriving at dealers. Ford has worked through their issues. While there is the possibility of a strike, there's an equal chance of no strike. Further, if a strike did occur, we won't know how long it'd last.

I'd let it ride. Keep the existing order. In the mean time, do whatever prep you can researching things like accessories, detailing supplies, tint, ceramic coating or PPF.

It may suck on the wait, but you'll forget all that when the car arrives while being plenty pleased it's just what you wanted.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The 20 inch wheels are a constraint on builds. You will be waiting a while.

The in transit dealer status pretty much means nothing. Post the sticker and it can be tracked and get a rough idea of its time line.

Snakeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Vert, 2011 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2020 BMW X5
What's worse waiting for what you want or regretting what you settled for?

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
I wouldn't buy one with the performance package, especially not on an ecoboost. Just pointless wasted money, other than that, if its the same I'd buy it. Ive had an order since 6/1 with no vin or even a scheduled build yet, if i see a similar one I'm taking it.
I’m kind of curious as to your opinion that it’s a waste of money, especially on the EB.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I’m kind of curious as to your opinion that it’s a waste of money, especially on the EB.
1) If you care about performance, why would you get an ecoboost in the first place?
2) It's a hell of a lot of money for a package that adds very minimal performance gains

Cobalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost
1) If you care about performance, why would you get an ecoboost in the first place?
2) It's a hell of a lot of money for a package that adds very minimal performance gains
I ordered a Ecoboost HPP. The performance pack isn’t much different than the one offered for the GT.

Personally I went with the ecoboost because it’s my DD and I have a long daily commute to work. It’s still quick, plenty of fun to drive, cheaper (insurance as well), and better on gas. Would love to have a GT but an ecoboost is just a more logical decision for me.
Sponsored

Last edited: