• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anti-rust treatment Mustang S650

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
All S650 Mustangs are built in America right? Also the UK, European, Middle East and Australian models right?

I wonder why the American models don't get the same anti-rust treatment as the mandatory anti-rust treatment for European models.

America is large and has the same or even worse climate than in Europe. But still the American models don't get the same treatment from the factory.

Are there American owners here who did this treatment after purchasing the car? I only read about ceramic coating and PPF but never heard owners talking about taking care of the internals underneath the car.

Maybe this something we who live in America should think about.
Sponsored

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Keep in mind, not everyone in the United States lives near the ocean nor in an area where there is a lot of snow where salt is needed for the roads. In addition, at least for Ford, there is the Ford's Corrosion Perforation Warranty, which provides peace of mind by covering perforations in the vehicle's sheet metal resulting from corrosion for five years with no mileage limit.

OP
OP

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
Keep in mind, not everyone in the United States lives near the ocean nor in an area where there is a lot of snow where salt is needed for the roads. In addition, at least for Ford, there is the Ford's Corrosion Perforation Warranty, which provides peace of mind by covering perforations in the vehicle's sheet metal resulting from corrosion for five years with no mileage limit.
Well the same is for Europe, not everyone lives near the ocean nor in an area where there is a lot of snow where salt is needed for the roads right?

So why not give us the same treatment on our vehicles as the Europeans?

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My guess... cost savings *shrugs*

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Mine in the middle east i believe came with anti rust treatment.. the whole underside looks black coated.

S650 Mustang Anti-rust treatment Mustang S650 IMG_5042

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
That black looks even better too 😂
True… i found it quite visually pleasing. Plus if i throw in any mods… all i have to do is coat it black, and it will look as stock as it gets.. as we are forced to get the car examined annually for mods and safety.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Its a cost savings thing... Ford doesn't want to spend the extra $ to do that for you AND it is to their benefit since they hope it turns into a rusty junker and you buy another one from them.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Corrosion warranties only ever cover rusting from the inside out, aka under a panel /paint then coming through. The under panel is free to rust away as long as it never becomes cosmetic on the outer panel
Outside inwards aka surface corrosion is also not covered.

'Murican cars use steel brake lines as well right rather than Kunifer. (cunifer)

Waxoil is the common underbody treatment that used to be applied to the underside of cars over here, less so now.

Cars used to rust out before they mechanically failed (pre 90's) particularly fords! Then they got on top of that and realised cars were lasting to long so they built them to a design life instead.
So now cars fall apart before they rust out. They make sure it happens around the 3rd / 4th owner such that the original owner goes back for more!

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
I'm sure the non inclusion of undercoating is simply a cost issue. Less for Ford and less for us.

I'm only aware of 2 kinds of undercoatings (there may be more).

The oil/wax based kind like New Hampshire Oil Undercoating,

https://nhoilundercoating.com/

allegedly cheaper than asphalt based undercoatings; though it is supposed to be retreated annually which would erode the initial application cost advantage )if there is one).

And one time asphalt based undercoatings, such as Ziebart (had my 1994 Firebird Formula Ziebarted back in the day) that are allegedly more expensive.

https://www.ziebart.com/auto-care-services/undercoating/undercoating-services

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
I'm sure the non inclusion of undercoating is simply a cost issue. Less for Ford and less for us.

I'm only aware of 2 kinds of undercoatings (there may be more).

The oil/wax based kind like New Hampshire Oil Undercoating,

https://nhoilundercoating.com/

allegedly cheaper than asphalt based undercoatings; though it is supposed to be retreated annually which would erode the initial application cost advantage )if there is one).

And one time asphalt based undercoatings, such as Ziebart (had my 1994 Firebird Formula Ziebarted back in the day) that are allegedly more expensive.

https://www.ziebart.com/auto-care-services/undercoating/undercoating-services
Don’t forget the do-it-yourself version. Old farmers trick. Spray used oil under your vehicle and go for a drive down a dirt road. Not the most eco friendly version but it works.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Coating everything make working on things underneath a PITA. I can smell the stuff burning of the pipes or hoping when using a torch the crap doesn't burn and spread.
Sponsored